Deleted

Launching my PvP career!

Hey PvPers.

I'm a long time veteran player of WoW, and have raided hardcore for years. I've never really touched the PvP side of things though, and I'm a very bad loser. This will of course be a part of the cake, but I'm looking for a class that has a very low skill cap and that can keep me entertained, with still being viable in high rankings. I prefer playing melee. If you could just list a few specs that'd be great. Thanks!

All classes are easy to play. What do you consider high rankings? The reality is, if you're asking for an "easy" class, you're not breaking 2400.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    All classes are easy to play. What do you consider high rankings? The reality is, if you're asking for an "easy" class, you're not breaking 2400.
    2400 is fine in my book, in that threshhold. I need a good "beginner" pvp spec. One that I can experience fast succes with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvies View Post
    2400 is fine in my book, in that threshhold. I need a good "beginner" pvp spec. One that I can experience fast succes with.
    anything melee

Bm hunter, if you want go range.
    For melee any melee other than Rogues, they take a bit more skill and awareness than other melee class.

I would suggest to try Havoc (mad fun) and Arms (historically good @ rated arena), these two classes you purely focus on DPS/CC/Peels, no need to bother off healing like with hybrids and they are beginner friendly in my opinion, and also u have good/decent mobility so you dont get kited hard core (like Rets/DKs) and you do not need keep a track of bleeds or "combo points" (not sure exact name) for Feral/WW.

Personally i found Enhance very fluid/fun/strong back in WoD when i plaid it, i didnt lvl my alt yet, but from what i encounter from arena Enhance is in amazing good state atm, so id suggest trying Enhance as well.

Traditionally warrior and hunter have been somewhat simple to play yet effective in arena due to being capable damage dealers, having tier1 comps nearly thorough all arena seasons of WoW.

As for currently, these are the top melee (t1) classes in arena.

-Retribution Paladin
    -Enhancement Shaman
    -Assassination Rogue
    -Arms Warrior

Be noted that those classes above are not much ahead of the other melee classes. Those are classes that have been prominent in the tournament and ladder due to their efficiency. You can pick whatever you like and be successful with it.

Ultimately I would recommend a warrior, a class that has little responsibilities other than dealing as much damage as possible, you may not like it in solo PvP, as you have no recovery abilities and can lose duels to far less skilled players than yourself. If that bothers you, I would suggest DK or DH, though DH seems little bit weak in the 3v3 ladder right now due to poor single target damage outside Metamorphosis.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2016-10-13 at 03:19 AM.

I would suggest rogue. Assassination is in for a nerf, but sub is still strong but not nerf-worthy. Warrior is weak right now, but not so weak that Blizzard needs to prioritize buffing it. They're buffing bladestorm/dragon roar which won't bring warrior up on the tier list. Fury is getting buffed, but fury isn't great atm and it won't be after the buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinism View Post
    As for currently, these are the top melee (t1) classes in arena.

-Retribution Paladin
    -Enhancement Shaman
    -Assassination Rogue

-Arms Warrior
    ^ this
    the tournament was pretty much all rets,ass rogue,enh,mages and a aff lock as a sub to make hpals cry

Im not sure how useful ret will be tho if it weren't for pure of heart hard countering ass rogues.
    every comp more or less had a ret in it guessing its for the 25sec trinket that can be used on team mates
    Last edited by keishton; 2016-10-13 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keishton View Post
    ^ this
    the tournament was pretty much all rets,ass rogue,enh,mages and a aff lock as a sub to make hpals cry

Im not sure how useful ret will be tho if it weren't for pure of heart hard countering ass rogues.
    every comp more or less had a ret in it guessing its for the 25sec trinket that can be used on team mates
    Ret's ST dmg is also very very high, and once Ret connects with some1, ppl usually drop, the main Rets strength in my opinion 1) Pure heart (top one) 2) following by ST dmg 3) and lastly trinket for healer out of stun/fear.