Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

why is there so much xenophobia in european countries?

anyone that are not from the country seem to be subjected to xenophobia to some degree all the time, why?

Deleted
    You must be living in an alternate reality.

If this is true the best course of action is obviously more multiculturalism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynara View Post
    anyone that are not from the country seem to be subjected to xenophobia to some degree all the time, why?
    Several things I wonder

1) with a loaded, leading, and intentionally vague question on a brand new account I have to wonder if you haven't been banned before.
    2) cant/wont answer your question because you it is so loaded, leading and vague.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    If this is true the best course of action is obviously more multiculturalism.
    i cant say because i dont know what this multiculturalism is

i cant say because i dont know what this multiculturalism is
    Let's get as many different cultures and religions into the same place (which is apparently xenophobic) and surely nothing will go wrong. Social cohesion was never a thing!

Because the media has given you a skewed perception that there is. Europe has some of the most accepting countries in the entire world, with some of the most protective laws surrounding them and every other citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Several things I wonder

1) with a loaded, leading, and intentionally vague question on a brand new account I have to wonder if you haven't been banned before.
    2) cant/wont answer your question because you it is so loaded, leading and vague.
    Out of 7 posts he also started a thread called "do you shave your legs". Let's take a guess at how serious he is.

Why was there so much xenophobia from on LV-426?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Out of 7 posts he also started a thread called "do you shave your legs". Let's take a guess at how serious he is.
    He's already got two more started threads started than I do. /chuckle... yea.. something aint right.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Why, indeed, it's true that when there was no migrants in Europe, it was the land of milk and honey. It's well known that Germans and French went along superbly, like Irish, Scots and Englishmen....

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah write-off opposing viewpoints as an irrational phobia while convincing yourself that mass unskilled migration increases prosperity.

Xenophobia is as rampant as prejudice everywhere. Some people are better at hiding it or are capable of double think (1984 reference) with public vs. private opinions; while some groups brandish it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Several things I wonder

Probably a high schooler looking for a thesis statement.

There isn't, there's quite a bit of nationalism both blatant and latent which is an amazingly good thing especially when it's practiced by the ethnic and natural citizens of each country.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because the Cultures some people bring with them are incompatible with Civil Society. Many people don't want to deal with backwards cultures that refuse to assimilate or at least live co-habitually.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    There isn't, there's quite a bit of nationalism both blatant and latent which is an amazingly good thing especially when it's practiced by the ethnic and natural citizens of each country.
    Yeah. Pangermanism and panslavism, coupled with calling minorities filthy subhumans to be cleansed worked so well for Europe. Just a couple dozens millions of deaths. Once again, 95% and more European deaths. Because I'm going to repeat it a thousand times if required, the rabid racism the alt-right considers as holy gospel was about killing other white people, not largely inexistant Muslims or Africans.

Oh wait, let me guess, you meant ''good'' hatred, AKA ''Europeans'' hating ''others'', not the one that actually occured, AKA English butchering Irish, French butchering Germans before the reverse was true....
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-10-13 at 02:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike, say, Americas, Europe wasn't formed by immigrants; various European countries have been historically dominated by certain native groups. Those native groups' self-determination has never really been challenged by very large influxes of immigrants, and as such it is very strong, which necessarily leads to certain arrogance. I wouldn't call it "xenophobia" though: too strong a word.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Because the Cultures some people bring with them are incompatible with Civil Society. Many people don't want to deal with backwards cultures that refuse to assimilate or at least live co-habitually.
    Yeah. It was totally not used by, say, the Romans and Greeks over ''Barbarians'', English toward Gaelic scots or Irish, Germans toward Slavs...Obviously people completely inferior and weak compared to their rightful conquerors, and you have to be a stoopid SJW to think otherwise.

After all, Titus Oates said that there was an international conspiracy against the reign of King Charles the Second, so that must be true.

I would like to ask you people who live in the European countries that are taking in the most refugee's. Do the majority of these refugee's appear to be fanatical Muslims who want to oppress people with their religion? I suspect that most of them are not like this but their are a few of them that stand out this way. Is that the way it is?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Yeah. It was totally not used by, say, the Romans and Greeks over ''Barbarians'', English toward Gaelic scots or Irish, Germans toward Slavs...Obviously people completely inferior and weak compared to their rightful conquerors, and you have to be a stoopid SJW to think otherwise.

After all, Titus Oates said that there was an international conspiracy against the reign of King Charles the Second, so that must be true.
    Are you actually comparing modern societal structures and cultures to those of pre-industrial Europe?

Talk about grasping at straws but coming up short.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I would like to ask you people who live in the European countries that are taking in the most refugee's. Do the majority of these refugee's appear to be fanatical Muslims who want to oppress people with their religion? I suspect that most of them are not like this but their are a few of them that stand out this way. Is that the way it is?
    I mean, one of the MAIN focuses in the Qu'ran is the push to convert every to Islam and wipe out anyone that isn't part of it. So if they didn't would they technically be "true Muslims" since people that half-ass their beliefs always seem silly to me.