Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Uh bracers, stats, and rotation help

Still a little new to uh. I just recently gotten the legendary bracers. Ive been blood for a while and adjusting to uh is different to say the least. I don't have my second gold trait yet and assume my dps will increase when I get it
    I've done research and I am seeing a lot of UF spec with mastery haste.
    My question is how does the rotation work with the bracers? When I get the scourge strike buff, should I prioritize ss even with no wounds with the buff? I seem to be capped for runic power often. Is there a number I should prioritize death coil for? Im new to uh and appreciate the feed back.
    Atm Im pulling 200k plu dps, but I feel that is low for 857 itm level and bracers. I believe my roation is wrong.
    I have 20 crit 25 haste and 39 mastery.
    Last edited by Bloodronin4life; 2016-10-12 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey There,

Before some other DK-overlord beats me up for saying this.
    If memory serves correctly playing with Castigator is still preferred, you should also be aiming for Str > Crit => Haste > Mastery > Vers as your preferred stats.
    What makes the bracers amazing is the chance to pop 8 wounds at the same time, which is basically a free Apocalypse cast without the Ghouls.
    I believe rotation should work similar to the one on icy-veins and wowhead:

1) Apply disease via outbreak
    2) Transform on CD
    3) SR if you have >3 wounds on target and can burst them.
    5) Burst Wounds as much as possible with SS
    6) If you have >5 wounds use SS
    7) If you have <5 Wounds use FeS
    8) If you have nothing to do fish for SoW/RC buffs with DC

Obviously you want to pair your Gargoyle with your opener or when you feel you will do the most damage.

Talent build should be the following if you are focusing crit:

1) Bursting Sores (amazing ST & AoE burst with crit build and legendary)
    2) Pestilent Postules
    3) Castigator
    4) Sludge Belcher (has more HP, syncs better with Corpse hield)
    5) Corpse Shield
    6) Infected Claws (syncs better with wrist Legendary)
    7) Soul Reaper

Hope this information helps you
    Last edited by Mollox; 2016-10-12 at 10:50 AM.

Ty it does help. I do have 1 question if that's okay. When I get the ss buff from death coil, shoul i prioritize ss even if I have no wounds while the ss buff is up?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you get SoW(Scourge of Worlds) and you have no wounds you should prioritize to use a FeS(Festering Strike) then proceed to SS(Scourge Strike)
    30% Scourge Strike damage increase is awesome, but a majority of our damage is dealt by bursting wounds, guessing this is why we fish for the buff last when we are well over capping on RP because fishing a SoW, with RC and having 7/8 Wounds on our target to maximize our DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollox View Post
    If you get SoW(Scourge of Worlds) and you have no wounds you should prioritize to use a FeS(Festering Strike) then proceed to SS(Scourge Strike)
    30% Scourge Strike damage increase is awesome, but a majority of our damage is dealt by bursting wounds, guessing this is why we fish for the buff last when we are well over capping on RP because fishing a SoW, with RC and having 7/8 Wounds on our target to maximize our DPS.
    Thank you very much for the information. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollox View Post
    Hey There,

Before some other DK-overlord beats me up for saying this.
    If memory serves correctly playing with Castigator is still preferred, you should also be aiming for Str > Crit => Haste > Mastery > Vers as your preferred stats.
    What makes the bracers amazing is the chance to pop 8 wounds at the same time, which is basically a free Apocalypse cast without the Ghouls.
    I believe rotation should work similar to the one on icy-veins and wowhead:

1) Apply disease via outbreak
    2) Transform on CD
    3) SR if you have >3 wounds on target and can burst them.
    5) Burst Wounds as much as possible with SS
    6) If you have >5 wounds use SS
    7) If you have <5 Wounds use FeS
    8) If you have nothing to do fish for SoW/RC buffs with DC

Obviously you want to pair your Gargoyle with your opener or when you feel you will do the most damage.

Talent build should be the following if you are focusing crit:

1) Bursting Sores (amazing ST & AoE burst with crit build and legendary)
    2) Pestilent Postules
    3) Castigator
    4) Sludge Belcher (has more HP, syncs better with Corpse hield)
    5) Corpse Shield
    6) Infected Claws (syncs better with wrist Legendary)
    7) Soul Reaper

Hope this information helps you
    You think there is a cap to crit? I mean... 30% and then haste or we could go up to 35-38%?

Deleted
    Pretty sure you go UF and mastery>haste, that's how it has been discussed and simmed on discord. I'd check there to be sure

Quote Originally Posted by olivete View Post
    You think there is a cap to crit? I mean... 30% and then haste or we could go up to 35-38%?
    There is no cap in crit.
    The cap for haste is approximately 20%.
    Once you hit 20% haste, go for crit/mastery gears but of course crit should be higher than mastery.

Because:
    1. Reason why we want high crit is because of Castigator. With Castigator, high crit gives us more wound per FeS, and pops more wound per SS. This dps increase outweighs the dps increase we get from higher haste and mastery. So there is no cap unless you have 100% crit.

2. More than 20% haste would result in situations where you have no skills to use, especially with hero buff in raids. Faster GCD is always better than slower GCD, but not at the expense of lower crit.

3. Mastery gives us more shadow damage (correct me if I'm wrong on this) for Unholy DKs, which is significantly lower dps than the above No 1, but it is still a dps increase. So if you already have 20% haste, then you would want gears that have crit/mastery rather than crit/haste because the extra haste would give us nothing while the extra mastery would give us a small but still increased dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldara View Post
    Pretty sure you go UF and mastery>haste, that's how it has been discussed and simmed on discord. I'd check there to be sure
    I actually updated my gear with 51 mastery and 26 haste as UF spec. Im at 200 to 250k dps now. im loving the spec.

Drop castigator - get unholy frenzy

Quote Originally Posted by LETSGETPARTY View Post
    Drop castigator - get unholy frenzy
    I've had bracers for about a week, and I cannot get UF to pull ahead

I have a ton of 850-865 gear to pick from, have simmed a crap load of different sets, max haste/mast/crit

UF always comes out a TINY amount on the sim, but not in reality (reality?lol). Castigator always works best for me, smoother rotation (wounds applied is the key here) and bigger numbers , I find if i pop wounds at 5-8 I have enough runes to keep a smooth rotation, although more runes with haste would be nice, However having gcd's but no wounds to pop doesnt do you any good.

UF attack speed seems underwhelming, becausee its just...attack speed, on certain ST I think it might be better, and definitely will be at higher ilvls, but right now I still not buying into the hype.

@36/15/36 crit/hst/mst castigator feels equivalent to 12/10/94 (silly I know, but for testing) with UF numbers wise

I think the general DK consensus of haste>crit>mastery is not always correct. I think there will be baseline %'s to hit with crit/haste, then full mastery will be best.

I am willing the make the rough assumption 30 crit % is enough, and 15% haste is enough (wouldn't go past 20)

The last sim I ran last night had the stat weights come out almost equal across the board, 7.2-7.7 ish. which to me means pretty much any higher ilvl gear will be best if you are running balanced stats. (switch out a high crit/low haste piece for a high crit/low haste, not high haste/low crit)

On top of that, I think trinket choice is gonna effect this too. if you are stacking like 25% haste and running dual haste proc trinkets its too much. I think too much haste gets counter productive, having 3 stack SR up during Hero is ridiculous, you have about .5 sec to choose between FS and SS, Do I have 8 stacks or 0, that shit gets hectic and there is no point in just spamming shit during your highest DMG window in the game. That is the time you want to ensure a solid (albiet FAST) rotation.

At the end of the day I think smooth rotation/resource regen is #1 thing to achieve

Deleted
    If you have a shit-ton of crit you stay castigator untill you've gotten rid of some of it. When you've gotten low enough, i'd say around 25%, you can go Unholy Frenzy. You pop wounds at 5 wounds, not 3.

I don't get where they got the idea that haste/mastery is the way to go though, because I sim so much differently. Mastery is by far the lowest priority for me right now.
    Last edited by mmoc3c02903358; 2016-10-13 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    If you have a shit-ton of crit you stay castigator untill you've gotten rid of some of it. When you've gotten low enough, i'd say around 25%, you can go Unholy Frenzy. You pop wounds at 5 wounds, not 3.

I don't get where they got the idea that haste/mastery is the way to go though, because I sim so much differently. Mastery is by far the lowest priority for me right now.
    Same, I think people just assume mastery because of wounds. Meanwhile I'm genming and enchanting versatility lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Izilar View Post
    Same, I think people just assume mastery because of wounds. Meanwhile I'm genming and enchanting versatility lol.
    Exactly. Same deal for me. Versa is by far my top priority right now.

Seems like some interesting results your sims must be bringing back. Crit has no cap with Castigator and BS pushes Mastery up to my second best Single Target stat and shouldn't have a cap whilst Haste always wins out sub 20%. Guess I'll run some UF sims later on to see if I can get the same results although I'm sans bracers. Versatility is definitely under rated but I'd be very interested in seeing your sims.

AWS still better than BS for Single Target with leg bracers ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandeleon View Post
    AWS still better than BS for Single Target with leg bracers ?
    Yes it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Seems like some interesting results your sims must be bringing back. Crit has no cap with Castigator and BS pushes Mastery up to my second best Single Target stat and shouldn't have a cap whilst Haste always wins out sub 20%. Guess I'll run some UF sims later on to see if I can get the same results although I'm sans bracers. Versatility is definitely under rated but I'd be very interested in seeing your sims.
    Strength=10.08, Ap=8.50, CritRating=8.47, HasteRating=8.24, MasteryRating=6.94, Versatility=8.80, Dps=10.51 These are my current statweights.

Running with
    15: All Will Serve (Unholy Death Knight)30: Pestilent Pustules (Unholy Death Knight)45: Unholy Frenzy (Unholy Death Knight)60: Sludge Belcher (Unholy Death Knight)75: Spell Eater (Unholy Death Knight)90: Necrosis (Unholy Death Knight)100: Soul Reaper (Unholy Death Knight)

And current stats on
    Crit 26.29% 25.22% 6727
    Haste 23.38% 23.38% 7600
    Damage / Heal Versatility 2.65% 2.65% 1060
    Attack Power 31303 29597 0
    Mastery 39.10% 39.10% 3283

Have legendary wrists and simming to a grand total of 362k

Yes it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Strength=10.08, Ap=8.50, CritRating=8.47, HasteRating=8.24, MasteryRating=6.94, Versatility=8.80, Dps=10.51 These are my current statweights.

Running with
    15: All Will Serve (Unholy Death Knight)30: Pestilent Pustules (Unholy Death Knight)45: Unholy Frenzy (Unholy Death Knight)60: Sludge Belcher (Unholy Death Knight)75: Spell Eater (Unholy Death Knight)90: Necrosis (Unholy Death Knight)100: Soul Reaper (Unholy Death Knight)

And current stats on
    Crit 26.29% 25.22% 6727
    Haste 23.38% 23.38% 7600
    Damage / Heal Versatility 2.65% 2.65% 1060
    Attack Power 31303 29597 0
    Mastery 39.10% 39.10% 3283

Have legendary wrists and simming to a grand total of 362k
    I need to ask cause I am facing this alot, but with those stats: 26% crit, 23%haste, 39% mastery and almost 3% versa... if you simc your stats now, it keep telling you to get more versatility!?

When I do that, usually sim tells to go back to crit or haste...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by olivete View Post
    I need to ask cause I am facing this alot, but with those stats: 26% crit, 23%haste, 39% mastery and almost 3% versa... if you simc your stats now, it keep telling you to get more versatility!?

When I do that, usually sim tells to go back to crit or haste...
    Also to clarify, it is with the latest version of Simc updated 2016-10-12.

Well what are you running with?

Just one version before that. Every time I run de scalling and swap my gear zip run again I get stuck in a loop, let say haste is good then it's Versa then mastery and keeps like this. Maybe I am doing something wrong...