Poll: Which do you prefer?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Artifacts vs weapon drops

Which do you prefer? Do you like the hefty power gain from getting a sought after weapon from a raid/dungeon, or do you prefer the small incremental increase from artifact weapons?

I'm more partial to weapon drops. If they continue this artifact thing, I'd rather they just bring back the Relic slot for all classes (Librams for Palis, Totems for Shaman, Quivers/Pouches for Hunters, etc.). Although ultimately I'd be happy to never see artifacts again.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

I hope we go back to weapon drops after Legion. Much prefer getting that awesome upgrade that I earned from a boss kill.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think the artifact, but instead of having 3 relics
    you had the old relics, like a libram, tome, etc

and it acted like the old ones, doing something to a specific spell

so you would have your artifact, ands the more points you put in, the higher the ilvl
    but then you also have this offhand thing, that goes on your hip, a libram, relic, tome, etc, that gives you an augment to a spell, and stats
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the Artifacts. Weapon Drops have always been boring to me since transmog came along since I just xmog it to the same look and it's basically just a stat bonus.

Artifacts are great in the fact I can keep working towards them and keep getting stronger, whereas with my horrible luck I tend to go 80% of a tier with a previous tiers Weapon before I get an upgrade.

I like the idea of artifacts but I hate being pigeonholed into a weapon type I hate the entire expansion (daggers for Feral, fists for Guardian, gun for BM & dagger for Shadow are all horrible).

They should just let you mog any artifact weapon > artifact weapon - so my Hunter could use the bow as BM, Druid could use scythe as Guardian/Feral and Priest could use either of the staff models. I can't even mog those shitty dagger/fist weapons into staves (and my druids transmog collection was obviously a vast collection of polearms/staves as those specs never used daggers/fist weapons since vanilla). If I can mog those horrible daggers to a green there's no really reason to not let me mog it into the balance scythe - make it cost 5-10k gold, I really wouldn't care.

If they fixed that I'd have no problem with artifact weapons, they're certainly much less drama/annoyance than fighting over weapon drops in raids.

I like the artifacts mostly because my luck with weapon drops weren't particularly great in WoD. At least with the artifact weapon I've been increasing it in power on a weekly basis, which is p nice.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer artifacts continue provided they fully invested in the idea and gave us far more skins and colours than we have now. It seems like it would get very boring by the end of this expansion if they did constantly give us new models given every patch in the past has had lots of new weapons added.

10+ Year Old Account
    while both have their pro's and con's, i prefer Artifacts because of the questlines/steady weapon progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Artifacts can be expanded on, but I hope the system is here to stay. A weapon is as important to a hero's identity as the hero himself. All old tall tales sing of a hero and his weapon - Thor and Mjolnir, Cú Chulainn and Gáe Bulg, Aragorn and Andúril, Arthas and Frostmourne..

An expansion I'd like to see for Artifacts are more of them from lore, with different weapon types. Current users of staves get wands, swords or maces, for example. They don't even need to be as strung up in lore as Ashbringer or Scythe of Elune, just make them awesome! Or even reuse old weapons like Val'anyr, Sulfuras or Dragonwrath. It was done with Thunderfury so they aren't against it.
    Also, artifact traits were cool for the first week.. The system is pretty bad. I hope the gold traits get baked into the classes and the system removed. There are better ways to do endgame progression - Suramar is proof of that. It turned into just another vanilla talent tree 2.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    getting the most powerful weapons on azeroth then it being replaced by farmer joes sharp toothpick for 100 extra stats doesn't seem like a very good business decision
    obviously artifacts forever is the way to go
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I most definitely prefer artifacts, they are way more interesting, fun, immersive, customizable, and story-driven. There is also a lot of potential for growth in the tech used for artifacts.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Artifacts by far, weapon drops were just boring RNG shitfests. It took me 5 fucking months to get a shield to drop in Dragon Soul, that wasn't fun in the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    I much prefer Weapon drops, its way more exiciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    I much prefer Weapon drops, its way more exiciting.
    but it destroys lore
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

I like the artifacts. Gaining artifact power and increasing its strength always feels good for me. It's also nice how they made your off-spec artifacts catch up quickly to the main one by scaling the power.

Not a fan of how they implemented the relics though. Wasting loot drops or bonus rolls for 3 different weapon slots you have to fill just feels bad. Especially getting an ability that you don't care to put in your weapon.

I think it's too soon to ask that question, since we're still in the first month of a two year expansion, but so far i like artifacts a lot and hope they stay.

I love artifacts so much, and I think while they still need to mess with how relics work, so some traits dont out class others, but a whole ton, I think its over all better than waiting for weapon drops and then throwing away your old one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't necessarily hate artifacts but I definitely want to go back to normal drops. I mean, when you think about it artifacts are weapon drops, just prettier and tied into a new character progression system. I mean, weapon drops still exist they just come in the form of relics now. And you need 3 of them. So it's even worse. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiarra View Post
    gun for BM
    At least you can solve this by transmogging to a bow or crossbow, unlike the other examples you mention.

I quite like artifacts tbh, so far I have a DK and shammy at 110, nothing quite beats using a ability frequently to spawn more minions

The dh one not as fond tbh, but guess that's just me liking minions or shiny thing happening which I haven't had on the dh yet