Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    --snip--

Nvm.
    Nice save though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedric123 View Post
    I don't like people complaining about legendaries but this one was genuinely the only one that isn't good for me, worse than my 850 crafted neck.
    Neither do I.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I don't know why everyone turns it in to a pissing contest.

The whole point is that it literally can be devastating to get a shit legendary. That shouldn't even be possible but it absolutely is.
    Its not. You just don't understand what is and isn't important.
    Its the lowest impact, but its still something that can be extremely useful for a damage dealer.
    It IS useless for a tank in most situations, but its still a very high item level piece with an enormous upside.

You just need to learn how to use it properly.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

It's alright, I got my BIS legendary.... Almost deleted it, with fraps running to show blizzard how much I hate the system. Didn't because people have been complaining about the super RNG loot forever and they continue to ignore us.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    I've seen some posts from you, mostly good and informative stuff but this? You must be trolling?
    For the sake of clarity let's compare the stats right away:

Prydaz legendary neck (ilvl 895):
    - 1397 Mastery
    - 776 Crit
    - 1 socket

Righteous Dawnlight Medallion of the fireflash, (crafted 850 neck
    - 1101 Haste
    - 734 Crit
    - 1 socket

You are saying the Prydaz is a massive upgrade? You sir are massively wrong. Actually I just simmed both of them on my Ret, and the crafted neck IS better. But hey, you are have a top 1 parse on normal boss, obviously you know your shit.

It seems to be two kind of mindsets here;
    The retards (who gets triggered because someone got a orange item, thinkin it's good per se)
    The informative (who understand that this is actually a DPS loss compared to stuff you can buy on AH, and the other aspect is that your Bad Luck protection is broken)

Feel for your TS, hope you have better RNG in the future!
    I am not trolling. The legendary neck would only be a dps loss at very particular gear levels, like if you're sitting at exactly 17% haste with the crafted. The legendary has 338 more secondary stats in total which will yield more dps unless you have some colossally fucked up stat weights. Right now for me, mastery is holding pretty steady at around 6.5-7 per point, while haste fluctuates between 14.5 and 1.4. Usually though, haste is around the same dps as mastery. You should only ever stack haste like a motherfucker if you're below 17%. After that, you need to be very careful with when you take haste vs other stats, as you can easily find yourself in a situation where you're enchanting for almost no dps.

If you're not the kind of player that is willing to maximize every single stat point, then you will in almost all cases be better off equipping your highest ilvl gear and gemming/enchanting for versatility. The 10% damage increase was an exaggeration because most people have no clue what they're doing with their characters and I wanted to hammer home the point that when in doubt, go for ilvl. Most people are not capable of going deeper with their class than reading a guide that says haste to 30% > crit > vers > mastery > haste after 30%. What people don't get is that every point of anything changes the value of everything. Stat weights are a constantly moving target and haste moves more than any other. It's silly to not take 45 ilvl because there's a small chance that haste's value might be absurdly higher than it should be for every single point of that crafted neck.

If you cannot quantify every upgrade/downgrade in exact numbers, "X will increase my dps by 932" then you're not informed enough to make decisions about your character with any degree of accuracy. At that point, any change that you make is a shot in the dark anyway, so you are far better off taking the higher ilvl both for the more total stats it provides and for the boost in stamina.

I only brought up my parses because someone called me a retard without giving any hard evidence as to why I was wrong, so I was being a cheeky dick. And for the record, I don't just do good on one normal fight. I'm ranked 95% or better on every fight in normal and heroic, 98 or 99% on most fights. I'm ranked that high because I actually give a fuck about maximizing my character. When I got that same neck, by swapping around gems/enchants/trinkets/talents, I managed to turn it into a 20k dps increase, and I had an 850 crafted with haste and crit at the time.

Only a child would be content because he got a legendary, bragging rights obviously. Real players actually want upgrades, so i understand completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Pain View Post
    I am provoked. Geting any kind of itemlevel 895 is a grand boost no matter what.
    Stop crying and be pleased.
    There is no way a 895 neck is worse than a 850 no matter what the stats are.
    Eventually you will get more legendaries, and geting 2 of a kind is something Blizzard says they have fixed and shouldnt happen.
    Such ignorance, sim it, that neck is a 5k DPS loss for my Ret against my 850 crit/haste neck, it's total shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I've probably ran more ret sims than anyone else on this forum, and I can 100% guarantee you that that 895 neck is an absolutely massive upgrade for you. Probably around a 10% damage upgrade.
    You are 100% wrong, it's awful, you clearly haven't done any Ret sims with this neck against one with haste/crit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omgacow View Post
    I'm really tired of seeing these threads about how the neck is a downgrade. There is no fucking way losing 40 ilvls of secondary stats is a bad thing, unless you are some class like fire mage where crit > everything else. The next will still be a DPS increase over your 850 neck.
    This is basically how Ret is with mastery, but backwards, it's an absolute trash stat for us unless we are doing AoE with the Greater Judgment talent... Anything with Mastery is awful, the neck is a downgrade, sims support this.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

You can still wear it to feel special :3

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You are 100% wrong, it's awful, you clearly haven't done any Ret sims with this neck against one with haste/crit.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya know what, you're right. I'm obviously just trying to save face here. Never once have I simmed my character or made any decision that will increase my dps.

You keep doing your middle of the pack dps. You're definitely on the right track.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya know what, you're right. I'm obviously just trying to save face here. Never once have I simmed my character or made any decision that will increase my dps.

You keep doing your middle of the pack dps. You're definitely on the right track.
    I sim every single piece of gear I get, even if I'm pretty sure it's a downgrade, the neck is a downgrade, 5k loss against my 850 haste/crit neck.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I sim every single piece of gear I get, even if I'm pretty sure it's a downgrade, the neck is a downgrade, 5k loss against my 850 haste/crit neck.
    I go way beyond simming every piece of gear. Sim every piece of gear with every talent combination. Find out why something sucks, not if it sucks. If you know why it sucks, there might be something you can do to make it not suck. Change your talents, sim yourself with scaling, change trinkets. If you have high haste try dropping down to 17% via changing enchants/food and stack the fuck out of crit. Different talents and different amounts of certain stats will cause drastic shifts in your stat weights.

What talents do you raid with? What haste% are you at? What enchants and food buff do you have? What trinkets are you using and which trinkets do you have available?

10+ Year Old Account
    I go way beyond simming every piece of gear. Sim every piece of gear with every talent combination.
    I do, it is at best a 5k loss from my current.

Could you show the sim results? If this is the case and you're right, you could just end the entire argument about it being bad easily.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Could you show the sim results? If this is the case and you're right, you could just end the entire argument about it being bad easily.
    I don't save my sim results and my gear has changed substantially since the sim I mentioned

My legendary research finishes tomorrow, and if I don't get a third legendary before then, I will try to fit the neck back into my gear over my current 870 neck. If you'd be interested in my results, I can post those to the ret guide thread.

Deleted
    I don't save my sim results and my gear has changed substantially since the sim I mentioned

My legendary research finishes tomorrow, and if I don't get a third legendary before then, I will try to fit the neck back into my gear over my current 870 neck. If you'd be interested in my results, I can post those to the ret guide thread.
    For someone that loves to sim so much, I find that a very weak excuse to not make a new sim using those two necks. Even if your other gear has changed and your final result will be altered, at least then you can show what your current gear situation would give us. And if that doesn't support all your trash talking, then perhaps the OP has a legit concern about his gear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Getting a legendary that you will never equip is worse than not getting one at all, at least your bad luck protection is still intact.

An 895 legendary neck being worse than an 850 crafted epic is a very legit concern. Removing primary stats from rings and necks was a bad idea, should have just given them all three like cloaks. At least then the 45 ilvls of strength might have made it an upgrade.
    Its prbly one worst on terms of dps but better on survivability. Depends if the person wants to do more dps or live thru a fight easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordhbane View Post
    For someone that loves to sim so much, I find that a very weak excuse to not make a new sim using those two necks. Even if your other gear has changed and your final result will be altered, at least then you can show what your current gear situation would give us. And if that doesn't support all your trash talking, then perhaps the OP has a legit concern about his gear as well.
    Why would I do that now when I have to do it tomorrow anyway? Fuck off, I don't owe you anything.

For the record, I only talk trash when other people start shit with me first.

Deleted
    Why would I do that now when I have to do it tomorrow anyway? Fuck off, I don't owe you anything.

For the record, I only talk trash when other people start shit with me first.
    Ok, so tomorrow you will show us the difference between his neck and the legendary neck. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordhbane View Post
    Ok, so tomorrow you will show us the difference between his neck and the legendary neck. Perfect.
    No, if I feel like it, I will show the difference between my current neck and the legendary neck with my gear with a variety of talent combinations and enchants, and possibly trinkets if I find it necessary. My neck is better anyway though.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Could be worse.

You could've killed withered Jim the last 2 weeks, bonus rolled for gold and don't have a legendary at all.

Sitting at sub 860 ilvl farming mythics+9 but ain't dropping no nuttin'. Just saying. it could be worse.
    Getting the neck is literally worse than getting no legendary, since that'll reset the bad luck prevention counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    I've seen some posts from you, mostly good and informative stuff but this? You must be trolling?
    For the sake of clarity let's compare the stats right away:

Prydaz legendary neck (ilvl 895):
    - 1397 Mastery
    - 776 Crit
    - 1 socket

Righteous Dawnlight Medallion of the fireflash, (crafted 850 neck
    - 1101 Haste
    - 734 Crit
    - 1 socket

You are saying the Prydaz is a massive upgrade? You sir are massively wrong. Actually I just simmed both of them on my Ret, and the crafted neck IS better. But hey, you are have a top 1 parse on normal boss, obviously you know your shit.

It seems to be two kind of mindsets here;
    The retards (who gets triggered because someone got a orange item, thinkin it's good per se)
    The informative (who understand that this is actually a DPS loss compared to stuff you can buy on AH, and the other aspect is that your Bad Luck protection is broken)

Feel for your TS, hope you have better RNG in the future!
    "I just simmed both of them", alas, is not very informative, nor accurate.
    I'm assuming you wanted to accurately make a point, but you can't make a point without giving us the full rundown of what you just simmed and how.

It's all in the details, both the devil and the DPS.

How much haste did you have when you ran your sim with the legendary neck?
    That is very important, considering that up until about 30% haste, haste is the best stat money can (literally) buy.

The legendary neck is in all likelihood going to pull ahead of that crafted neck in sims if you can gather up the haste from the rest of your gear without having to sacrifice high ilevel items for lower ilevel items for the sake of the haste "cap".

Granted, most people don't have the extra gear ready to go, and trying to fit that neck into to your gear set while gaining an increase in DPS is going to be somewhat more difficult than with some other legendaries; but it doesn't mean the necklace is worthless or that anyone is "massively wrong".

You just need to consider more variables and be more thorough. Bold statements without the math or sims to back them up are ratheress useless.
    Last edited by Fatali; 2016-10-13 at 09:23 AM.