Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Top 5 Trinkets for Guardian Druid

I want to know what your Top 5 Tanking Trinkets From Mythics or Raiding either that you've used or are trying to attain..

5. ?
    4. ?
    3. ?
    2. ?
    1. ?

I've been loving Sindragosa's Jawbone.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMalky View Post
    I've been loving Sindragosa's Jawbone.

I have been trying to get that since i was high enough to run mythics.. cannot get that to drop for me.. but then again only have gotten her a handful of times..

Disclaimer: None of this is fact, it's my personal experience and ideas.
    Most of them are pretty shit, but overall I'd say:

0. Darkmoon Deck
    1. Coagulated Nightwell Essence
    2. Talisman of the Cragshaper
    3. Shard of Rokmora
    4. Groteque Statuette
    5. Horn of Valor

Darkmoon Deck is pretty powerful, i'd say it's a no brainer as a first trinket.
    I think 1 and 2 are pretty even. 3 is more useful on AOE situations as is 4. 5 is just fun.

I did not put in the Violet Hold trinkets as they're not farmable through Mythic+ and thus harder to get titanforged.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked up a 850 Cragshaper with a socket last night.

Gonna abuse the shit outta that for ages to come, especially soloing older content.

Got the Ichor trink as well. Not bad, but I'd prefer a static vers boost like Cragshaper.

- - - Updated - - -

And picked up the cards for the darkmoon trink. Prio now to get the forge operating and get it boosted to 850.

I'm running

1) Grotesque Statuette + Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor (more survivability raids)
    2) Grotesque Statuette + Shivermaw's Jawbone (more aoe/slow)
    3) Grotesque Statuette + Unbridled Fury (more crit for easy m+)

Have the following choices:

865 Unbridled Fury
    850 Grotesque Statuette
    840 Talisman of the Cragshaper

Which of them should I use for a) Raid b) M+?

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Disclaimer: None of this is fact, it's my personal experience and ideas.
    Most of them are pretty shit, but overall I'd say:

0. Darkmoon Deck
    1. Coagulated Nightwell Essence
    2. Talisman of the Cragshaper
    3. Shard of Rokmora
    4. Groteque Statuette
    5. Horn of Valor

Darkmoon Deck is pretty powerful, i'd say it's a no brainer as a first trinket.
    I think 1 and 2 are pretty even. 3 is more useful on AOE situations as is 4. 5 is just fun.

I did not put in the Violet Hold trinkets as they're not farmable through Mythic+ and thus harder to get titanforged.
    If you just look at the numbers, Nightwell residue is FAR bettter than cragshaper, our nobrainer-combo is darkmoon card+nightwell.

cragshaper: 500k absorb/1min, nightwell is 1mil absorb/20sec. Awesome, and overpowered trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyttis View Post
    If you just look at the numbers, Nightwell residue is FAR bettter than cragshaper, our nobrainer-combo is darkmoon card+nightwell.

cragshaper: 500k absorb/1min, nightwell is 1mil absorb/20sec. Awesome, and overpowered trinket.
    Can't check it ingame as I don't have it, but WoWhead has the nightwell residue listed at 5 RPPM, so you get the 1mil absorb - on average - every 2 minutes, not 20s.

Anyway, how would you rank the Unstable Arcanocrystal?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Can't check it ingame as I don't have it, but WoWhead has the nightwell residue listed at 5 RPPM, so you get the 1mil absorb - on average - every 2 minutes, not 20s.

Anyway, how would you rank the Unstable Arcanocrystal?
    Cragshapper, Rokmars Crystal and Nightwell should have the same total absorb per 2 minutes, but as they work on different ways, I still would prefer Nightwell for a full absorp against a partial one.
    Unstable would be like 2% more survivability by stats, why not mention heart of darkness?

Obvious tankiness choice is Darkmoon and Nightwell, everything other either what you got or situational.

Out of the trinkets I have... The usual 2 I use for raids:
    Unstable Arcanocrystal
    Random WQ one with Agi and over 800 Vers

For Mythics I use the Shard of Rokmora for trash packs.

Would go with Cragshaper though if it dropped and DMC for sure.

Was DMC nerfed? No longer multiplies IF, just adds onto it after IF is applied.

But I'm glad I got a Cragshaper out of mythic+ weekly chest this week 870 to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Noobism View Post
    Was DMC nerfed? No longer multiplies IF, just adds onto it after IF is applied.
    More likely a change to IF to only use our base armor, not DMC specifically, but yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    More likely a change to IF to only use our base armor, not DMC specifically, but yes.
    People keep saying this, but I don't see a hotfix or patch note that indicates this. Any source?

To add an on-topic question, how good/bad is the Impenetrable Nerubian Husk? I have an 840 Cragshaper and 845 Nerubian (along with DMC). I'm pretty sure the Cragshaper is better, but I wondered how they compare.

And how do the armor trinkets (DMC, Nerubian, etc.) scale for timewalking?
    Last edited by Dreznak; 2016-10-13 at 06:47 PM.

Just an FYI but because of Mythic+ a lot of Bears focus on DPS trinkets. I'm old fashioned in that it is the tanks job not to die. In addition he should require as little healing as possible so the healers can focus healing the raid. In Mythic SoO Bears were so strong and I was ridiculously geared due to a once in a lifetime string of lucky rolls that I was constantly telling the healers not to heal me.

That said the nature of Mythic+ make tank DPS pretty important. The Feral DMC is actually pretty good for this. I don't think you can equip both. I believe Bloodthirsty Instinct is BIS. Like I said I favor survivability but keep those options in mind.

What about the alch trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreznak View Post
    People keep saying this, but I don't see a hotfix or patch note that indicates this. Any source?
    It's very easily confirmed ingame, it changed sometime this week. No other sources but our own eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    It's very easily confirmed ingame, it changed sometime this week. No other sources but our own eyes.
    Let me get this right, I'm in Canada and don't play as much while I'm out of country - I haven't seen any differences to my survivability.

Was IF changed to only affect base armor and are have you experienced any difference in bear survivability?

- - - Updated - - -

On topic input:

I'm currently hunting Groteque Statuette since I'm 90% sure it's our very best in slot, I'm hoping to get it this week's lockout to replace my 865 HC Goblet, which is nice but the agility is just useless in my eyes.

As secondary trinket I've been lucky enough to pick up a Nerubian Husk (875) from Challenger's weekly cache, which has been performing amazingly - I'm regularly going over 45k armor and peaking 60k (Unsure about exact number -+ 1.5k).

However I'm lacking versatility heavily at this point, sitting below 3k Vers but sitting at 871 ilvl I haven't started feeling less tanky since quite some time now.

My next step besides hunting HC Xavius trinket, I'll be farming EoA to get more versatility pieces to replace my current crit and haste overloaded items.
    Karinaku - Armory - Twitch Stream -Guardian/Feral druid in <Fate> EU-Outland

I don't think it's really competetive, but if you have shitty trinkets, the gnormeregan auto-blocker costs 50 timewarped badges and gives 800 agi with a 2k armor for 40s every 2min, so that's like 2/3 of a darkmoon trinket

and that'll take like 10 minutes for you to get, seems pretty good to me

also yeah, when did the ironfur/dmc nerf hit cause that's pretty dumb, if they're going to nerf bears, I'd rather they do it in a way that isnt as punishing to people who bought an item, even if it was a pretty cheap one
    Last edited by ryklin; 2016-10-13 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karinaku View Post
    Let me get this right, I'm in Canada and don't play as much while I'm out of country - I haven't seen any differences to my survivability.

Was IF changed to only affect base armor and are have you experienced any difference in bear survivability?
    It was named in last nights hotfix notes now, despite being active at least since Wednesday:

Druid
    - Ironfur no longer incorrectly multiplies Bonus Armor effects from temporary buffs.

(Source)

This will reduce survivability somewhat, but admittedly the combination of IF with temporary buffs was way too strong before. Could reach 85% armor cap with 3 stacks easily.