Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    even blizzcon 2016 post on mmo-c main page has diablo face in it

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    even blizzcon 2016 post on mmo-c main page has diablo face in it
    It's the 20th anniversary of the franchise. There will be a lot of stuff about Diablo - not necessary good stuff but quite an amount.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 2 remastered, a new expansion for D3 plus a hearthstone adventure spin-off based on the Diablo franchise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Sounds like exactly what PoE attempted, except with better endgame.

PoE with a good budget (ie a lot of money funneled into graphics, game engine, and cinematics) would be the best ARPG.

If Blizzard can make something similar (ESPECIALLY in its complexity, though not necessarily in its skill floor - PoE takes a lot of work to get into), then that's what D4 should be.
    I don't know. I didn't really enjoy PoE. Didn't like the graphic and aesthetic in PoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    I don't know. I didn't really enjoy PoE. Didn't like the graphic and aesthetic in PoE.
    PoE has a great deal with the skill tree - where basically any class can theoretically reach any node (takes both lots of time and it's not guaranteed it's a good strategy anyway) and this way some builds can be pursued over a long time. Skills are directly equipped through gems (meaning any character can equip any skill by having the needed stats) so again another degree of complexity and customization.

This is a double edged sword; many people are driven away by the complexity and slow pace, while others are really attracted by it. Personally, i find that awesome. Even if "cookie cutter" builds do exist, they rely on having done lots of levels and focus on specific gear which is really hard to obtain. Most players actually try to design a build they think it's good and see how far they can reach ingame.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Like I said in the post you quoted, PoEs great downsides are the graphics and game engine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way better than D3, that's for sure.

Seriously though, D2 Main core game, with updated mechanics like pay to respec, having a skill bar etc.
    Much of it is nostalgia. It is like people who say Vanilla wow was the best when in reality, it was not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Much of it is nostalgia. It is like people who say Vanilla wow was the best when in reality, it was not.
    D2 has a lot more potential hours to sink into it than D3 even today, if you can look past the shitty graphics.

That said, I don't agree that D4 should be a D2 HD remake. It needs to be something better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    D2 has a lot more potential hours to sink into it than D3 even today, if you can look past the shitty graphics.

That said, I don't agree that D4 should be a D2 HD remake. It needs to be something better.
    So did Vanilla WoW. We mages rode to Molten Core entrance 30 minutes before raid so that we could make water for the raid, 2 waters at a time. Yes, you read that right - we could only make 2 flasks of the good water at a time. I am sure it was a great fun of a time sink for all the vanilla mages.

D2 was great. But D3 after the RMAH removal was better - much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

well now that schedule is out, we can see diablo is buried

How's that hype treating you now?

How many virtual tickets do you think those 7 little words sold? Don't hold out hope, get your money back! If something does happen it will be on the front page of MMOchamp 5 minutes later, and on YouTube 30 minutes later.
    Last edited by Coombs; 2016-10-13 at 07:13 PM.

this schedule nearly no diablo at all. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    D2 was great. But D3 after the RMAH removal was better - much better.
    Nah. D3 after they dumbed it down is a forgettable game that you play for a week before getting bored with it. The only things cool that happened during its entire history were memes about how awful the launch was, how retarded the RMAH was, and kripp&co defeating diablo HC on hell before they nerfed it because people just couldn't handle how impossibly difficult the game that those guys easily overcame was.

Of course, if an expansion ever launches, people will care again. For a week. Then everyone will forget about it again.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I'm more worried (going by the schedule) Diablo dont have much floor time at all. Im thinking another Major patch, which is ok i guess.

lol based on the schedule it looks like nothing at all is even coming.

A patch.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Fairly certain there is going to be more than just a patch announcement. Last year the only announcement was a patch and they only had one 1 hour dev Q and A. This year they have the 2 hour long Diablo 20th Anniversary event on top of a 1 hour Dev Q and A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    lol based on the schedule it looks like nothing at all is even coming.

A patch.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    We'll see what happens.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

A legendary potion that allows you to go fuck yourself when you have nothing to do in the game, i.e. all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We'll see what happens.
    There's nothing more that I want than an expac or some other kind of game, but it doesn't look like it. At all.

I hate all the new Blizzard games. All I like is Diablo and WoW. Feels bad to see Blizzcon these days filled with those other new games that I'll never like. Oh well, Times Change.

Hope they at least put a D2 remake with D3 like graphics.