Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Guardian] Legendaries Questions

Two questions:

Does the neck legendary change our damage mitigation secondary stat priority from Vers > Mast > Crit/Haste to Mast > Vers > Crit/Haste?
    You get a 15% HP shield as long as you don't get hit for 5 seconds in a fight, and you can get the shield as often as every 35s. Also, the shield is boosted by our mastery's +healing. (Say I had 15% mastery, the shield would be for 17.25% of my health instead.)

Which two legendaries should I be aiming for to maximize my damage mitigation?
    My thoughts: I was thinking that Elize (+2 max stacks of thrash, increases Rend and Tear's max mitigation and damage boost from 6% to 10%) + Ekowraith(50% boost to current spec and affinity perks, changes Thick Hide's 10% DR to 15% DR) would be the best way to go for overall mitigation.

Deleted
    If you actually can choose, your thoughts are correct. The 2nd item is worth more for pure mitigation and more reliable, I wished to have the boots for a more self powered sustain.

Ah yeah, hadn't thought about the boots giving 12% max health per regen, though I was thinking more along the lines of being in a raid rather than out in the world. (Still, it'd be so troll in world PvP with how ridiculously survivable we are already.)

I don't have either of those legendaries just yet, but they're the two legendaries I want for raiding. I've gotten the neck (15% of HP in a shield, as above) and the wrists (25% damage and range on thrash) so far.

i find the survival instincts ring to be pretty good, with it i can use a cooldown for pretty much every unavoidable damage besides melee.

Wrists OP. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Legs are second choice, as they're both a dps and surv increase.
    SI ring is really good too. Makes SI more flexible.
    Boots are good in solo content. Maybe in dungeons. Not at all in raids. FR is already overhealing there most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Boots are good in solo content. Maybe in dungeons. Not at all in raids. FR is already overhealing there most of the time.
    For surv, you want chest (5% damage reduction) and legs (4% damage reduction). Wrist are just dps, and this guy was asking for damage migitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyttis View Post
    For surv, you want chest (5% damage reduction) and legs (4% damage reduction). Wrist are just dps, and this guy was asking for damage migitation.
    I think the point was using double-mitigation legendaries over not using the legendary bracers is rather silly. The amount of mitigation we have w/o legendaries is already sufficient for almost any scenario. If anything, the legendary ring making SI usage more flexible would be the most probable contender for a secondary legendary paired with the bracers if we're concerned about damage intake. Currently using SI ring and Thrash pants, until I get the bracers.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2016-10-13 at 12:56 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I think the point was using double-mitigation legendaries over not using the legendary bracers is rather silly. The amount of mitigation we have w/o legendaries is already sufficient for almost any scenario. If anything, the legendary ring making SI usage more flexible would be the most probably contender for a secondary legendary paired with the bracers if we're concerned about damage intake. Currently using SI ring and Thrash pants, until I get the bracers.
    Of course we are durable enough without legendaries, by design every tank is and its just a bonus.
    By that DPS seems the most sensible way to go to make a contribution, but so can be damage mitigation if your healers can benefit on it more than just saving a bit mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    Of course we are durable enough without legendaries, by design every tank is and its just a bonus.
    By that DPS seems the most sensible way to go to make a contribution, but so can be damage mitigation if your healers can benefit on it more than just saving a bit mana.
    The only legendary that could potentially change how healers spend mana on a bear is the SI ring by having an extra charge of SI or slightly more frequent use of SI for high-burst damage scenarios. Adding an extra 4-5% damage reduction gets lost in the ether very quickly, and healers likely wouldn't even notice. The damage that you take during an encounter likely varies by a larger amount than that amount of damage reduction would prevent. If you're hovering at really low HP frequently, then that's another story... although that's likely not gear but execution failures of the bear or healer(s).

*edit* - Anecdotal for certain, but I've run with and without Rend and Tear to see if my healers could notice the difference, and the answer was "You changed talents? Didn't notice"... and that's 6% damage reduction.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I think the point was using double-mitigation legendaries over not using the legendary bracers is rather silly. The amount of mitigation we have w/o legendaries is already sufficient for almost any scenario. If anything, the legendary ring making SI usage more flexible would be the most probable contender for a secondary legendary paired with the bracers if we're concerned about damage intake. Currently using SI ring and Thrash pants, until I get the bracers.
    Ring is good, that is true. But only boss that dps had any effect was mythic ursoc. Trying to do dps that has no influence to fight mechanics instead of making healing and thus whole fight more fluent, is just stupid.

EDIT: have to soften up my poost a bit: if it fits to your guilds tactics, then why not
    Last edited by Hyttis; 2016-10-13 at 01:31 PM.

Alright, so it's a tossup between three legendaries for me, then: The chest, legs, and ring. The legs and chest I've already elaborated upon (also, an extra 2.5 yard range on everything would be so nice), and I figure it'd be beneficial to play the guardian's strength to the hilt: passive mitigation out the ass.

However, the ring's really good too because I tend to use SI aggressively. Having an extra charge and better charge rate might help me have a charge ready to go for bosses in mythic+ or another burst damage ability from a raid boss.

...and yes, the wrists are absolutely ridiculous for dps as a tank -- my dps regularly goes over a million now!

Trying to do dps that has no influence to fight mechanics instead of making healing and thus whole fight more fluent, is just stupid.
    This might be true for raids where there is (mostly) a single boss and there are dozens of people, however for mythic and especially mythic +, bear damage is very important. The majority a of dungeon is trash mobs in packs of 3+, and we can get very high damage in those pulls. By increasing thrash damage even more you are killing trash faster, which means you will ultimately recieve less damage, as well as heal more during RoTS leech. Furthermore by adding more damage you are making the run faster, which is important in mythic +.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanede View Post
    This might be true for raids where there is (mostly) a single boss and there are dozens of people, however for mythic and especially mythic +, bear damage is very important. The majority a of dungeon is trash mobs in packs of 3+, and we can get very high damage in those pulls. By increasing thrash damage even more you are killing trash faster, which means you will ultimately recieve less damage, as well as heal more during RoTS leech. Furthermore by adding more damage you are making the run faster, which is important in mythic +.
    Agree, 100%. My point of view was purely from mythic raids, where bear dps is quite irrelevant.

Agree, 100%. My point of view was purely from mythic raids, where bear dps is quite irrelevant.
    I raid normals and heroics, with no plans to go on into mythics. I tend to want to push dps as hard as I can, since its a little bit less that everyone else in the raid has to do to get the boss down.

...I didn't get an answer to my first question though: Does the shielding neck legendary change our stat priority from Vers > Mast > Crit/Haste to Mast > Vers > Crit/Haste? The shield double dips from our mastery -- Both the extra health and the +healing taken parts of mastery boosts the shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    I raid normals and heroics, with no plans to go on into mythics. I tend to want to push dps as hard as I can, since its a little bit less that everyone else in the raid has to do to get the boss down.

...I didn't get an answer to my first question though: Does the shielding neck legendary change our stat priority from Vers > Mast > Crit/Haste to Mast > Vers > Crit/Haste? The shield double dips from our mastery -- Both the extra health and the +healing taken parts of mastery boosts the shield.
    didnt they fix any sort of mastery double dipping?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

10+ Year Old Account
    In and of itself, yes. Not this though I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Milocow View Post
    didnt they fix any sort of mastery double dipping?
    Seems like the Magnum Opus is exempt from that.
    I have 3,780,649 health, the shield I get is for 682,743, which is quite a bit more than 15% of my health (567,097).
    It seems like the shield benefits from both mastery's +healing taken AND versatility's +healing done -- neither alone was enough to get close to the total shield amount.
    Last edited by Etamalgren; 2016-10-14 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Communicate more with your healers. Let them not freak out when you drop low. 0% overhealing is impossible to reach but very often I get my full FR's. Not to mention it being really strong in M+.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to continue to use no legendaries at all, and pretend it's a choice.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Communicate more with your healers. Let them not freak out when you drop low. 0% overhealing is impossible to reach but very often I get my full FR's. Not to mention it being really strong in M+.
    No, I actually mean I can overheal myself with FR, even if healers don't heal me.