Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Just had a terrible moment..

Was doing the Meeting their Quota WQ in Suramar where you help make the arcwine.

I hopped into the vat along with 8 or so other people and began jumping.

It was at this point I literally said to myself "What is my life?"

All of us in the vat, most likely 18-30 year olds, with our characters jumping on some imaginary grapes.

Have you had any "What is my life?" moments?

Not while playing video games.

Deleted
    I keep getting them increasingly often. Especially when the thrill of the new expansion has already pretty much withered away and you realize that there's still nothing to do but grind, grind, grind. Same things again in the same order on every single character.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I keep getting them increasingly often. Especially when the thrill of the new expansion has already pretty much withered away and you realize that there's still nothing to do but grind, grind, grind. Same things again in the same order on every single character.
    No offence, but you should quit. Not because you whine or anything, but because you genuinely don't like the game anymore. Just come back for patches and expansion for a month or so and then leave and do something that doesn't make the time spend feel wasted.

Yeah I have them everytime in real life and/or playing video games!

"Some idiot is trash talking and arguing over who has better music taste, OVER THE INTERNET, really?"

I'm posting on some forum talking about a game that will most likely be inactive/non-existent in 15-25 years. What am I doing?

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess my moment came back in Cata. Dragon Soul just drained my will to play the game anymore. It wasn't all at once, just a slow, relentless drain to my will.

So I played something else for a couple of years, resubbed for Legion, and I'm done again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Games are fun, but ultimately pointless.

I used to feel like that, then real life hit me, I got a girlfriend who I now live with, I started working out again, I got a part time job besides my studies, I started spending my time in games relaxing.

There is no point to games, and MMOs are grindy. Now you need to ask yourself, do I enjoy grindy games? If not, then MMOs probably arent the right venue.

Life is ultimtely pointless, if you chose to view it that way, I mean you will die eventually, what is the point of living?

Everything doesnt need to have a grander goal or end result, the most enjoyable things in life are all but pointless apart from the memories they give.

Stop thinking about why you are doing something, and instead focus on what you enjoy doing. So what if its pointless as long as its enjoyable :P
    Last edited by mmoc9804b1efc7; 2016-10-13 at 12:56 PM.

"Here I go, kicking nuts and collecting "evasive" squirrels that don't seem overly evasive... for the 9th time in 2 weeks."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Life is ultimtely pointless, if you chose to view it that way, I mean you will die eventually, what is the point of living?
    "Never turn away a memory", Tim Riggins taught me that. Many times I'm asked "hey, I'm bartending, you should come get a drink or 3, I get off early" and I'm like.... I hate the parking, I don't really like that place in general, but she is fun and cute as beans... what the fuck else would I be doing... kicking nuts and collecting evasi... wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    The replies here make me feel much better about my dread-induced what is life moment, thank you for being honest everyone

I used to feel like that, then real life hit me, I got a girlfriend who I now live with, I started working out again, I got a part time job besides my studies, I started spending my time in games relaxing.

There is no point to games, and MMOs are grindy. Now you need to ask yourself, do I enjoy grindy games? If not, then MMOs probably arent the right venue.

Everything doesnt need to have a grander goal or end result, the most enjoyable things in life are all but pointless apart from the memories they give.

Stop thinking about why you are doing something, and instead focus on what you enjoy doing. So what if its pointless as long as its enjoyable :P
    That's some positive nihilism right there.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by hallilad View Post
    Was doing the Meeting their Quota WQ in Suramar where you help make the arcwine.

All of us in the vat, most likely 18-30 year olds, with our characters jumping on some imaginary grapes.

Yeah I also had Moments like These... but when you think about it, then it's not too bad compared to what others do for Entertainment (like watching shitty Shows on TV etc.)

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Well, do you have other aspirations and/or goals outside of gaming? That could be your issue if you have such a problem. Also, I'm much older than 30, and I love being able to make arcwine when it's the daily. I miss Margaux's voice, though, from the original quest.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Depends on if you believe in an immortal soul and reincarnation.

I've had those moments during raid wipes, when certain people are screamimg on voice chat and acting like the end of all hope and goodness is near. It makes me want to erase this "game" from my life lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hallilad View Post

When you life a fulfilled life, you have no problem with jumping on some imaginary grapes. Still, you just want to play less trivial, infantile games like WoW. I recommend playing Eve Online then.

Nice post and so very true. I mean, you can say doing things that make a positive impact on the world or those around you has more of a purpose, but in 1,000 years none of it will be relevant (if we haven't gone extinct by then already). Do the things that make you happy and don't regret them as wasted time. On the flip side, don't play WoW if it feels miserable... move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    I've had those moments during raid wipes, when certain people are screamimg on voice chat and acting like the end of all hope and goodness is near. It makes me want to erase this "game" from my life lol
    Had this happen about a year ago. We barely killed 4 Normal bosses in HFC and the raid leader was hell bent on starting Heroic. So we spent 3 hours wiping on the first boss, all the while people yelling at each other in Vent. The raid leader also added a third raid night, so now it was TH FR SA nights with attendance semi mandatory. Right in the middle of an expansion he wanted to turn us into a Normal Casual raiding guild to semi hardcore.

After the first weekend of three nights (10 hours) I sat back and said what the hell am I doing. I soon left for a casual environment and have been enjoying Legion at a slow pace. Spent time doing home remodeling etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Like someone stated, No Ragrets' - but OT a bit here, This comes up quite a bit with progression raiders.. people literally log in one day and go.. I have to quit the game for life - and they never came back lol!

WoW is my out, it's my time as a hobby, spent with friends/etc to have fun - if you don't like this type of hobby, it's time to perm retire/RIP, and don't look back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Well, do you have other aspirations and/or goals outside of gaming? That could be your issue if you have such a problem. Also, I'm much older than 30, and I love being able to make arcwine when it's the daily. I miss Margaux's voice, though, from the original quest.
    Making Arcwine is the most amusing questline ever. Not as fun as rampaging on a dinosaur in Suramar but still fun nonetheless

/wave
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

We all will die at some moment, so better spend it on something you enjoy, if you enjoy playing games and you're hot hurting anyone(and yourself) then just do it. Even if it's wrong from some social point of view.