Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    You're right, but not. We are closer to nuclear war every day since 7/16/1945. It's not a conspiracy, we all know it, unless we all act and rid the world of these weapons and the people who would make or use them, they will be used. They were used once, when only 1 party had them. Now, when one goes off, they'll all go off. No tin foil hat, no crazy shit, these weapons are armed and the computers that monitor the regions they "guard" are on god damn floppy discs and some go off when a flock of birds pass over whatever country. It makes everything on this entire planet a joke with no punchline when you put in perspective, and needs to end.
    Hey we only almost trigger the nuclear apocalypse via detecting a flock of birds on our floppy disk computers sometimes. Its not like it happens all the time. Quit fear mongering dude.

On topic Putin is in power. People in power want to remain in power. There are a couple sure fired ways to lose power for a guy like Putin... Things like making life miserable for his own people, starting a war he can't win, destroying civilization, etc... Those are all things he, a rational self-interested person, will try to avoid doing because... Like I said. He wants to remain in power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    All this dumb posturing by Russia. I really hope the Russian people wise up and select someone better than Putin. Having an ex-KGB authoritarian in charge of your country is not good. Not to mention that he is sucking your economy dry, he is the richest man in the world... not because he is doing a good job, but because he is stealing from you.

Is Vladimir Putin hiding a $200 billion fortune? (And if so, does it matter?)
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...oes-it-matter/
    Well the article I quoted puts something into light, they have far worse than Putin when it comes to babbling buffoonery, so at least they can count themselves (and us) lucky on that part.

Its about time it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    When Hillary becomes President (and its looking more likely unfortunately).

She can put forward a proposal of a "no fly zone" to the UN Security Council who would probably vote for it.

The US and it Allies on behalf of the UN would enforce it.
    Russia would just veto it.

I can't possibly fathom the US and Russia actually going to war. Russia has nukes and you risk a nuclear war. Is Syria worth risking a nuclear war? Obviously not.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    You're right, but not. We are closer to nuclear war every day since 7/16/1945. It's not a conspiracy, we all know it, unless we all act and rid the world of these weapons and the people who would make or use them, they will be used. They were used once, when only 1 party had them. Now, when one goes off, they'll all go off. No tin foil hat, no crazy shit, these weapons are armed and the computers that monitor the regions they "guard" are on god damn floppy discs and some go off when a flock of birds pass over whatever country. It makes everything on this entire planet a joke with no punchline when you put in perspective, and needs to end.
    It is a conspiracy nutting, and extreme ignorance of history. Launch orders have been given atleast twice, and the only reason it didn't go to nuclear war, was because the men refused to follow the orders. If you can somehow tell us how we are now closer to nuclear war, than the times the launch orders were actually issued, then go right ahead. I'm waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    There are tons if you google, but how about this one: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/pu...ar-war-n665376
    SERIOUSLY?????? THAT is the source you use...... An ally of Putin....... give me a break.

You obviously have not been around on this earth for very long, and have no idea of anything historical if you think we are closer now than ever. Maybe do some more research before putting together threads.

or... maybe this is a disguised anti-hilary thread??

- - - Updated - - -

I was referring to establishing a no-fly zone over Syria. It would be more dangerous than the Cuban Missile Crisis because that will affect Russia a lot more.

It would be like if we were in a war with Mexico and Russia says that it'll be establishing a no-fly zone there (which means ALL our planes over Mexico would have to be grounded. Any American plane would be shot down by the Russians if they enter Mexican air space).

What do you think would happen?
    Are you seriously trying to be funny? Do some honest research on the Cuban Missile Crisis already. This is no where close

Deleted
    Let's do it then. Get it out of your system.

Chickens!

I think it's very hard to be closer to a nuclear war than during the Cuban missile crisis.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    So according to several sources, we are very close to a nuclear war with Russia over the Syrian thing.
    No we're not lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    I think media are over reacting and fearmongering a lot.

For example CNN's main front page article right now:

Russia, US move past Cold War to unpredictable confrontation

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/12/po...war/index.html

What??
    The media fearmonger? No way...
    Next thing we know people will start believing everything they see/read CNN says about Donald Trump.
    Oh wait...
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2016-10-13 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I think it's very hard to be closer to a nuclear war than during the Cuban missile crisis.
    We were closer during Abel Archer '83 than the CMC.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are tons if you google, but how about this one: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/pu...ar-war-n665376
    >asks for source
    >cites nbc
    >spills kool-aid when typing retort

So according to several sources, we are very close to a nuclear war with Russia over the Syrian thing. Hillary is pushing for a no-fly zone over there and I fear it may be the spark that ignites WWIII.

This is pretty devastating news because I was reluctantly planning on voting for her (hate that cunt so much, but Trump is a literal mad man that is on record for questioning why nuclear weapons are off the table).

Now I don't know what the fuck is going to happen. Vote for cunt and die in a nuclear war with Russia or vote for ego mad man and possibly die in a nuclear war with China while being hated by the rest of the planet.
    We are closer than we have ever been to a nuclear war.

This is incorrect, I dont care if your "sources" are senior White House advisors from the Pentagon. We've LITERALLY been feet away from all out nuclear war, the plane was TAXIING down the runway to nuke Cuba when a quick thinking operator drove out to stop him because the alert was false and they could not contact the plane by radio

Deleted
    What I don't get is USA holding down Russian advances in Syria. They claim they have non, and they want to preserve peace. Iv'e read pure speculations that they want the Syrian goverment to fall to the rebelion so they can buy gas from Quatar and not Russia, while Al Asad rules he will never let that happen. Regardless of that US has been holding back NATO and with that Russia from sending ground troops into Syria.
    We all know that the civil war is Syria is lost if Russian tank enter the country. They maybe armed but they will never withstand fighting 2 fronts. Especially an opponent like Russia and no alliance in the world approves helping rebels take down official goverments.
    Suspending the nuclear pact is just a warning sign of Russias army preparing to "liberate Syria" and help restore order. The US will show claws but will not do anything cause a nuclear attack on the US is far worse for them than buying gas from Russia.
    Putin is not stupid and Trump maybe reckless but not one of them will pull the nuclear trigger. The first one to do so just started a nuclear war against the world.

Deleted
    Not if you're Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The Cuban missile crisis was such a big deal because of how easily they could have just lobbed a warhead into the US, with zero warning and no way to save people. Nobody wins in a nuclear war. Countries of this size know this and wouldn't consider it unless it was an absolute final choice. It certainly isn't going to be your opening shot in a war. As soon as any country fires off a nuclear weapon all the other countries are going to follow suit. Even if they aren't fighting them prior to the launch as soon as you do so amazingly stupid endangering the entire globe, everybody will turn on you.
    Theres a rather good Movie about that: "WarGames"

Lets play a Game, how about Thermonuclear War.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Not if you're Japanese.
    I'm sending you the bill for getting the Pepsi out of my keyboard, and nose...

They have to wait until we at least invent the Robobrain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Nobody wins in a nuclear war.
    Years ago a developer was testing the bots in their new FPS game, they were supposed to adapt to the players techniques. Anyway they left it running for ages with just the bots and when they spectated it they were just standing still not fighting. The reason for this was they had learnt the only way to not die was to not fight. That's a joke of course, the real reason was because they had realised camping was an advantage over entering a room and so they had all started camping, forever.

But hey, at least they learnt not to fight lol.