10+ Year Old Account

Mastery became a thing for Outlaw?

I use AMR for my gearing purposes. I pay for it so I have access to BiG feature. It's pretty amazing. It give me an entire set of gear to wear based on what's in my bags/bank instead of just looking at a singular piece and saying it has the right stats and they are better than the last item I had on, only to find out that I'm over the crit cap or something silly that invalidates and item being better.

Last night I got a couple new pieces so I did my usual thing and ran the BiG feature. Something vastly different from what I expected happened though. My gear all switched out. Well 4 pieces of it that I had pretty much abandoned. My enchants went from Vers to Mas, as did my gems. So I checked everything. My settings, my spec, I reset my cache, used another browser. Everything I could think of. I checked their forums for any bug reports. I came here to see if there had been a hotfix I wasn't aware of. Nothing pointed me to why I was getting mastery. There is a small note on Icy-veins that secondaries might change up a bit. But I paid that little mind. The note seemed so insignificant for whatever reason.

So I decided to check another means of gear check. Shadowcraft. I imported my character, and I expected to find that I was correct. That AMR was broken. That's not what I found. Shadowcraft, even before switching out my gear, had me enchant and gem Mas. I updated the gear based on the AMR recommendations, and the expected DPS on Shadowcraft shot up too.

In the end I'm down 2 lvls, but my DPS (Shadowcraft expected) went from 258819.10 - 276261.0 depending on a couple pieces, that's like a 10K DPS increase. I only attempte Ursoc after, which was my guild's first time in there, but my DPS was only down a little bit. Which I expect is more from me running around trying to avoid death after it was obvious we were going to wipe. In other words I have no real world experience with the performance of Mas yet.

So is Mas a thing? Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

I came here for this too, the values completely changed out of no where. *summons zoopercat*
    IO / WP

Did you by any chance gain access to Fortune's Strike trait for your Artifact Weapon recently? Maybe that is calculate with it.
    Last edited by Powell; 2016-10-13 at 02:33 PM.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Did you by any chance gain access to Fortune's Strike trait for your Artifact Weapon recently? Maybe that is calculate with it.
    I believe Shadowcraft has verse/mast where as AMR had verse/crit anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    I used shadowcraft and it told me to go all out mastery. I did so, and my dps plummeted. I'm not sure what to think quite honestly. Is it broken? Did i just not play as well that night? I need to compare some logs, but my initial feeling is mastery is a no-go for Outlaw.
    I have been doing 10% haste with verse>crit for mythic plus. Thats what I have found works best for me. Maybe its my playstyle idk. Mastery just hasnt done shit for me.

You guys should abandon that crap and use Simcraft with stat weights options turned on. You will thank me later . No good Rogue will use AMR or Shadowcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    I only have one point in it I think. But that's from a relic, which I've had for quite some time. This change with AMR just happened last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
    You guys should abandon that crap and use Simcraft with stat weights options turned on. You will thank me later . No good Rogue will use AMR or Shadowcraft.
    Thank you for your wonderful advise. Looking for information on Mastery pertaining to Outlaw rogues.
    Not looking for cynical commentary from people looking to up their post count, stroke off, or stretching their legs after coming out form under their bridge.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Mastery makes sense. Once you reach a certain point in your artifact and hit a certain level of crit, your offhand attacks will start to edge out raw % increase. Especially considering just how much Versatility you need to stack to even get 10%.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just read around the forums on AMR. While rogues don't have a thread yet, I got the gist there were purposeful changes made and it appears they were recently. The stat weights are currently:

Agility 10.73
    Mastery 8.13
    Vers 7.11 (hehe)
    Haste 6.85
    Crit 6.64

Doesn't really matter beyond here , but meh.
    MH 3.2
    OH 1.53
    Movement .07

This may be assuming that you have Fortune Strikes though!!!
    I'm going to make a post on there later today, I don't have the time, nor collected all the thoughts I want to include yet.
    Leech .02
    Avoid .01

Hey rogues!!! I haven't chatted with you all in a while.

We did an update last night to all weights, so they are now based on a REAL fight, Ursoc. So you'll see some changes because of that. Next up: a mythic+ / AoE script (we're pretty excited about that).

Also, I'm not sure where @Tactics got his info, but AMR stat weights are very robust. You can get your own custom strategy that looks at 1000s of data points (not just 2 like SimC), AND our 'stat weights' include simulations of every single item with a proc, at all item levels. Since trinkets can't be ranked with weights, this is important information to have. And of course, now we are able to base weights off real bosses. And if you do use SimC, you'll want to look at the reforge plots, not the stat scaling results.

Also, shadowcraft is an incredible tool. They are still fixing a few things up for outlaw, but I believe Sub is in really good shape. A couple of super smart people manage that project.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

mr.robot tells me the same too, about the fortune strike trait, i did get 3/3 today so it might actualy be becuse of that.
    a fellow outlaw rogue was confused to he did sim test it too then he got that haste was best for him, but mr.robot says mastery