Do have to keep in mind that even though Hunwick isn't one of our top guys, we were playing with 5 defensemen for almost the entire game. Marincin really didn't look great that game. I believe Anderson will look great here if we remember to play defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Help! We're getting McDavid'd! Flames look like shit, not surprising at all. Sounds like they had an especially shitty training camp with Gaudreau's contract situation and Monahan's injury combined with a new coach trying to instill his system. Too many shitty PTO guys that had no chance of making the team just to fill spots. Can't win em all I suppose. Hopefully this improves on Friday, back to back losses to a rival are depressing.
    Yeah that was rough. I mean on the plus side, we scored 4 goals lol. That's a pretty good amount compared to last year's average.

Elliott looked a bit behind the game, a lot behind the game. idk if it was the 45 minute ceremony cooling him off, the first period everything was just off and never really recovered. Grossman was a liability, first 2 goals were entirely Grossman fuck ups (one blatant give away in the slot and then a shit pass that hit a body). I have no idea why they signed him over keeping someone like Spoony or Kulak up in the big team, thank fuck he's cheap.

Tkachuk was a bit of a nobody tonight, hopefully the home opener energizes that kid. Brouwer, awesome as expected. The Triple Michael line did well all night I thought. Versteeg with Johnny/Monny wasn't bad, but fucking hit the fucking net.

Refereeing had some issues. McDavid shouldn't have had the penalty shot there, Elliott had the scoring chance covered with the poke check and the "hook" from Wideman was pretty soft. Meanwhile shit like this goes completely unchecked, but hey it's the ref's first game too.

Also, holy shit Matthews and simultaneously lol Toronto. 4 fucking goals, still lose in OT. They need more than just Matthews to score goals, jesus.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2016-10-13 at 05:37 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Yeah that was rough. I mean on the plus side, we scored 4 goals lol. That's a pretty good amount compared to last year's average.

Elliott looked a bit behind the game, a lot behind the game. idk if it was the 45 minute ceremony cooling him off, the first period everything was just off and never really recovered. Grossman was a liability, first 2 goals were entirely Grossman fuck ups (one blatant give away in the slot and then a shit pass that hit a body). I have no idea why they signed him over keeping someone like Spoony or Kulak up in the big team, thank fuck he's cheap.

Tkachuk was a bit of a nobody tonight, hopefully the home opener energizes that kid. Brouwer, awesome as expected. The Triple Michael line did well all night I thought. Versteeg with Johnny/Monny wasn't bad, but fucking hit the fucking net.

Refereeing had some issues. McDavid shouldn't have had the penalty shot there, Elliott had the scoring chance covered with the poke check and the "hook" from Wideman was pretty soft. Meanwhile shit like this goes completely unchecked, but hey it's the ref's first game too.

Also, holy shit Matthews and simultaneously lol Toronto. 4 fucking goals, still lose in OT. They need more than just Matthews to score goals, jesus.
    Most of the rest of the team looked pretty invisible to be honest.

I wonder how long before Toronto decides to tank for the #1 pick again?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Watching Pens/Caps now, why wasn't this game played last night? When was the last time the defending champ didn't play opening night? Did they have something going on in the arena last night?

Well we get started tonight, guess we find out if we can live up to the hype. Please for the love of God Rinne, don't suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick got hurt, not the end of the world, maybe everything will be OK.
    Kings recall Peter Budaj, fuckfuckfuckfuck game over man.

Yeah that injury to Quick doesn't look good at all D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Quick got hurt, not the end of the world, maybe everything will be OK.
    Kings recall Peter Budaj, fuckfuckfuckfuck game over man.
    He will do fine until quick gets better. Just make sure not to start him in playoff games. Better off just shooting yourself.

Well Pekka started rough but looked pretty good by the third. Subban, Josi, Fisher all with PP goals. Chicago's PK is down right bad right now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We fucking suck.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Agreed. Just like last year.
    Worse, team looks awful and had a really disjointed training camp and it's showing. Monahan and Gaudreau not being present with a new coach really fucked things up I think. I don't wanna give up hope because that's a silly thing to do after 2 games but I don't have high expectations for this season. I doubt we make the playoffs because there is not enough depth to the middle of the lineup in my opinion. The bottom 3 defenseman are always gonna be horrendous for us too. Widedawg is gonna do Widedawg things but hopefully he isn't as much of a tire fire as he was tonight. Givin' my team a D- through 2 games.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends where your record is 12 games in. If you are 8-4 or better. Then there is a good chance your going to be fighting for a playoff spot. If you are 4-8, that's a larger gap to try and bridge. Benchmarks in hockey are 12, 20 and 40 games. After 12, you see which teams are most likely going to struggle. After 20 you see where people are going to be standings wise. After 40 is sets a playoff picture (this is also where you see some teams get their shit together and go on a magnificent run).

Buffalo's season is done already. One game in and they are done. Same goes for Columbus as well. Holy shit do they not look pleased to play for Torts at all.

I mean we have to see some form of regression in some of the perennial playoff teams. This is also the first season if we get good luck at seeing if paying players 9+ mill is a good idea for a team.

We fucking suck.
    I'm saving condemnation until after tonight. We've only played the Oilers thus far haha.

Either we are completely shit, or Edmonton is suddenly the team they all hoped they'd be lol, who knows?!

Giving up too many goddamn breakaways and oddman rushes though. Striking me as a systems learning curve issue, D men missing their marks and assignments etc.

If we can escape October .500 or higher it won't be the end of the world yet lol.

Losing tonight will really fuckin suck though.

Also...

Marner gets his first goal today.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good bounce back game for Andersen

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good bounce back game for Andersen
    It's only Boston, tbh. I don't see them making the playoffs, if they do they will be the 8th seed and get knocked out in the first round. They are a far cry from the threat they were 3 or 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's only Boston, tbh. I don't see them making the playoffs, if they do they will be the 8th seed and get knocked out in the first round. They are a far cry from the threat they were 3 or 4 years ago.
    Anderson was great last year for Anaheim; I'm far from worried about him.
    Love that we controlled the puck for the majority of both games for the most part, long time since I've seen that.
    The PP needs to be changed up already when we're 0/11 or whatever.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Anderson was great last year for Anaheim; I'm far from worried about him.
    Love that we controlled the puck for the majority of both games for the most part, long time since I've seen that.
    The PP needs to be changed up already when we're 0/11 or whatever.
    Two games isn't really indicative of how good or bad the Leafs will be.

So that happened lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Shit piss fuck!
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2016-10-16 at 03:45 AM.