Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    id like to see the numbers for token sales for cash vs bought for gold. i feel like more people could be taking this route to just buy stuff rather than farm, yet the token prices seem to have not moved much even going from the end of the 14 months of HFC to now. I really thought they would spike in one direction or the other.
    yep i was hoping it would hit 50k so i could buy some with $$ for gold. I'm up to about 350k on my main .. i hate the AH so i don't play the AH "game"... and farming is annoying without flying.. much quicker for me to earn 20.00 IRL than farm for gold.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I think 7.1 will address this with the BOS vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    If your raid leaders says you should and you don't do what he is saying there is bigger problem then farming mats for what ever consumables.
    You should always be ready to Pot even if you think it is a waste well mate sorry but it isn't.
    You progress with each % u take of the boss's hp if pots at start put you over the breaking point of seeing the new phase you should be doing that when its demanded.

Your leader tells you to jump you jump or you fuck off and don't waste other peoples time and complain that its pointless.

Aka either do it or don't but don't use that you are lazy as an excuse that "what does it matter if i pot boss wont die anyway" .
    Now you're just going completely off topic because you fail at reading comprehension.

Mythic EN is already done for my guild and I promise you that as a guild we used less pots than you and your guild will spend, even though your guild knows all the tactics from the start.

Not because we cleared it in less pulls either, but because our raid leader isn't a moron and knows when and when not to demand consumables.

I farm quite a bit but my gold is slowly getting drained. Occasionally I will mass produce potions of old war and sell just enough to break even plus keep whatever left for raid.

Current raid requirements are indeed FAR to grindy.

I am grinding herbs for ~ 8 hours a week just to supply flasks / pots to friends and myself. It is crazy how time expensive pots and flasks are.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    Now you're just going completely off topic because you fail at reading comprehension.

Mythic EN is already done for my guild and I promise you that as a guild we used less pots than you and your guild will spend, even though your guild knows all the tactics from the start.

Not because we cleared it in less pulls either, but because our raid leader isn't a moron and knows when and when not to demand consumables.
    My point exactly.
    Your raid leader is smart most ppls raid leaders are not.
    Last edited by Ebalina; 2016-10-13 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    I think that there are a few things which are contributing to the ridiculous state of consumables right now:

-Potions taking a ridiculously amount of herbs to produce only one. The currently amount of mats per pot should make 5 per craft, straight up, with the ability to proc more at rank 3. This would fix 90% of the problems right now.
    -Flasks should be 2 hours for all players and 4 hours for alchs with the profession. It was this way, in fact, all the way up to Cata I think...which went down to an hour because of the perk and cauldrons being a thing.
    -Speaking of cauldrons, they need to be reasonable to craft. Right now they are a complete zero-benefit and in some cases a loss. Why they were changed to not provide conjured flasks like they did in Cata, I'll never know. Even with Rank 3 having the ability to create multiple cauldrons they aren't worth doing at the moment.
    -Rank 3 in both herb and alch needs to have a solid path of progression and not be completely reliant on RNG. The fact they give such massive bonuses and reduce farming time required by major amounts means that anyone without access to those bonuses is basically stuck doing double the tedious grinding. Everyone who wants rank 3 Starlight Rose or Potion of the Old War should have a solid path to progress to get there other than luck.
    -Augment runes. As a UHDK, strength is my highest stat gain by a country mile so simply not using an augment rune on each Mythic pull is just flat out not an option. Give us a reusable one again. Make it 100k gold and require exalted with all factions if you have to. Right now they are ridiculous and there is nowhere near enough reliable sources to get them other than grinding our LFR on multiple alts and checking the LFG queue for tank/healer CTA. If you are a class that can ONLY dps, the latter isn't even an option.

Blizzard has the ability to step in and fix all of this at any time. They already have shown they can and will with the way early BC raids worked. I think once enough people get fed up with these systems and threaten to quit, they will unfuck this whole quagmire.
    i agree 100%, you are spot on

Don't really feel the same struggle you do, i log on to my herbing alt for about 2 hours a week farm up on him, send it to my main, and do whatever i want. i have the binding enchants, neck enchant, best food, its not really that bad. you are either doing something horribly wrong, or not getting any help at all from your guild, which is also wrong.
    This is BS. Farming for 2 hours might maybe cover your pots OR flasks (not both) for 1 single raid, unless you are farming at 4AM and getting all the nodes for yourself.

Farming enough herbs to cover pots, flasks, 375 food and vantus runes for a reset, takes like a full 12hour day of farming if you are going to do it all yourself.

Reallllllly looking forward to the Blood fo Sargeras vendor in 7.1...
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2016-10-13 at 07:38 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i'd rather people quit than a garrison give them everything on a silver platter.
    WOD despite all it's drawbacks had some of the best raid encounters in history of WoW. Legion's one raid so far has been very poor. I follow the Mythic race very closely and the ease with which EN-Mythic was cleared compared to Highmaul or BRF or HFC is retarded. Mythic Imperator, Blackhand and Archi took way longer to beat than Mythic Xavius. And from talking to some of the raiders in those top guilds, they say neither M Cenarius or Xavius is even as hard as Mythic Gorefiend.

So, it looks like in their bid to improve non-encounter content, Blizzard completely compromised on encounter design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    WOD despite all it's drawbacks had some of the best raid encounters in history of WoW. Legion's one raid so far has been very poor. I follow the Mythic race very closely and the ease with which EN-Mythic was cleared compared to Highmaul or BRF or HFC is retarded. Mythic Imperator, Blackhand and Archi took way longer to beat than Mythic Xavius. And from talking to some of the raiders in those top guilds, they say neither M Cenarius or Xavius is even as hard as Mythic Gorefiend.

So, it looks like in their bid to improve non-encounter content, Blizzard completely compromised on encounter design.
    did those top guilds have legendaries and mythic+ to farm the shit out of in WoD? i think they might be saying differently otherwise, still this is a first tier, and apart from mar'gok highmaul was a breeze just the top guilds were suffocating for loot compared to legion where they could farm mythic+ to their hearts desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    My point exactly.
    Your raid leader is smart most ppls raid leaders are not.
    You hit the nail on the head. Most raiders can't pick and choose "ideal guild", ideal guilds don't exist, you often end up with something you don't like but you have to tolerate, raid leaders yelling at people, officers favouritizing themselves, and other stuff where "use pots every pull" seems like a minor problem in comparison. It is not though when they cost as many herbs as they do in this expansion.

I'm trying to convince my raid leader to not use augment runes unless really necessary, we're 2 mythic atm. I'm explaining, they're not farmable, your average dps guy can get maybe 5 per week from lfr, on my server they cost upwards to 1k gold per. I think I might have convinced him, however I know a friend that is progressing on ilgynoth mythic and is asked to rune every pull no matter what, and when he said he has no money the raid leader told him "just organize some mythic+ boosts" so generally fuck off that's your problem bro. Not even mentioning that guild made millions of gold from selling archi mounts but hoards it all "for the guildbank" and gives people very little out of it (an amount of guild repairs that doesn't even cover full wipe night). But what can he do? All other guilds on the server either didn't have a spot for his class or are worse progress wise.

There are way too many raid leaders with attitude "if it exists, use it" and generally wannabe tryhards.

Also there's another side of it, for example my raid leader said we won't use pots and runes until we're close to the kill (even though often he calls to start using it after a good try and then everyone goes herp derp mode back to stupid wiping for some reason), but we had at least 2-3 people protesting why aren't we using pots and runes all the time, those are the people who are mediocre at their class but sit on millions and want to "impress" by such a "hardcore" attitude.

There is no unified voice on the matter and that's something people forget. My guild has both "raid loggers" who work a lot and don't have much time to farm and "nolifers" who farm mythic+, satchels, lfr, herbs etc. all day and show zero understanding not everyone has as much spare time as them. Hard to please both sides. And telling people who work to spend 60 eu per month on tokens just to keep up with consummables is ridiculous on its own. You know something is wrong when you have to spend 3 times as much as your monthly sub just to be able to enjoy the game. And yes, if you buy everything from the AH: pots, flasks, runes, enchants, you're looking at such level of expenses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    No way you can gather 1k foxflower (the worst plant to gather) in 3h at peak time (like 7pm when you are back from work), not even with the best luck strike from realm hopping
    The fact that you call foxflower the worst herb to pick tells me everything i need to know on the subject of why you have no gold.

Fyi : 1125 foxflower in 2h is my best(850 was my lowest in 2h,everything else was around 1k flowers). I only farm 2h because the dismount buff lasts 2h,it's sort of a principle....after 2h, herbing stops being fun.

Just because you don't know how to find something,it dosen't make that thing rare....just makes you poorly informed

It is just the beggining of the expansion prices will go down specially after 7.1

Deleted
    Different guilds, different set-ups but it is right that there's no perfect solution.

During the tail end of WoD I convinced my raid team the best thing we could do was sell some mythic archi mounts and use that as a Legion fund.

All repairs, pots, flasks, buff food, gems, enchants, vantus runes and augment runes have been on the guild bank. In addition to useful pieces of gear we've been able to purchase people.

We're about 6m gold in so far, and its starting to reach a point of self-sustenance just from contributions from guild members again with exception of things like augment runes. However, the guild can't just be as open with the bank as WoD as there isn't enough to let people take augment runes by the stack, or flasks by the stack etc. So we have to decide when in raids we feel the right time is and take 5 minutes out to distribute it all. So even with a guild providing it all, there are drawbacks there too.

Best thing we did do this expansion though was scheduling once a week seed planting sessions for around 15 of us. Takes about 20-30 minutes, just a big herbing ball of bodies around the tree in the Runewood. Enough herbs for another weeks worth of raiding taken care of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of you must be in fairly shit raid teams and/or with incompetent management, because my team is about halfway through Mythic and i barely use 40-50 pots a week.

Your raidleaders should not be calling for pots on progress unless you're nearing a kill. On Heroic/farm they are largely utterly unnecessary.
    Flasks are very easy to stack up on once you reach a rank 3 recipe, and flasks/pots are actually cheaper than the herbs on many realms because alchemists are trying to reach rank 3 and burn through mats for it.

Gold missions are back to 2k, sometimes multiple per day, it's a bit RNG but i'm easily making 10-15k a week with a bit of luck just from missions atm.

Also...it kind of boggles the mind how people can be so broke after WoD. Even if you just had 1 character and no alt with a level 3 garrison, you should be swimming in gold. I made millions and millions over the course of WoD with garrisons.

Finally - welcome back to effort tied to Mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Worstenemy View Post
    The fact that you call foxflower the worst herb to pick tells me everything i need to know on the subject of why you have no gold.
    Thanks my progress is done and I'll soon be selling carry to you : >

Deleted
    Your progress is my business.

;..;

Todays raider is spoiled. You're no longer supposed to go in and prepot+pot from pull 1. It's pointless unless you're "nearing a kill" or practised the fight a couple of times.

I have been raiding every expansion (except panda) and I have to say, the out of raid time commitment in Legion seems to be the highest its ever been. However its not just because of consumables, which are rough but not that bad on their own. It's a combination of...

1. Consumable/gold farming
    2. Emissary Quests
    3. AP World Quests
    4. Gear world quests, good secondaries with hopes of titanforging
    5. Mythic+ grinding for AP and gear (again, titanforging)
    6. Weekly +10 run which frankly takes a while in addition to #5 above
    7. RNGlegendary Farm/prayer sessions

And a BIG one we haven't totally seen come in to play yet, but will be a huge burden once it does....

8. Clearing all raids on all difficulties for AP, legendary chance and titan forge chance. Especially night hold and chance of tier gear titanforge.

I gave up on my alt awful fast, there is so much you have to do every week to stay competitive its bordering on ridiculous.
    Last edited by Pokeypenguin; 2016-10-17 at 02:45 PM.