Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Sounds like 99.9% of mmo-champ
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...ober-12/#post1

"The Spear of Rethu polearm now scales properly from character level 1 to 100, now properly appears in the heirloom list, and is now correctly a 2-handed weapon."

LMFAO.

This was noted since fucking ALPHA that it was a 1-handed polearm, there was multiple threads about it throughout alpha and beta, and it took until after it went live for them to fix it?

How does this happen?
    Because Blizzard has a list of 10000 issues coming out of beta and they are scored 1-10 (or somehow prioritized) and they tackle the 10s before the 9s before the 8s, etc. This is a 1 or a 2 because it doesn't impact end-game, thus balance really is not problematic.

The fact is that they have X number of hours and each problem takes Y number of hours to fix. Ever piss away the day by dealing with petty things? Ever get to the end of the day and think "damn, what did I do today?" That's because you're dealing with petty 1s and 2s and they eat up your time.

Same with development. There are a million problems and you can only address 500k of them, so you do the big ones first and get to the petty shit later. This is petty shit and I'm glad they didn't waste time fixing it for launch. By and large, the Legion launch was smooth, at least relative to the past expansions, and most classes are relatively balanced. They've done some good work balancing classes after launch too.

"The Spear of Rethu polearm now scales properly from character level 1 to 100, now properly appears in the heirloom list, and is now correctly a 2-handed weapon."

LMFAO.

This was noted since fucking ALPHA that it was a 1-handed polearm, there was multiple threads about it throughout alpha and beta, and it took until after it went live for them to fix it?

How does this happen?
    I wish I knew about it sooner, that was really fun playing ret at level 45

LMFAO.

How does this happen?
    Because it didn't matter, like literally at all, which is why it was appropriately placed WAY down the priority list. Have you ever worked on a development team for anything before? Not even just programming. Doesn't seem like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah. After 9 months in alpha/beta. Go ahead and defend them more though becuase you dont have a fucking clue what you're even talking about
    You're fucking autistic.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-10-13 at 04:51 PM.

Deleted
    logged in on the level 1 alt i made with it, and it's now red/"not working" in mainhand. i guess i will have to unequip shield to make it work again :P

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No, you see specific feedback not getting the attention you feel it should, while ignoring what does get changed because of it.
    Some things do get missed, some things are low priority, and some things are less simple changes than we like to believe.
    There can be a variety of reasons why a given issue is resolved later than others.
    Listening to feedback should be high priority, though.

I'm not a Warcraft developer, but I worked programming webs and a lot of Java stuff that worked with DBs, and changing one item from 1h to 2h shouldn't be too hard. The fact they ignored the feedback for months is something that seems a lot more accurate than them not fixing something 'cause is low priority.

I thought that was a feature, not a bug. I'm super bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, I'm actually curious to know how the heck that happened.

Like from a coding standpoint. Somebody forget to flip the 2h value to false? Or is there an entire 1h Polearm weapon class sitting around somewhere from pre-vanilla?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Because it didn't matter, like literally at all, which is why it was appropriately placed WAY down the priority list. Have you ever worked on a development team for anything before? Not even just programming. Doesn't seem like it.

- - - Updated - - -

You're fucking autistic.

INFRACTION
    The amount of crap in this thread, including what this poster quoted, that gets away scot-free, while this post gets infracted, shows just how screwed up things are around here.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah. After 9 months in alpha/beta. Go ahead and defend them more though becuase you dont have a fucking clue what you're even talking about
    Since you seem to know more than the devs on how to prioritize their workflow, I'm sure they have your resume on their desks, and you've applied for a job at Blizzard in Q&A to show them how wrong they're doing it? Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes. it was suppose to be a 1 handed polearm...
    like all those 1 handed staves
    2 handed wands
    1 handed guns, bows, crossbows
    2 handed daggers
    2 handed offhands
    2 handed shields

aww yeah man...

no it was odviously something off their radar that they were too busy doing other things to notice, or be able to spend the time on
    Hey man... don't tease. I'd love to have 1h guns.

Cut hunters range in half, double the haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Listening to feedback should be high priority, though.

I'm not a Warcraft developer, but I worked programming webs and a lot of Java stuff that worked with DBs, and changing one item from 1h to 2h shouldn't be too hard. The fact they ignored the feedback for months is something that seems a lot more accurate than them not fixing something 'cause is low priority.
    'Ignored". How do you know it never made it to a list from feedback?

So many assumptions, based on conjecture and ignorance. Yep, it's MMOC.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ive allways wished we had a class use litterally just used a shield for their tank spec, like braum from league of legends, was thinking the blood death knight would have that, like cover its shield in blood, bone, and ice
    But covering the shield in blood would melt the ice. And the bone would probably fall off of the shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Not gonna lie, I'm actually curious to know how the heck that happened.

Like from a coding standpoint. Somebody forget to flip the 2h value to false? Or is there an entire 1h Polearm weapon class sitting around somewhere from pre-vanilla?

The same way my boss and I, after having worked at a company and with it's products for 8 years, managed to publish a brochure miss-spelling one of the products. We both looked at it hundreds of times, and never saw it. Shit happens. We're human. When you consider the thousands of moving parts of an expansion, on piece of gear being bungled, out of hundreds, if not thousands is pretty good batting average. Hell, the dev working on it could have slight dyslexia, for a particular combo of letters or numbers, and this one lance had it. It could be a million things. Maybe he used an old one hand lance design they never used as a template, and didn't change all the fields.

if you want 100% accuracy, the game industry is not for you. You'd be better off going to work for a book publisher as an editor. Oh, wait, they miss stuff, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    The amount of crap in this thread, including what this poster quoted, that gets away scot-free, while this post gets infracted, shows just how screwed up things are around here.
    Moderation on this site has been a joke for years. If you need any evidence feel free to look at every Jaylock shitposting thread ever where mods willingly fall for the bait and reply to his obvious trolling.

For what it's worth, the eaglehorn spear off the BoA vendor was 1handed at first and was changed to 2handed in beta. Probably just an oversight lol
    Besides, who really cares about archaeology BoA gear, really?

Deleted
    What a massive shame, this item was great fun for us roleplayers who have been longing for more weapon flexibility for appearance and immersion sakes.

LMFAO.

How does this happen?
    ever since alpha Survival hunters have been considered ranged. its been reported multiple times, threads, bug reports, etc, etc.

they are still bugged.

for those that don't know, survival hunters have an acquisition range of 30 yards! when melee is supposed to be at 8yrds. -.-'

you can see this if you use click to move like people with disabilities do, the hunter will run up to 30 yards of the target ans stand still doing nothing. completely unplayable.

and yet they have done nothing to fix it.

This was reported early in the Legion alpha (not beta). Not sure how they missed this lol.