Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    that is the worst logic EVER. recently i have become a casual...catering to players is the business model, not to just your bullshit. since casuals make up a very large if not dominant demographic in this game, it behooves them to pay attention to them. also, show me where i asked for free gear. your comprehension about this matter is terrible. try again.
    Warcraft used to have layers of players, were casuals could progress and feel rewarded by investing time, this game went downhill in that topic, thats one of the points thats makes a true rpg, now most of the casual comunity wants to log, spend 1-2 hours and feel greatly rewarded, soo i ask you what do you want, what blizzard needs to do to please the casual comunity? flying? faster reputation gain? bound AK?

I can feel the burnout coming. This is about the same time I unsubbed from WoD as well.
    I got alot more enjoyment out of this expansion though in one month (in a "new Diablo 3 season" kind of way)

I think Legion has a lot of great features, but there are certain things I'm not appreciating a whole lot. There should be a way to target specific legendaries as some are ridiculously good while others are complete garbage. There are more bugs than I'm used to dealing with, and a lot of the RNG just doesn't feel fair. Professions can be a nightmare if you're unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrestrasz View Post
    Warcraft used to have layers of players, were casuals could progress and feel rewarded by investing time, this game went downhill in that topic, thats one of the points thats makes a true rpg, now most of the casual comunity wants to log, spend 1-2 hours and feel greatly rewarded, soo i ask you what do you want, what blizzard needs to do to please the casual comunity? flying? faster reputation gain? bound AK?
    you totally didnt get the point, but ok. no one is asking for free shit. period. the point is alt leniency and not gating so much material. making people raid for profs? complete BS rep grinds for dungeons? this has never been way and i dont like the changes its simple

I don't want to say "I told you so", but, well...
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    Flask and pot mats are the worst thing about this expansion (by extension herbing).

Best thing? Making dungeons relevent again.

Already unsubbed. I don't like the new gear system at all, it is way too RNG, and on top of that I don't enjoy playing my spec very much anymore after the changes in legion.

Kind of bored already. Just logging in to do mission tables/WQ/Artifact Knowledge. Will probably level the rest of my alts slowly and go back into WoD mode of just farming mounts/transmog in old content.

Better than Vanilla for sure.

Good points here. I assumed (and maybe wrongfully) that blizzard wanted the philosophy of "being the player and not the class" by what they said in blue posts. This expansion is 180 from that however. There is so much you NEED to do on your main only to get to what? It feels somewhat hollow after ages of world quests and story lines. Like I said earlier, I've read decent things about 7.1 so I'll fully reserve my opinion until that time.
    Nope, you mean "BRING the player not the class". It means game/classes are balanced to the point where player's skill makes greater difference than class itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm really bored with it, but I'm still excited to see what's to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to say the RNG can be quite a pain and I really wish that they shaved a bit from how much it takes to finish your artifact. It feels like a lot longer before your char is "complete" and you can leave them for alts without feeling like you're wasting chances on your main(s).

Time on my account ran out last night. One last run on my rogue for the other glaive and I'm done.

I may come back when flying is actually added, but to be honest... how everything has been handled this expansion with AP grind, gating, RNG, and the legendary debacle... I don't really feel the excitement anymore.

And if I don't come back and level my alts... I'm not likely to come back in the next expansion.

Legion is just not WoW anymore for me.

My only complaints aren't what I'd call major, but more minor annoyances for me personally. Those would be the only guaranteed way to get "better" PVP gear is to PVE or do organized PVP. That seems really, really, really backwards from what I was expected way back when (I knew it wasn't going to be that way pre-launch, but when Legion PVP was first talked up, I thought they were removing gear as a PVP factor entirely, not "sort of", and yes, I know it's less important, but it still matters. It absolutely matters. They didn't go far enough. Not at all.) and mythic dungeons, the base mythics, not being in LFD. I could understand them not being on there at launch, perhaps (Personally, I think only The Arcway wouldn't have worked with LFD at launch, but I'm probably being overly optimistic), but at this point, and in the future of the expansion, they sure as hell better add them. Almost no one is going to be doing the base ones later, and it's really, really going to be hard as a newly geared character to get them done, to the point that exerting the effort isn't going to be worth the trouble. It's already like that, sort of, with the way world quests and whatnot work. That's another problem I have right now: Overgearing most things is WAY too easy. It's very easy even for a somewhat-casual player to overgear the need to touch 1) a base mythic dungeon 2) Heroic dungeons 3) LFR 4) and even normal EN.

The raid part of that will mostly fix itself when more raids with higher ilvl loot (it could be fixed as soon as 7.1, but it will definitely be fixed as soon as NH LFR is out, even if they keep the 845 loot) are introduced, but right now, it's a very real problem that isn't being talked about enough because, really, only the hardcore are really pushing raids and talking about them, and the low tier players aren't bothering.

Still, I sound like I'm really digging into those things, but I'm not. That's only minor issues to me, and with my playstyle, I can't expect, like... the world. But it'd sure be nice if some QOL changes were made to some of those things so they're viable longterm. Otherwise, shit's going to be rapidly left in the dust.

Deleted
    wanted to make a long post of pros and cons, but then I realized I didn't put much on the pro side of things. I don't think LEGION is bad, but mythics+ is definitively the best thing about it and then there is the reason we all love to play, which is the same it has been since we started playing WoW. The people we play with.

That being said it is always good to listen to beautiful music.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Time on my account ran out last night. One last run on my rogue for the other glaive and I'm done.

I may come back when flying is actually added, but to be honest... how everything has been handled this expansion with AP grind, gating, RNG, and the legendary debacle... I don't really feel the excitement anymore.

And if I don't come back and level my alts... I'm not likely to come back in the next expansion.

Legion is just not WoW anymore for me.
    It is clear Legion is designed to pull in Diablo 3 fans. But it is chasing away long time WoW players or players that didn't like D3.

Hard work should be a bit more rewarded and RNG slightly less so. I would have liked to see getting exalted in the reps give some better gear, maybe like high ilvl trinkets with unique effects or something. Maybe unique enchants like sons of hodir back in the day. It's nice to have something to work towards that you can know for sure you're going to get guaranteed. Too much luck based stuff atm.

I somewhat resent feeling 'compelled' to do the 4 world quests a day. I think world quests by themselves are great, the 4 quest 4 chest thing... not so much. World quests should just be like "oh hey I'll go to highmountain thats a cool reward." or "hmm my garrison resources are a bit low I'll guess I'll go do that quest in aszuna". Should just be casual, pick n choose content that you do when you got nothing else going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenion View Post
    Nope, you mean "BRING the player not the class". It means game/classes are balanced to the point where player's skill makes greater difference than class itself.
    That's a bold assumption. What do you have to back this claim up?

7+ Year Old Account
    Good expansion but RNG and legendarys system is so fucked up.

That's a bold assumption. What do you have to back this claim up?
    Uhhh... there are plenty of examples. Remember when only Shamans had Bloodlust? Remember when only Horde had access to it? What's the situation with Bloodlust now? Thought so.