Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Yeah, I mean, at least he should be happy that they're minor stereotypes/archetypes :P Blind master martial artist asian, badass soldier black guy.
    Since when is "badass soldier" a "black stereotype" ?

Also Whitaker's character is Saw Garrera from clone wars :

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Star wars rebels.
    You dont really see it in Rebels either.
    The Imperials are still saturday cartoon mooks.
    Of course that is a given, it is a cartoon after all.

Clone Wars showed a bit more grit but that was because there were many jedi characters and there were a lot of good guy mooks to die and show the strength of the enemy.
    Since Rebels follows the adventures of a team exclusively comprised of protagonists that is unlikely to happen.
    Last edited by Romano; 2016-08-15 at 11:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    What I want to see is a competent Imperial force in this movie.
    They are very competent, they are only weak two times in the orginal trilogy. First in the death star, but then is the plane to let the rebels to escape. Then we have the fiasco at Endor, but you cant have stormtroper massacring man-eating cute teddy bears.

Once again, people seems to have missed that from the get go that in Star Wars, the racist/speciist) a-holes are the ones who get their superweapons blown up repeatedly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    Since when is "badass soldier" a "black stereotype" ?

Also Whitaker's character is Saw Garrera from clone wars :

- - - Updated - - -

You dont really see it in Rebels either.
    The Imperials are still saturday cartoon mooks.
    Of course that is a given, it is a cartoon after all.

Clone Wars showed a bit more grit but that was because there were many jedi characters and there were a lot of good guy mooks to die and show the strength of the enemy.
    Since Rebels follows the adventures of a team exclusively comprised of protagonists that is unlikely to happen.

Guerera was personally trained as an insurgent by Darth Vader too.

Deleted
    New Trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI

I'm calling it now:
    Forest Whitaker = Darth Maul (in disguise)

some of that scenery looks amazing
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    I've spaffed everywhere.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That 2nd trailer looks a lot better. They have some LUSH looking scenery in this film and....HOLY SHIT MADS MIKKILSON

I don't like the idea of Maul being alive and actually becoming Snoke. He's not a great villain tbh, I like the Plagueis theory more. I doubt we'll get any hints though from this backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    I don't like the idea of Maul being alive and actually becoming Snoke. He's not a great villain tbh, I like the Plagueis theory more. I doubt we'll get any hints though from this backstory.
    Snoke had his design finalised just 2 months before the release of the Force Awakens.
    I doubt they would pull that

Deleted
    New poster, looks pretty good

Man this new trailer. I hope the movie is as good as its trailer hahah. I wasent even this hyped for force awaken. AT-AT and AT-ST in a movie. Vader kicking some butts. Just need a good space battle with star destroyers. I really dig Felicity Jones as well. This has the potential to be my second favorite star wars movie after Empire strikes back, all the elements are there. Its just a matter of how well they are done.

The Empire was always almost comically incompetent, except in TIE Fighter (the game) and in Zahn books. Then again, you have to remember that the laws of the(ir) universe does not work in favor of a competent military : every strategic or tactical problem can be neatly solved by a dude with mind powers charging ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    New poster, looks pretty good

Pretty sure this is just Snow White and the seven dwarves.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trailer looked gorgeous, but still not feeling it. At 1:30 of the trailer it feels like they're building her up so that she is the main thing keeping their little group going later in the movie. I don't really like that. It isn't what happened in other Star Wars films. It works in a good many of other movies but I just don't feel it in this one. You never hear Luke or Obi Wan or Anakin or Leia give speeches to rally the troops. The Rebellion knew what they had to do. Why do it here? To empower her? Seeing her big, good looking, head on that poster kind of hints at it a good bit too.

Please forgive my ignorance. So the officer in a white grand admiral uniform, is not Thrawn? Looks like Vader is giving him a beat down at the end, so I would hate for the writers to reduce Thrawn to that level.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

No, it's not Thrawn as far as we know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance. So the officer in a white grand admiral uniform, is not Thrawn? Looks like Vader is giving him a beat down at the end, so I would hate for the writers to reduce Thrawn to that level.
    No, this is not Thrawn, and he's not a Grand Admiral either. His name is Director Orson Krennic. He's wearing the uniform of the Imperial Security Bureau.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    No, this is not Thrawn, and he's not a Grand Admiral either. His name is Director Orson Krennic. He's wearing the uniform of the Imperial Security Bureau.
    Is it not Tarkin? Oh well.
    Last edited by vastx; 2016-10-13 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance. So the officer in a white grand admiral uniform, is not Thrawn?
    It's a guy named Director Krennic I believe.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Orson_Krennic

so I would hate for the writers to reduce Thrawn to that level.
    Thrawn is not human. He's Chiss. Blue skin, red eyes.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Thrawn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    Is it not Tarkin? Oh well.
    No. Different uniform and division than the Admirals.

No, Thrawn is a Chiss.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle