10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Why did they close the forums, by the way? I hadn't been visiting them for almost a year, and was surprised to find them closed a few weeks ago.
    https://forum.bioware.com/topic/5749...ng-our-forums/

The announcement and reasoning is still up, but they'll completely purge the boards by October 25th.

TL;DR, bioware devs are no longer reading their own forums, and thus they see no reason to keep them around with other communities like reddit and tumblr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post

The announcement and reasoning is still up, but they'll completely purge the boards by October 25th.

TL;DR, bioware devs are no longer reading their own forums, and thus they see no reason to keep them around with other communities like reddit and tumblr.
    I saw this, but it didn't convince we... The reason seemed pretty weak. Is there more to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Why not invite 4chan as well so they can kill it even harder?

10+ Year Old Account

It's not surprising, a lot of companies have been moving away from direct communication with their customers.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    It's not surprising, a lot of companies have been moving away from direct communication with their customers.
    Well it's no wonder when looking at the average customer on the internet.

The bioware forums are SJW cancer anyway. Glad to see they're shutting them down.

I recall my post being hidden for pointing out men are raped more in the US than women in some 'muh oppression' thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The bioware forums are SJW cancer anyway. Glad to see they're shutting them down.

I recall my post being hidden for pointing out men are raped more in the US than women in some 'muh oppression' thread.
    Judging by your posts on this website, I can think of more reasons on why it was hidden.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging by your posts on this website, I can think of more reasons on why it was hidden.
    Like just getting tired of seeing that one guy.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Aren't you the fanboy that claimed Inquisition was in the same league as Witcher 3?

I mean, I wanted to argue, but remembering that... yeah no, not touching this with a 5 foot silver sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Aren't you the fanboy that claimed Inquisition was in the same league as Witcher 3?

I mean, I wanted to argue, but remembering that... yeah no, not touching this with a 5 foot silver sword.
    See... And you wonder why your posts get hidden in a more decent community!

Sorry for off-topic, dear mods! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    See... And you wonder why your posts get hidden in a more decent community!

Sorry for off-topic, dear mods! <3
    Better to just ignore people. You save yourself the mental trouble and let them get frustrated.

That being said, I am looking forward to the new story. I've only played Inquisition in its entirety once. It feels daunting to start a new game knowing everything that needs to be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    That being said, I am looking forward to the new story. I've only played Inquisition in its entirety once. It feels daunting to start a new game knowing everything that needs to be done.
    Yes, that's one of my gripes with open world games: there is always so much to do in them, that after one time it feels like a burden to do all this again... Is there any information on how much time Andromeda walkthrough would approximately take?

Better to just ignore people. You save yourself the mental trouble and let them get frustrated.

oh lordie, no kidding. though my biggest gripe is I STILL have no idea which side quests I can safely ignore and which of them I need in order to unlock personal quests for companions. I would have loved to replay it with couple more characters, but in that time investment I can finish several other games, so... (which incidentally I feel no desire to do with witcher games, because unlike inquisitor who is a blank slate, I cannot play Geralt as anything other then what I I feel like adheres closest to his book personality, and that I can do in a single playthrough)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    oh lordie, no kidding. though my biggest gripe is I STILL have no idea which side quests I can safely ignore and which of them I need in order to unlock personal quests for companions. I would have loved to replay it with couple more characters, but in that time investment I can finish several other games, so... (which incidentally I feel no desire to do with witcher games, because unlike inquisitor who is a blank slate, I cannot play Geralt as anything other then what I I feel like adheres closest to his book personality, and that I can do in a single playthrough)
    Almost everything needs to be done in order to get a complete game story wise. The Witcher is another thing. I've played them all once and I can't play it again.
    @May90

I would be under the assumption that it would be at least 60 hours. But we will know more in under a month. November 7th isn't that far away.

Almost everything needs to be done in order to get a complete game story wise. The Witcher is another thing. I've played them all once and I can't play it again.
    @May90

I would be under the assumption that it would be at least 60 hours. But we will know more in under a month. November 7th isn't that far away.
    I'm fairly sure that there are a few side quests in each area that can be safely skipped as they don't change much other then giving you power and/or agent for inquisition and such, but there are so many side quests that are essential in order to open areas that.. yeah :/

honestly, I'm hoping that they don't go to much into the open world territory with Andromeda. I'd rather game is 20-30 hours and I can replay it in different ways with different characters, vs 300 hours and by the time I'm done, the thought of another character actualy makes me shudder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm fairly sure that there are a few side quests in each area that can be safely skipped as they don't change much other then giving you power and/or agent for inquisition and such, but there are so many side quests that are essential in order to open areas that.. yeah :/

honestly, I'm hoping that they don't go to much into the open world territory with Andromeda. I'd rather game is 20-30 hours and I can replay it in different ways with different characters, vs 300 hours and by the time I'm done, the thought of another character actualy makes me shudder.
    You are probably going to hate the game then. I remember reading a thing a few months back quoting one of the devs along the lines of "ME: Andromeda's size is staggering..."

From all the teasers so far it seems HIGHLY likely that free roaming exploration will be a focal point of the game, both in space finding planets and on the ground of those planets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think it should be much larger. DAI completionist playthrough with no DLCs took me over 130 hours, and, from what I've heard, MEA might very well be bigger still.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think it should be much larger. DAI completionist playthrough with no DLCs took me over 130 hours, and, from what I've heard, MEA might very well be bigger still.
    Might be, I mean look at how much No Mans Sky can handle. I wonder how big planets will be. Will there be a Nodacrux 2.0? The Montreal team has been working on it for 4 years. That's a long time of game development. Inquisition took 2/3 years to make. All this makes me wonder how KotOR 3 would have turned out if it was made with technology now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be, I mean look at how much No Mans Sky can handle. I wonder how big planets will be. Will there be a Nodacrux 2.0? The Montreal team has been working on it for 4 years. That's a long time of game development. Inquisition took 2/3 years to make. All this makes me wonder how KotOR 3 would have turned out if it was made with technology now.
    From what I understand, they want to have large zones, but ones filled with something to explore, not like Nodacrux with several points of interest and long empty landscapes. I really hope though they employ a model closer to Witcher 3 than DAI. Mass Effect games simply have to be story-focused, there is no other way.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    You are probably going to hate the game then. I remember reading a thing a few months back quoting one of the devs along the lines of "ME: Andromeda's size is staggering..."

From all the teasers so far it seems HIGHLY likely that free roaming exploration will be a focal point of the game, both in space finding planets and on the ground of those planets.
    well... that won't make me hate it... but its highly likely that this will encourage me to wait for game+all DLC edition sale of some sort and while I wait, catch up on other games and plan the kind of playthrough I want to be my one and only. (I made a mistake of not planning it out so well with DAI and well.. basically I wish I had imported a different worldstate :/ as silly as it sounds, choosing between happiness of my favorite warden and one of fave DAO characters, or life of my favorite Hawke was... not fun :/)

I honestly don't know what's with this return to enormously long (and enormously padded) games nowadays :/