Accuracy of stat weights for unholy

I am pretty new to simcraft and was wondering about my stat weights so I ran a sim for the first time. The weights came out as
    ( Strength=12.20, CritRating=8.07, HasteRating=7.39, MasteryRating=7.83, Versatility=7.99, Dps=9.24 )

Has anyone had similar single target results for a castigator build? Does it seem possible that versatility could be ranked similar to the other stats?
    I am currently at 38% crit, 19% haste, 36% mastery, and 4% versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollbooth1116 View Post
    I am pretty new to simcraft and was wondering about my stat weights so I ran a sim for the first time. The weights came out as
    ( Strength=12.20, CritRating=8.07, HasteRating=7.39, MasteryRating=7.83, Versatility=7.99, Dps=9.24 )

Has anyone had similar single target results for a castigator build? Does it seem possible that versatility could be ranked similar to the other stats?
    I am currently at 38% crit, 19% haste, 36% mastery, and 4% versatility.
    I actually just tried it out myself and ended up with this ranking:

Str > Wdps ~= Crit > Haste > Vers > Mastery

Which kind of surprised me as well. I mean Crit and Haste were definitely the priority, and close to one another, but seeing versatility ahead of mastery through me.

I ran my sims (UH DK / Castigator), and was coming up with:

Str > Crit > Mastery ~= Vers > Haste

Unbufffed stats are currently (ilvl 852-ish):
    Crit: 35%
    Haste: 15%
    Mastery: 33%
    Versatility: 4%

Now Pawn wants me to get completely out of haste, which just confuses the hell out of me... Shouldn't versatility be terrible? And I'd prefer to get my haste back up to 20%, as the spec plays much smoother that way.

Thoughts on why SimC thinks Versatility should be so much better than, well, basically any guide out there?

yeah but what are the weights you guys are getting? If vers is better than haste for you all how much better is it?

and provide your current stats for a frame of reference.

I will do that tonight... but unfortunately no access to my home computer, so can't get them at the moment.

I was still shocked to see versatility even in the same ballpark as mastery, and the complete devaluing of haste.

Does the UH sim actually work for you guys? I have found it to be an utter pile of shit for at least a month. Shows my character doing 140k in Patchwerk, which is ridiculously low compared to actual results, and has me "Waiting" for 60% of the fight when in actuality I spend most of the time GCD capped. The default action list is completely fucked. I don't see how any stat weights can be useful at all.
    Sim works fine for other characters, so it's not a problem with general settings.

I've also had simcraft tell me haste is worth less than mastery/versatility or equal when over 15% haste with castigator. I dismissed it since we aren't as perfect as a simulator, and more haste would give more room for error. I don't know whats right and whats wrong, though...

I think when running cast (specifically with high crit) the value of haste goes down because you are generating extra stacks more often, not sure why it would really change that much though...

When I looked at SimC for frost it seemed to have some oddities as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Once again the rule of thumb

Castigator = crit 30% haste 20% then everything else.
    Bracers= UF haste>mastery>crit

As the other dozens of threads like this say TF and sockets change everything so no two Sims or DKs will be the same at all till a tier raid is out, which is in 2017
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

your stat weights will change based on the what talents you take. but for my character crit=haste>vers>mastery. I dont find it all that surprising that mastery is so low. I mean it scales horribly and very little of our skills actually scale with mastery. And as I have gotten more gear hast and crit will swap places. The importance of each is dependent on how much of one or the other you have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    I actually just tried it out myself and ended up with this ranking:

Str > Wdps ~= Crit > Haste > Vers > Mastery

Which kind of surprised me as well. I mean Crit and Haste were definitely the priority, and close to one another, but seeing versatility ahead of mastery through me.
    Depends on your build. If you run talents that boost your shadow damage like Bursting Sores, mastery generally will be better. If you run All Will serve, Vers will be better.