Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    Mythic dungeons should be realm only. The rest invites just toxic shit and makes all complains about bringing premade void.
    That would be fucking horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerathyl View Post
    As a DPS I've also noticed that it's harder to find groups. There's so many 4 player groups looking for tank last spot.
    I think there's a tank shortage because Blizzard has butchered monk and DK tanking to the point that these players (myself included) would rather play their dps spec than a really squishy tank, even if that gives them trouble finding groups.
    In the past I've tanked a lot, in raids and also CM gold runs. But with legion Blood DK mechanics I'm just not feeling it.
    While Brewmaster and Blood need some work (esp Brew) it has more to do with the extreme learning curve for tanks in these runs. It's a lot of responsibility, research and practice that most people don't want to deal with. Healers have the hardest overall job for sure but that upstart as a tank is very intimidating. Make any mistakes, overestimate your group, underestimate your group, etc, you're going to get royally bitched out in a PUG.
    Last edited by Snackwiches; 2016-10-14 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Sadly it is the life of a DPS nowadays. We cant use the good ole "Make your own group" rhetoric they love to spout on these forums either, i tried that yesterday and gave up after 2 hours or no tank or healer joining.

This is simply what happens when blizzard makes offspecs and alts tediously difficult to do.
    Ton of DPS, hell of a lot fewer Tanks and Healers.

Not a fault of Blizzards... people just like numbers, being DPS whores and all that. When you're being declined, it's not just YOU but a ton of other DPS also signing up...

7+ Year Old Account
    Alternatively, don't do mythics.

My endgame on my mage ( and only 110 until flight is unlocked):

get Broken Isles Pathfinder part 1 ( and 2 when its out)

do a random heroic every day and all available sections of lfr every week

do the emissary quest every day

do other world quests with rewards I want

max out all profs

log to an alt and level them to 100, then parked

Pros: I never ever have to worry about my place in a guild's hierarchy, I play on my own schedule, and I never have to hear some screaming rager in vent

I did the guild raiding thing from naxx10 through Heroic FL.

Never again.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2016-10-14 at 01:02 AM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Alternatively, don't do mythics.

My endgame on my mage ( and only 110 until flight is unlocked):

get Broken Isles Pathfinder part 1 ( and 2 when its out)

do a random heroic every day and all available sections of lfr every week

do the emissary quest every day

do other world quests with rewards I want

log to an alt and level them to 100, then parked
    Mythic+ is fun as hell, though. If I wanted to play toothless casual fare, I'd pick a game that better supported it. Probably an offline game but there's a few OK MMOs for casual play as well.

FFXIV is the MMO I think I'd stick with if I wanted to go casual, I think. The end game there is a fucking disaster but the side content, campaigns and crafting are all pretty wonderful.
    Last edited by Snackwiches; 2016-10-14 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Came across like a bit of an ass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    Mythic+ is fun as hell, though. If I wanted to play toothless casual shit, I'd play an offline game with production values, better mechanics and polish instead.
    My apologies if my lack of interest in wiping dozens of times to get a boss down offends you. Been there, done that. No interest anymore.

I'm just in it for "story mode" now.

Just caught your edit: no hard feelings. I tried FF, couldn't point out what exactly it was, but I didn't feel the motivation to continue.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2016-10-14 at 01:07 AM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    My apologies if my lack of interest in wiping dozens of times to get a boss down offends you. Been there, done that. No interest anymore.

I'm just in it for "story mode" now.

Just caught your edit: no hard feelings. I tried FF, couldn't point out what exactly it was, but I didn't feel the motivation to continue.
    Each to their own, some people want the challenge, others want the story and there is nothing wrong with either.

The stuff you listed in your post before is the stuff I hate doing, to me and probably a lot of others WQ’s, farming, profs etc.. are just things you need to do in order to have the best character you can have for raiding.

Prior to Legion I pretty much did the chores I needed to do for raid and then log to go play a different game or do something else outside of raid nights (this went for a lot of guildies too).

Mythic + has finally given people who want to do it the opportunity to always have challenging content available and get some really good gear without making it a charity, a lot of us in my guild including myself are now 870+ and I feel like we’ve been rewarded for the effort we’ve put in outside of raids.

I think a lot of the problem which this thread goes through is everyone thinks they should be able to do the content and the reality is there is nothing stopping them they just need to put in the effort to make friends and do the runs needed to get gear. If you are likeable people will take you to their groups, the guys in my guild who have probably done the most Mythic+ runs are DPS.

It also isn’t a wipe fest if you have a good group and do a level you are geared/skilled for, the problem for PUG groups is you don’t know how good the player actually is and if they actually put some effort into understanding what the boss mechanics are. I know as a healer I get frustrated with PUG’s and will only PUG groups that are +6 or less or I am with a tank that I know is good.
    Last edited by RestoChango; 2016-10-14 at 01:56 AM.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't understand why so many people are anti-guild these days. Guilds are just meant to be a collective of people with similar motivations, it's not a leash around your neck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Start your own group, you don't want to be invited to those groups anyway.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

This is why wow needs random group finders for dungeons and raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Or you could just start your own and not be an invite nazi.
    [/url]

Not really...what it needs is well balanced classes for both single target and AOE damage. When looking for groups on my ret pally I can go through 25-30 apps easy before I get a group while on my rogue that has a lower i-lvl I get invited within 5-10 apps pretty much every time.

The concept of mythic+ is great but the fact that it's timed means people will rank the classes and only invite what's perceived to be at the top and especially for AOE as trash is the time saver. So either we need almost perfect balance or Blizzard needs to rethink the whole timed aspect.

Putting something with a weekly lockout behind a random group finder sounds like a recipe for disaster.

They already have it for LFR and Heroics, I assume Blizz thinks Mythic is too hard to put behind a random group finder.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Or start your own and be an invite nazi, I respect the hustle of people who start a group and then demand an ilvl that they aren't even themselves..

This argument falls flat as it's all about the keys and unless you want to do boost runs starting a group requires a key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    This argument falls flat as it's all about the keys and unless you want to do boost runs starting a group requires a key.
    Time to find server-side like minded individuals instead of trying to rely on the general wow population, they're a bunch of fucks.

It's not THAT hard to find people with 3 digit IQs who are also not 100% elitists.
    [/url]

Time to find server-side like minded individuals instead of trying to rely on the general wow population, they're a bunch of fucks.

It's not THAT hard to find people with 3 digit IQs who are also not 100% elitists.
    That's the thing though, I already have a guild and it's detrimental to the game that I'd have to go get more people just to fill my time for random groups. Lack of balance and or the timer is the core problem here.

I create a group for plain mythic and i can decline 10+ dps all at 850+ ilvl in the 1st 30 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Does this seem like the average to you?
    No, quite the opposite in fact. I see plenty of 4 man guild groups offering Mythic carries in exchange for using your lower level keystone, so the can basically farm 3 chests instead of just 1 on their higher level keystones. That's pretty much the way I've done them since the keystones were introduced and haven't had much of a complaint about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Join a guild.
    Make new friends.
    ^ Mythics aren't for the LFD/LFR crowd, sorry. If you aren't the kind to make friends, Legion's end-game content isn't really for you unless you enjoy spamming WQs.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am disgusted by all the comments like:

Join a guild.
    Make new friends.
    Make your own group.

These should NOT be requirements to enjoy and fully play the game. Brainless leaders make groups and ask for insane ilvl, that is the only problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I am disgusted by all the comments like:

Join a guild.
    Make new friends.
    Make your own group.

These should NOT be requirements to enjoy and fully play the game.
    You do know what the second "M" in MMO stands for, right?