Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The highest I've spent is on my current car - $4100. Unless I become super rich in the future, the most I'd pay is $20,000. Cars are just a money sink, and I try to be fiscally responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddysmind View Post
    10k normally, but after getting smashed in the back side by a hipster from California (on icy roads, normal here) I panic bought a brand new car, won't do that ever again. Always, always buy a gentle used car.
    My dream car is a VW R32 but I can't find one in my price range lol.
    yeah most of my dream cars are way above my price range

Spent 30k ish on a Mazda CX-9. Placed a 10k deposit on it. We just paid it off too. Woo! That no more car payment smell!

We try not to spend over 30k in general for our vehicles. We got what we needed. Our other car is a little Toyota Yaris we bought back in 2007. Still runs like champ. Paid 14k for it. Great gas mileage. Hubby drives it to work (30 min commute each way). We are looking into trading it in possibly within the next year. As of right now, it's really nice having no car payments. =P

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Roughly $40k if I wanted a good one. Often times, I dip around $25k whenever I get a new one. I'm not big into buying an expensive car off the lot, though. I'd be much more interested in finding an old car from the 70s/80s and working on it over time, instead.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

i've spent 45k... i'd be willing to go well sky's the limit if my income would allow it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Six hunnit and fiddy dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Six hunnit and fiddy dollars
    what can you buy with 650???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Roughly $40k if I wanted a good one. Often times, I dip around $25k whenever I get a new one. I'm not big into buying an expensive car off the lot, though. I'd be much more interested in finding an old car from the 70s/80s and working on it over time, instead.
    yeah lots of nice cars from the 70s and 80s

Quote Originally Posted by nicoleivy5 View Post
    how about if you inherited millions. would that still be the limit?
    I won't inherit that much under any circumstance, but I don't think I'd spend more than that on a car. Maybe I would if my partner insisted, but I honestly don't like the concept of expensive cars.
    Last edited by Dsonsion; 2016-10-14 at 04:38 AM.

Bought new one not too long ago. Looked at cars between $24k and $44k. Settled on a $32k one with the options i wanted. However i only put on like 6k-9k miles/yr so they last for a long time and i get a fair bit back on trade. Have been happy with it since.

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Bought new one not too long ago. Looked at cars between $24k and $44k. Settled on a $32k one with the options i wanted. However i only put on like 6k-9k miles/yr so they last for a long time and i get a fair bit back on trade. Have been happy with it since.
    nice! 6k miles / year is nothing compared to what most people drive

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't spend more than a years salary, although I haven't spent that much so far. My current car is a Range Rover SV Auto Biography, which cost (my husband ) around £160 k. He didn't like the idea of me taking the children to school in my old Nissan Prairie. The Range Rover is a lovely car, but I don't think I would have paid that much myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE 2ND MILLENIUM... The car market has been taken over by GW.

Expect them to kill off the current car line up, and reboot them with less feature and overall boring designs.
    I've always wondered how advanced the cars in the warhammer40k world are.

Probably as much as the most expensive tesla. I'm really not into cars. I like Lamborghinis and all but it's way too much money for a car I can never really use to it's full potential. I don't really need gaudy flash, just sleek tech efficiency.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Probably as much as the most expensive tesla. I'm really not into cars. I like Lamborghinis and all but it's way too much money for a car I can never really use to it's full potential. I don't really need gaudy flash, just sleek tech efficiency.
    yeah you cant really drive Lambos fast without endangering others and breaking the spreed limits. its just to show off to everyone how rich you are

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I've always wondered how advanced the cars in the warhammer40k world are.
    i also wonder that too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    tesla are nice cars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muddysmind View Post
    10k normally, but after getting smashed in the back side by a hipster from California (on icy roads, normal here) I panic bought a brand new car, won't do that ever again. Always, always buy a gentle used car.
    My dream car is a VW R32 but I can't find one in my price range lol.
    serious brah! i love that car too

unlimited budget? no more then $200k, but honestly, probably more like 70k tops. I'm really not into high end cars, i just want something that is as stupidly easy to drive (and can be maintained by our preferred mechanic) as humanly possible. right now? 10k tops. and that's including all the extra fees (you know taxes, title, etc), so really more like 8k on the tag. and by right now I mean early next year when we are planning to actualy buy a second car. in theory, we can afford to pay slightly more. in practice, I would rather minimize financing and pay off the mortgage faster. cars significantly lose their value the moment you drive them off the lot, and keep losing it as you keep driving. for me - its method of transportation and not much else, so I really don't want to throw a lot of money at it.

Ideally, not more than 30k canadian. But, inflation, poor dollar and I probably need some SUV at some point in my life, so I'll bump it to 40k since by the time I get there, I'll have to pay for the damned driverless car AI.

10+ Year Old Account
    $20,000 if I had a lot of spare money is probably my limit. My current car is half that. I don't really care much about cars though, as long as they get me where I'm going reliably and are comfortable and have space to carry stuff that's all that really concerns me. Super cars just seem pointless, but then again I'm sure there's a lot of stuff I nerd out over that a lot of car people see as pointless. To each their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    for me it's $20,000. if money was no object probably a porsche of some kind. i love porsches.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

around enough for the newer affordable Tesla model, $35,000
    its sensible, and i might also get some cash back from the government for buying an eco-friendly car.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    $20,000 if I had a lot of spare money is probably my limit. My current car is half that. I don't really care much about cars though, as long as they get me where I'm going reliably and are comfortable and have space to carry stuff that's all that really concerns me. Super cars just seem pointless, but then again I'm sure there's a lot of stuff I nerd out over that a lot of car people see as pointless. To each their own.
    I wouldnt say pointless but yeah i agree cars are just to transport/carry stuff etc