Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    No they'll always come up with some new big bad space drama villain bullshit that needs to be redeemed 4 expansions down the road, and if that doesn't work out they'll just throw in some retarded shit like pandaria 2: the Dookering.

For fuck's sake WoW has so much political intrigue in its backstory that's 10x more interesting than this endless old god/legion bullshit which should have ended with Warcraft 3, or BC at most, instead they just keep pushing this fucking super heroes vs super villains envelope.
    ...The Legion has been a big part of WoW since Warcraft III. Old Gods so(Back as TFT anyways). There's nothing bad in either theme. Political intrigue can only go so far. Besides MoP had the faction vs faction thing and well I don't think we need that for a long while.

OT: If Kul'tiras doesn't appear in Legion(same with Zandalar Isle) then there's a bit more land to explore. There's also the fact the Naga haven't had a big involvement since Vash'ir as well.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2016-10-13 at 11:39 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    -still got old gods
    -still got the voids and new crazy stuff
    -we end up making are own powerful weapons. Just cause we wield the strongest ones rn, doesn't mean there are stronger/will touch the void

Maybe WoW will end with azeroth being blown up.

This would require a whole new world. Enter: WoW 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Which worries me because frankly what the eff is supposed to come after Frostmournes remains and the bloody Ashbringer?
    Well don't think of it as both of them, think lore wise your character (let's say pally) is the centre of the story, it's your story, your destiny, your sword which is what your going to have to use, not yours and 24 other characters. Basically the wow universe resolves around you, no one else so to speak

Quote Originally Posted by aziras View Post
    My Demon hunter alt commands an inter-dimensional spaceship!

That said, there is still a LOT of unwritten lore in between that spot in history and the one where the humans from Terra wins the war in their galaxy and explores enough others to find the one with the planet Azeroth in it!

And after that, alternate timelines!
    Humans are just weak vrykul reject descendant. There is a questline on this in northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Flabberly View Post
    Well, Pandaria isn't exactly new lore, more like expanding on existing one. Pandas have been a thing since Warcraft III, were they not? Chen was there, if I remember correctly.
    We had Chen and we had references to "Pandaria".

Other than that, we had nothing.

MoP is mostly new lore because it introduced the Mogu, the Mantid, the Sha, the Hozen, the Jinyu, the Saurok, every zone in Pandaria along with the culture and history of its various peoples, the August Celestials and more Zandalari back story.

By your statement everything they do is expanding on existing lore, because that's how new lore gets made. The Void Lords, for example, are expanded Old God/Shadow lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Some classes are wearing artifact items of immense power that were used by Sargeras himself, as well as those who defeated his avatar/wounded him.
    I just don't see how there can be any other weapons known in existance that are more powerful.
    There are definitely a couple more expansions left in WoW, we still have to deal with the thing that actually made Sargeras go mad, but lorewise, we're wearing the most powerful weapons ever created and there's not much lore left.
    Remember when the legendary Unstoppable Force was stopped by an xpak's green weapon? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Humans are just weak vrykul reject descendant. There is a questline on this in northrend.
    More like evolved >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    They're running out of big-bads for us to challenge. The last ones that remain are the most powerful and/or most dangerous.
    The big-bads will have kids for us to fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    How will 'lore' end, as long as there is story to tell, that is WoW's lore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope they exhaust WoW's lore within the next 2 expansions. Make a Warcraft IV that takes place a few hundred years after WoW, build some fresh new lore with new races and new threats. I have a feeling they're making a Diablo MMO to fill the void that WoW leaves so they can do other shit with Warcraft's lore besides what WoW offers.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

in the year 21993

wow will have its 142239 expansion

garrosh will be back, but hell be merged with voidgeras megaspirit avatar from azeroth-33

now we, the champions of the void-light from azeroth prime will need to stop him

before he destroys ALL OF THE UNIVERSES

They've reached the point of no return. I feel like there's no going back to pandas or some silly time traveling BS after this. Legion, with the story it covers, the army of light, the hints of the void lords, etc, marks the beginning of the end. I expect 2, maybe 3 more expacs after this, all dealing with core story stuff feeding right into the end of the ultimate story of warcraft. After that's done, they could go back to something benign, sure, but as far as the main warcraft story as it has been built since its inception, it will be over.

Blizzard is smart enough to not drag the main story out too ridiculously long. After wrath they got all the "side" stories out of the way so they can focus on the final trilogy that starts with legion.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I suggest you take a look at the chronicle. Blizzard is way ahead of you.

They aren't going to run out of lore, though. Their only limit is imagination.
    I know, but I meant bigger than that.

Before the Warcraft III retcon there was no such thing as Titans or the Legion or Old Gods or Night Elves or Kalimdor or Draenei, Sargeras was just a random demon, and Orcs were just invading warmongers with necromantic and demonic magics who liked killing and conquering things.

Something of THAT scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well if we defeat the legion... again... That takes sargeras out of the picture. There's still Queen Azshara to be a full blown enemy as well as a couple old gods hanging around that need to be squished.

ANd if we don't defeat sargeras at the end of legion, it means we'll have a THIRD legion-based expansion at somepoint in the future. Legion demons are really getting played out at that point though...
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Well if we defeat the legion... again... That takes sargeras out of the picture. There's still Queen Azshara to be a full blown enemy as well as a couple old gods hanging around that need to be squished.

ANd if we don't defeat sargeras at the end of legion, it means we'll have a THIRD legion-based expansion at somepoint in the future. Legion demons are really getting played out at that point though...
    a couple of old gods?

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    a couple of old gods?
    Yeah, N'zoth plus whatever other Old Gods get thrown at us. There are potentially limitless numbers of old gods in the universe beyond azeroth, created by the void lords who could also be an enemy.

The sentient weapon shadow priests use even has a line of dialog that says "The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight." Presumably the god of the deep being N'zoth and the fallen titan being Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Yeah, N'zoth plus whatever other Old Gods get thrown at us. There are potentially limitless numbers of old gods in the universe beyond azeroth, created by the void lords who could also be an enemy.

The sentient weapon shadow priests use even has a line of dialog that says "The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight." Presumably the god of the deep being N'zoth and the fallen titan being Sargeras.
    Yer, so just N'zoth really.
    There are potentially limitless oldgods since there are potentially limitless other planets, and i guess the possability a brand new one gets thrown at Azeroth from Void Space, but since we dont know of any at all, they arent a threat, at least not one we know about.
    So I wouldnt put that in the same basket of 'things we need to kill/worry about' as the known threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Yer, so just N'zoth really.
    There are potentially limitless oldgods since there are potentially limitless other planets, and i guess the possability a brand new one gets thrown at Azeroth from Void Space, but since we dont know of any at all, they arent a threat, at least not one we know about.
    So I wouldnt put that in the same basket of 'things we need to kill/worry about' as the known threats.
    Void lords are a known threat and they created the existing old gods. Sending more isn't out of the question or realm of possibility.

I would guess next expansion deals with queen azshara and n'zoth as villains, wrapping up all of that. Beyond that, could lead into Void Lord territory since they are essentially "the darkness" in the whole light vs dark thing. And they're already commenting heavily on the army of the light jazz here in legion. The legion isn't the real darkness, the void lords are and they are much worse. They are the ones responsible for sargeras's corruption and turning against the pantheon in an exact mirror of the old god corruption of death wing and his turn against the other aspects.

Would be pretty funny if Sargeras ended up being a planet instead of a "person", given how they are retconning and changing titan lore here lately.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well going to Argus and all the goings-on there, followed by facing the Void Lords. Those in theory have to be the next 2 logical expansions and lore progression (although there's nothing to stop a wod-style filler side-expansion along the way, for example something naga/undersea). So that's at least probably 5-6 more years and Legion has been popular enough of a revival to probably support that. If the current lore were a book it would certainly be ~75-80% done.

After the Void Lords and with Metzen and now Chilton moving on, who knows what direction it will take. The options after the Void Lords would seem to be:

- There could be yet another larger unknown enemy after the Void Lords (probably the easiest and most likely option).
    - They could just do a full reset on the lore and go to a new wow 2.0 universe/lore line, and probably a new game engine.
    - (Although probably very unlikely after wod) A prequel storyline a'la Star Wars Eps 1-3.