Thread: Timewalking Fun

Timewalking Fun

I realize Timewalking is just for fun and min/max is a bit silly, but that is one of the things that makes WoW fun. I have a "pimped out" set from TW'ing in WoD and now that we can do it again in Legion I was wondering if people have found any new/old items that are "mis-balanced".

Obviously we are going to use the Artifact weapon instead of Sha-Touched weapons but some stuff like Blademaster Trinket was nerfed hard and isn't BiS anymore. There have to be some trinkets out there that too strong and ultra fun to use instead.

I believe the Legendary ring from WoD is ultra nerfed, but the epic version is still strong. I have not tested the legendary meta gem from MoP but the cloak still kicks butt.

People have any favorite items they are using? How about BM vs MM. MM Barrage and SW->MS burst mechanics are wonderful for spread out packs but BM scales better with AP and the TW sets work because of the ultra high Agility from gems.

Yeah it is dumb, but still fun.

Deleted
    Just get the full class hall set for the +500 agi and 2000stat proc and the Fishbrul special food and you'll decimate everything you touch

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashid View Post
    Just get the full class hall set for the +500 agi and 2000stat proc and the Fishbrul special food and you'll decimate everything you touch
    This is the best use of the Class Hall tier set that I have heard of. Thumbs up good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashid View Post
    is it broken like the priest? holy artifact passive thingy that copy spells and kills stuff in timewalking and shadow tentacle trait that kills stuff aswell.

7+ Year Old Account
    I did it today as a Holy priest.
    It was kinda sad. I picked up the 6pc/8pc class set,, and of course had my artifact.
    I have two really old school proc rings I run, as well as winward heart (h) and the Kazzak stats SPEED/Leech trinkets. And Heartsick Menders cape, with a JC slot on it from Wrath.
    It is sad that we can't use the old tier sets and my Val'nyr had to sit in the bank.

TW was never really "hard" or tuned nearly like the originals were, but at least the princess Dalrissa and Arc could sometimes hold a challenge, kinda...
    Tonight we just steamrolled over them. IMO TW needs to be re-tuned just like the old dungeons were (offer normal and heroic)
    and let us use the old tier sets and maybe talents.... making the drops BOA would be cool too, would help gearing alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take into account that your BiS set from WoD might not be ideal any more since they deactivated all pre-WoD set bonuses. It's pretty much all about having a bunch of gem slots and ideal stat distribution now.

Does the proc from the order hall set actually stay unchanged from level 110, or is it scaled down and just really strong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Take into account that your BiS set from WoD might not be ideal any more since they deactivated all pre-WoD set bonuses. It's pretty much all about having a bunch of gem slots and ideal stat distribution now.

Does the proc from the order hall set actually stay unchanged from level 110, or is it scaled down and just really strong?
    It stays the same, my monk has 150% crit with the proc up. The fishbrul special food hits for 10k per hit, 53k in total

Quote Originally Posted by bouchbagfett View Post
    I realize Timewalking is just for fun and min/max is a bit silly, but that is one of the things that makes WoW fun. I have a "pimped out" set from TW'ing in WoD and now that we can do it again in Legion I was wondering if people have found any new/old items that are "mis-balanced".

Obviously we are going to use the Artifact weapon instead of Sha-Touched weapons but some stuff like Blademaster Trinket was nerfed hard and isn't BiS anymore. There have to be some trinkets out there that too strong and ultra fun to use instead.

I believe the Legendary ring from WoD is ultra nerfed, but the epic version is still strong. I have not tested the legendary meta gem from MoP but the cloak still kicks butt.

People have any favorite items they are using? How about BM vs MM. MM Barrage and SW->MS burst mechanics are wonderful for spread out packs but BM scales better with AP and the TW sets work because of the ultra high Agility from gems.

Yeah it is dumb, but still fun.
    Pretty much the same as it was before. The leg ring always scaled badly so the epic was best, tier is often still better due to gem slots but more gems takes priority now over set pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

My set of TW Gear:
    Head with legendary slot (pandarian)
    Legendary cloak (pandarian)
    4 pieces of t18 in every other slot (instant aimed is a win on movement heave timewalks)
    epic (not legendary) ring fron draenor (which procs for ap or agi, don remember exactly)
    reputation ring from ICC with proc
    trinket with stats from HFC (crit mastery) + any other agi/mastery trink, agi trink from spine of deathwing is an alternative
    haste/mastery neck from legion with Satyr enchant
    also old belt with socket, old bracers (with chant)

Quote Originally Posted by Daerron View Post
    My set of TW Gear:
    Head with legendary slot (pandarian)
    Legendary cloak (pandarian)
    4 pieces of t18 in every other slot (instant aimed is a win on movement heave timewalks)
    epic (not legendary) ring fron draenor (which procs for ap or agi, don remember exactly)
    reputation ring from ICC with proc
    trinket with stats from HFC (crit mastery) + any other agi/mastery trink, agi trink from spine of deathwing is an alternative
    haste/mastery neck from legion with Satyr enchant
    also old belt with socket, old bracers (with chant)
    Gem slots beat set bonuses every day of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Gem slots beat set bonuses every day of the week.
    Not instant aimed when rushing through dungeon, proved by 10-15k dps on bosses =)