Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far my only gripe is his Bladestorm damage. If you open up with a crit on Chromie and then bladestorm, she dies without any level advantage. With a level advantage you can kill her in 1 bladestorm. I mean, 1 AA and and unstoppable bladestorm to kill someone with no escape is pretty fucked up. I think bladestorm should do quite a bit less damage, but do that damage faster. I don't know the actual damage number/time, but just as an example: Instead of doing 2000 damage over 8 seconds it should do something like 1200 damage over 4 seconds.

Or maybe they could do something like Malfurion's ult, where stuns and CC work but don't actually interrupt the bladestorm.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Honestly, he should simply not be Unstoppable. I don't get why people think that having an ability that cannot be countered no matter what hero you pick or do in-game is ok. Every powerful ability in HotS up until now has had a potential counter with the exception of Horrify. Why is Bladestorm so powerful and simply and literally Unstoppable while dealing a crapton of damage and with no diminishing returns? Samuro can already deliver a crapton of damage simply by auto-attacking. His ultimate having the Unstoppable feature just makes him a pick in competitive with which you simply can't go wrong, and that is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Honestly, he should simply not be Unstoppable. I don't get why people think that having an ability that cannot be countered no matter what hero you pick or do in-game is ok. Every powerful ability in HotS up until now has had a potential counter with the exception of Horrify. Why is Bladestorm so powerful and simply and literally Unstoppable while dealing a crapton of damage and with no diminishing returns? Samuro can already deliver a crapton of damage simply by auto-attacking. His ultimate having the Unstoppable feature just makes him a pick in competitive with which you simply can't go wrong, and that is terrible.
    That's very early to say. Theres a post on reddit that actually points out a lot of his counters, but I'll sum it up here for you:

-All his damage outside of bladestorm is AA damage. So he is fully countered by blinds, as well as attack speed slows.
    -His windwalk can be revealed by so many different abilities, moonfire, tracer rounds, oracle, flare, clairvoyance
    -Zero sustain, and he is squishy.

Due to this, his actions can be anticipated easily at pro level, and he cannot reliably land his burst combo if the enemy team drafts counters. I short, he's a niche pick.

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    That's very early to say. Theres a post on reddit that actually points out a lot of his counters, but I'll sum it up here for you:

-All his damage outside of bladestorm is AA damage. So he is fully countered by blinds, as well as attack speed slows.
    -His windwalk can be revealed by so many different abilities, moonfire, tracer rounds, oracle, flare, clairvoyance
    -Zero sustain, and he is squishy.

Due to this, his actions can be anticipated easily at pro level, and he cannot reliably land his burst combo if the enemy team drafts counters. I short, he's a niche pick.
    Certainly not.
    A) Blinds aint much. We all tend to think that they are when we are out of game, but practically, they really are not much. Their duration is short, amounting to a max of 3 AAs. Add to that, Samuros partial immunity to Lilis blind because of him having 3 bodies. Lastly you force the enemy team to pick Lili, Joh or Auriel.
    B) Nothing crazy, really.
    C) Has not stoped graymane.

Stops enough of the newer ones
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Certainly not.
    A) Blinds aint much. We all tend to think that they are when we are out of game, but practically, they really are not much. Their duration is short, amounting to a max of 3 AAs. Add to that, Samuros partial immunity to Lilis blind because of him having 3 bodies. Lastly you force the enemy team to pick Lili, Joh or Auriel.
    B) Nothing crazy, really.
    A) Blinds stop all of his damage for that duration, unless he uses bladestorm - through which he can still be bursted down. In his case, his attacks are faster, so that's more than 3 AAs as well. Johanna and Auriel are good heroes, both which have CC and an aoe ult which also hamper him. Late game, Li li's blinds are very powerful if she goes KFH and Lingering blinds, but even that is not necessary. Add in attack speed slows then it all double dips.

B) Its a big deal for anticipating his positioning - which is very crucial for a squishy melee assassin. It's the reason why you dont see much of Nova in tourneys either.

C) Greymane has got a ranged option, which Samuro lacks. Samuro might have the better escape, but that's about it.

it seems he'll excel against a lot of hero's but there are clear counters for him.

Will revealing (true sight-ish) talents/abilities affect his mirror images?
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-10-15 at 09:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    it seems he'll excel against a lot of hero's but there are clear counters for him.

Will revealing (true sight-ish) talents/abilities affect his mirror images?
    Yes, They reveal him in the same way that they do for Nova clones. It shows which one is real. So Tassadar will be a pretty good counter, I expect to see a lot of him in QM on Tuesday.

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Yes, They reveal him in the same way that they do for Nova clones. It shows which one is real. So Tassadar will be a pretty good counter, I expect to see a lot of him in QM on Tuesday.
    Tracer also has revealing rounds for her first talent. dead useful as all she needs to do is shoot and switch targets to reveal all
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-10-16 at 07:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Tracer also has revealing rounds for her first talent. dead useful as all she needs to do is shoot and switch targets to reveal all
    That might be the first time I use that talent on tracer. Because it reveals for 4 seconds, I wounder if it will break Samuro's stealth after the 1 second reveal delay. Tracer might be a HUGE counter to Samuro.

Move along.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...uh_no_bladeuh/

With his release imminent, a helpful redditor posted this list of Samuro counters.

Disclaimer: I skimmed this post
    I am the lucid dream

Just also give us Grom Hellscream skin with voiceovers.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    So with Samuro coming out in October 10th, for PTR and then October 17th for live, this is going to be a good month for me.
    I'm confused, it's October 18th and I just checked in game and no Samuro :S

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I'm confused, it's October 18th and I just checked in game and no Samuro :S
    US gets him today, EU tomorrow.

I foresee a nerf incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

Yeap, called it before release :P

Nerf is predictable.

I've been playing him with a Mirror Image build (basically they increase my damage when they crit, also take the ultimate to control them so I can focus their fire) and then the Extra Damage when coming out of Wind Walk....and you can get some EXTREMELY crazy burst on him.

Windwalk up to someone Crit Strike them out of Windwalk, get your images up and focus them on the person...and they are dead. So far my hardest encounter was....another Samuro because you cant tell which image is him without a reveal XD
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Wow lol, I expected a strong release maybe 56-57%, but that's hilarious.
    I am the lucid dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Just also give us Grom Hellscream skin with voiceovers.
    He wasn't a Blademaster though...
    Hes a Warrior, and like his son after or before him....

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

People are poor sports...
    Finally get a good hero and they complain...
    For the Horde!

I've been waiting for a blademaster hero since this game was announced. I used to always play blademaster in WC3 user map setting games along with Linkin Park's "Nobody's Listening" as his soundtrack, the flute is perfect. So hyped that they kept pretty much all of his entire skill set.

I'm not gonna be let down am I?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.