Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Statue soothing mist is its own spell and doesnt scale of your soothing mist.
    I am not sure I understand what that means. The statue is supposed to heal for 50% of the Soothing Mist that I cast, which (with the change) should amount to 70% of SP per second.

So, if the description is true, the Statue should heal during a 5 min fight [70 * 60 * 5] = 21,000 SP for free which is not insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by CParker1987 View Post
    Umm... Promises is 14th BiS
    I'd be curious to see where you see 13 trinkets above 6203.67 points in Geodew's trinket ranking.. only
    Vial of Nightmare Fog mythic is above it.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    I am not sure I understand what that means. The statue is supposed to heal for 50% of the Soothing Mist that I cast, which (with the change) should amount to 70% of SP per second.

So, if the description is true, the Statue should heal during a 5 min fight [70 * 60 * 5] = 21,000 SP for free which is not insignificant.
    except our only decent spell is EF which doesn't generate soothing mist

I guess statue is good only if you're using mist wrap

So the legendary boots dropped for me last night. Do most people with the boots go RT/SotC? Any advice on people who have had it for a while on how to optimize its use?

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    except our only decent spell is EF which doesn't generate soothing mist

I guess statue is good only if you're using mist wrap
    Well the statue heals no matter what else you are doing. So the Statue will still be channeling as you are using EF. Basically, it will NEVER stop healing during a fight. So if you have a 5 min fight, it will literally heal for 70% SP per second the entire of 5 mins.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I'd be curious to see where you see 13 trinkets above 6203.67 points in Geodew's trinket ranking.. only
    You have to remember that unless you're playing the spammy RJW+EF build, you wouldn't be really spamming spells and should use the score for nominal downtime instead of low downtime, which lowers the score a bit iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Deleted
    Do we have any TLDR stats values for pawn addon?
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2016-10-13 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meradith View Post
    So the legendary boots dropped for me last night. Do most people with the boots go RT/SotC? Any advice on people who have had it for a while on how to optimize its use?
    I did that at the beginning of raid, noticed that fistweaving was not "within 5%" as everyone kept saying. (I couldnt reproduce it, sim it, or see any logs of it being that close)
    so we got a stat stick that got a small bonus in mythic+ where you wanna do some dps when you can basically.. but useless for raids.

That is my opinion atleast

Deleted
    Beware trinkets scale with your stats and may not be the same for everyone. Besides for DMC promise the typical downtime value should be used as a monk.

Deleted
    Got them first also, grats on the stat stick.

I do RT/SotC with boots. Other than trying to always use TFT on ReM there isn't much you need to change. Enveloping Mist will rarely line up with the proc so I don't recommend trying to use it more than usual. The interaction of RT+ReM+Dancing Mist+ Boots feels really good.

Here's an heroic Nythendra with it in action (rest of log is normals): warcraftlogs.com/reports/GY2CPybWnJVt7XDp#fight=3&type=healing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    Well the statue heals no matter what else you are doing. So the Statue will still be channeling as you are using EF. Basically, it will NEVER stop healing during a fight. So if you have a 5 min fight, it will literally heal for 70% SP per second the entire of 5 mins.
    Well. It lasts for 25 seconds, so if you don't cast any heal for 25 seconds that triggers Soothing Mist, the heal will stop.

Not that there are any fights where that happens.

Personally I'm glad soothing mist is getting some love. I do enjoy the Mist Wrap, Soothing + Statue build, specially when using the legendary shoulders.
    Hi

Deleted
    So soon I'm gonna start raiding with my new small guild (in normal to start), as probably either a MW or a BM Monk.
    While I've healed all the heroics and most of Mythic (not Mythic+ though) a question came when deciding what my role within the healing set up of the raid is.

At what kind of healing do MW excel?
    While I'm kinda experienced in the game I'm not entirely sure about it myself as I never healed with it in a raid environment (I'm not counting LFR as a raid envinroment)

Tank healing? I don't feel I've enough "oh-shit" button to cover that role well.

Blanketing and stabilizing people? maybe with Renewing Mist and spot healing? but I feel falling short especially if I compare it to a druid
    AoE Healing? We have a shammy that I feel is better at that.

Or simply just a bit of everything?

Help?

Deleted
    Darkmoon Deck: Promises, so whats the values on it at ilvl 850? Cant find any info on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    So soon I'm gonna start raiding with my new small guild (in normal to start), as probably either a MW or a BM Monk.
    While I've healed all the heroics and most of Mythic (not Mythic+ though) a question came when deciding what my role within the healing set up of the raid is.

While I'm kinda experienced in the game I'm not entirely sure about it myself as I never healed with it in a raid environment (I'm not counting LFR as a raid envinroment)

Tank healing? I don't feel I've enough "oh-shit" button to cover that role well.

Blanketing and stabilizing people? maybe with Renewing Mist and spot healing? but I feel falling short especially if I compare it to a druid

Help?
    Bit of everything. We lack true burst healing for 'oh shit' moments of tank healing. We lack the blanketing/chaining mechanics of druid/shaman for raid wide healing. But we have little overhealing, and very good throughput of numbers. Cocoon is proving to be quite the useful skill for certain mechanics (p2 cenarius).

We are a solid all round healer that can fit anywhere if really needed.

And can dish out semi decent damage in farm content

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post

Help?
    I've only been playing MW Monk since Legion, and after coming from Holy Priest from WOTLK onwards (and HPala in WoD), I feel as though the Monk is a a jack-of-all-trades, master of none.

I spent the first few weeks of progress on Norm and HC Emerald Nightmare as an all-rounder. Raid healing mostly with TFT ReM (Focused Thunder talent) and Vivify (Revival/Chi-Ji too, obviously). Then switching to Mana Tea and pumping out lots more Essence Font, but I didn't like the 1-dimensional spam healing of EF. Wasn't fun.

So, as our raid is comprised as myself, a Resto Shammy and Resto Druid, last night I decided to focus on tanks with Mist Wrap and Statue talented (from Crack Bird and Lifecycles). Enveloping Mist is very strong if kept on tanks. EnV with a ReM on top can bring the tank back up quicker than you think. Couple that with auto-healing statue and Life Cocoon, Monks seem like very effective tank healers. You can still throw out the occasional buffed Vivify when Uplifting Trance procs for some raid healing and use Mana Tea coupled with Essence Font for bringing the group back up if there is big AOE damage (Ursoc for example).

Life Cocoon is an absolute god send as a life-saving cooldown. This is your 'oh-shit' button (especially when you take the artifact trait that applies EnV and ReM to the target automatically!).

This is why I like the Monk. It's more complicated than other healers, but has an arsenal for all styles of play.

BM is apparently not in a great place right now when comparing to all other tank classes. I don't play it, but i'm sure BM Monks will tell you it's fine for the most part.
    Last edited by Teramosa; 2016-10-14 at 08:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelani3 View Post
    I've only been playing MW Monk since Legion, and after coming from Holy Priest from WOTLK onwards (and HPala in WoD), I feel as though the Monk is a a jack-of-all-trades, master of none.

I spent the first few weeks of progress on Norm and HC Emerald Nightmare as an all-rounder. Raid healing mostly with TFT ReM (Focused Thunder talent) and Vivify (Revival/Chi-Ji too, obviously). Then switching to Mana Tea and pumping out lots more Essence Font, but I didn't like the 1-dimensional spam healing of EF. Wasn't fun.

So, as our raid is comprised as myself, a Resto Shammy and Resto Druid, last night I decided to focus on tanks with Mist Wrap and Statue talented (from Crack Bird and Lifecycles). Enveloping Mist is very strong if kept on tanks. EnV with a ReM on top can bring the tank back up quicker than you think. Couple that with auto-healing statue and Life Cocoon, Monks seem like very effective tank healers. You can still throw out the occasional buffed Vivify when Uplifting Trance procs for some raid healing and use Mana Tea coupled with Essence Font for bringing the group back up if there is big AOE damage (Ursoc for example).

Life Cocoon is an absolute god send as a life-saving cooldown. This is your 'oh-shit' button (especially when you take the artifact trait that applies EnV and ReM to the target automatically!).

This is why I like the Monk. It's more complicated than other healers, but has an arsenal for all styles of play.

BM is apparently not in a great place right now when comparing to all other tank classes. I don't play it, but i'm sure BM Monks will tell you it's fine for the most part.
    Life Cocoon is decent, but not really that great of a cooldown. First of all, it has just that - a very long cooldown. Second, in higher end content, and mythic + the absorb is gone in an instant. The 50% hot bonus is, still, pretty bad. You get a little benefit from it when you get the artifact trait to make it also give EnM though.

Anyway, I've been playing with EF mostly in raids recently, but switched to Mist Wrap / Statue / Mana Tea and haven't really looked back. I can still do great healing with EF when needed, and my singletarget/tank healing is very strong. Statue is replaced with Chi-ji on certain fights though.

It helps having the shoulders, as it tends to do 10-15% of my healing with this build.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Darkmoon Deck: Promises, so whats the values on it at ilvl 850? Cant find any info on it.
    wowhead to the rescue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Life Cocoon is decent, but not really that great of a cooldown. First of all, it has just that - a very long cooldown.
    For the first time Life Cocoon is actually a decent cooldown once you have all traits unlocked for it.

I agree it sucked before, but with the 2 instant hots on the target it's actually decent and gives you more than enough time to cast Sheilun's Gift after if you really need it.

Sure it's not perfect, but that's much better than before.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

7+ Year Old Account
    wowhead to the rescue

- - - Updated - - -

For the first time Life Cocoon is actually a decent cooldown once you have all traits unlocked for it.

I agree it sucked before, but with the 2 instant hots on the target it's actually decent and gives you more than enough time to cast Sheilun's Gift after if you really need it.

Sure it's not perfect, but that's much better than before.
    That Promises info is wrong I'm pretty sure, it got a stealth buff a while back. My 850 equipped is 460-1840
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Deleted
    If its so low is it even worth spending that 80k-100k for that trinket..