Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I actually agree that rank shouldn't be tied to wins or losses. Performing exceptionally well on a loss should mean you gain rank (while most of your team loses, because someone was arsing things up). If you just play poorly on offense and get a win because your buddies are carrying you, you SHOULDN'T gain rank.
    Biggest issue I see is that people may not play certain characters as much that are technically not bad but just don't exactly express that in numbers. Having a good mei makes certain annoying characters easier to deal with, but I can imagine that her numbers may not be the best.

7+ Year Old Account
    i FINALLY! managed to win the halloween brawl on medium.
    its so addicting and fun.

Formerly known as Arafal

yeah im also addicted to the brawl. already got all 4 sprays from it and i have so much more fun playing it than QP or CP
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

How does the rating system work? I played with a friend and didn't understand it.
    Last edited by bestellen; 2017-05-29 at 01:12 PM.

Since Legion's RNG has been kicking me in the ass for the past week, I came back to see if I could maybe pass some time with Overwatch. Unfortunately, the RNG of what teammates I've been getting wasn't any better. I've had to block a ton of people over the last week. Screaming idiots mostly, but lots of troll players as well. Also either I've filled my blocked list up or somethings going wrong with it as people who are being asshats get a block, but then the next day I'm in a game and think "Wow this guy is an asshat, Ill block him so I dont have to put up with it again" only to find out they were already blocked and my option only states unblock.

On the lighter side of things, I think I ended up in a comp game with some streamers. I've never been on a stream before but at least the people were nice. That was definitely a fun game and I really enjoyed being the Reinhardt wall for them.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by bestellen View Post
    How does the rating system work? I played with a friend and didn't understand it.
    10 Matches at first to determine a starting point
    After that you gain or lose some depending on if you win or lose and how well/bad you played.
    So if you go afk and win you will get some points but not as much as the others, this also works the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    10 Matches at first to determine a starting point
    After that you gain or lose some depending on if you win or lose and how well/bad you played.
    So if you go afk and win you will get some points but not as much as the others, this also works the other way around.
    It bears mentioning that nobody but Blizzard knows exactly how they measure "how well/bad you played", and this is deliberate. If they DID reveal that, then people would try and game the system, rather than focusing on playing their best to win. If "number of bullets that hit the enemy" were a big boost to the score, for instance (it wouldn't be; that's a stupid measure), people would be fighting to pick Bastion every game because they can stack that metric with him and gain more rank, regardless of how effective he was at actually winning the matches.

As a solo player I've been getting nothing but group games. You'd think they'd at least be more open to communicating on team speak, but I haven't heard a single one of them actually say anything. And of course those games are more likely to end up worse than the others.

Oddly enough there's a thread on the official forums asking for a solo queue. It was one of the most up voted threads on the entire forums and yet Blizz has refused to acknowledge it.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overw...9125483?page=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    As a solo player I've been getting nothing but group games. You'd think they'd at least be more open to communicating on team speak, but I haven't heard a single one of them actually say anything. And of course those games are more likely to end up worse than the others.
    When you're in a group, you start out a match in "group chat", not "team chat". You need to manually switch. If they're not bothering, then it's not that they're not communicating, just that they're not communicating with you.

Which is bad; they should join team chat. I'm not defending it. But especially if it's a 5-man, they may just not notice or care that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Where I also found out I'm ok with Roadhog. To me, it's not about just using your hook and going for the instant kill. He's kind of like Tracer. Peek in, take your shots, peek back. Use his mid-range shot to get your damage in. Hook someone only if you know you can one-shot it (really, I play a lot of D.va, I don't know why people bother trying to hook me). Get your ult up by healing yourself. I don't know. It seems a lot of people play him too aggressively. He has no defensive abilities.
    Because hook goes through D.Va's defense matrix and they seem to think they're safe, and as long as someone else is attacking D.Va with you, they're gonna lose their mech (And you get a good amount of meter).

It's usually more useful to pick off a tank or a healer basically. Chances are you're not hooking a Reinhardt though unless they screw up. And in my opinion, he is meant to be played aggressively. He's a bruiser, just like Zarya too, and they both need to retreat at some point to heal up.

I mean, I'm not the best Roadhog, but I'd like to think I'm at least average. Also it makes me frustrated to see my friend play Tracer like that. Personally I dash up, try to pick someone off, and recall out.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post

Oddly enough there's a thread on the official forums asking for a solo queue. It was one of the most up voted threads on the entire forums and yet Blizz has refused to acknowledge it.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overw...9125483?page=1
    Personally, I have nothing against group games in general, except when it gets to what I had the other day.

My team was 2 groups of 2, and then me and some other random player.

The other team was a group of 4. Like, I get it's the same total number of players in a group, but there's a huge difference in terms of coordination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Personally, I have nothing against group games in general, except when it gets to what I had the other day.

My team was 2 groups of 2, and then me and some other random player.

The other team was a group of 4. Like, I get it's the same total number of players in a group, but there's a huge difference in terms of coordination.
    That's not always true, I've been on more than a few teams with a 3 or 4 player premade and they've been absolutely shocking. In fact one match just last night on Hanamura, I was lumped with a 3 man premade who made sensible picks, against all solo players, and it was honestly the worst group I can remember being with; on attack there was literally not even one attempt to push the objective from them.

I got gold Objective time with like 3 seconds or something, as Widowmaker. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That's not always true, I've been on more than a few teams with a 3 or 4 player premade and they've been absolutely shocking. In fact one match just last night on Hanamura, I was lumped with a 3 man premade who made sensible picks, against all solo players, and it was honestly the worst group I can remember being with; on attack there was literally not even one attempt to push the objective from them.

I got gold Objective time with like 3 seconds or something, as Widowmaker. :|
    That lack of pushing for objective is a common problem with allot of players. I play D.VA allot and depending on the map I will fly straight for the objective in order to split the opposite team in two, I have 3 or 4 guys chasing me so you would think it would be a easy task to break past the choke point with 5 others even if I die. Once you get past the choke point it becomes harder to defend the objective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    That lack of pushing for objective is a common problem with allot of players. I play D.VA allot and depending on the map I will fly straight for the objective in order to split the opposite team in two, I have 3 or 4 guys chasing me so you would think it would be a easy task to break past the choke point with 5 others even if I die. Once you get past the choke point it becomes harder to defend the objective.
    This is exactly what I do, but I still see the other 5 players struggling and hiding from the one guy that didn't chase me :|

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    This is exactly what I do, but I still see the other 5 players struggling and hiding from the one guy that didn't chase me :|
    Most of the matches I lose are with groups that don't pressure the other team enough, so they don't push for the objective, they don't flank or they go into the objective solo and waist their ulti while they are at it (or charge in solo if it's a rein).

Great example is when facing a bastion or a Torbjörn, two weak hero's who have multiply counters but can destroy the opposite team if ignored.

Deleted
    Managed to fight my way all up to 2491, 1 win away from plat, and then go on the biggest loss streak i've had in this game, back down to 2300.

Overwatch can be a cruel mistress.

10+ Year Old Account

I wanna do this

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Managed to fight my way all up to 2491, 1 win away from plat, and then go on the biggest loss streak i've had in this game, back down to 2300.

Overwatch can be a cruel mistress.
    I feel your pain. This has happened to me several times.

Last night though i finally made it back up and ended a game at 2497. I prayed for about 30 minutesand go into a game where the opposing team was 20 points higher...i was like fuck...but then we rekt them. Finally got my plat so dont give up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hanzo is too good

I wake up to my alarm clock going off, playing the music from Rocky. I try to hit the snooze button but I miss the first time. I keep slamming my hand at it until it breaks. My back is sore from carrying my team so hard last night but I can't just spend all day in bed so I decide to watch some Family Guy on Netflix.
    “Hey can you take out the trash?” My mom says from the kitchen, carrying in the groceries and preparing breakfast. I begrudgingly do it. Seriously? Why do I have to carry this family?

I borrow my Mom’s car to get lunch and make a left turn off my street. I miss and veer into the oncoming traffic lane. Everyone starts honking, three cars hit me and I crash into a tree. Some of the drivers ask me if I'm okay, I scream at them for focusing me. Oh well, just means I'm carrying. I walk to the nearest McDonalds instead.
    I bite in the general direction of my food and snag two fries. Nice, I'm on my way to becoming the new Seagull. I bite in the general direction of my food again and bite the table by accident, cracking a tooth. Where the hell was my team? Whatever, I didn't want McDonalds anyway. I'm drinking my Diet Coke when I hear some bad start choking from across the room. I try to ignore it as best as I can and carry like I normally do but he's getting too loud. His wife starts shouting too. “Is anybody here a doctor? We need a doctor!” I stand up and raise my hand, “I main Hanzo.” I wait for the applause.
    “We need a doctor!” The woman screams again .

“Wow, fuck off and stop telling people what to do! It's just lunch! Sorry I don't take it as seriously as you!” I throw my drink at the couple's table and it splashes, hitting four people (quad kill, Play of the Game) And storm out of the restaurant. I miss the door and walk into the wall. Dammit, now my nose is bleeding. Shitty supports, is anyone else even trying? I walk back home and find my five year old brother going through my things. I kick him out of my room and he loses his shit. He hits me in the crotch and I accuse him of aimbotting. I one shot him and he's out cold. He was never my equal.

It's been an exhausting day so I just sit down and play some Overwatch for fourteen hours. I'm already high gold, so I don't think I need the practice, but it can't hurt. Besides time to go to bed. I piss in the general direction of my bathroom and accidentally hit my Grandfather's ashes. Eh, close enough. I climb into bed and set my cellphone alarm to Eye of the Tiger. It's been a long day and I need some god damn sleep.
    edit: fixed some errors and added a sentence in the middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started getting back into the game now the newness excitement of Legion has worn off and the halloween update is out. Play a game today as Zarya on route 66 with 4 friends, got the payload to within a metre and then a clusterfuck at the end and the enemy team held us to win it. So annoying to lose but everyone was commenting what an amazing game it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Started getting back into the game now the newness excitement of Legion has worn off and the halloween update is out. Play a game today as Zarya on route 66 with 4 friends, got the payload to within a metre and then a clusterfuck at the end and the enemy team held us to win it. So annoying to lose but everyone was commenting what an amazing game it was.
    The best games, IMO, are the hard-fought ones that go right to the end and are won in super-overtime. I'd much rather lose a match like that than win a roflstomp match.