Deleted

Which trinket dilemma

Which one to maximize ST damage?

- Sinew 835 which leaves me at 64% crit
    - Oakhearts 840
    - Spiked Tongue 845

I cant say i know which is the best but i would have to rate Oakhearts pretty low from personal experience. It even procs on polymorph breaking it instantly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sizion09 View Post
    Which one to maximize ST damage?

- Sinew 835 which leaves me at 64% crit
    - Oakhearts 840
    - Spiked Tongue 845
    Spiked and Sinew (assuming you know how to use it properly).

Deleted
    Rather than start yet another trinket thread, thought I'd recycle this one.

I've go:
    830 Baton
    850 eye of scovald
    850 spiked tongue
    850 sinew

Obviously I'm using sinew, it's great. Spiked tongue sims highest but I'm not sure why/how. After a night of mythic and a raid to compare, Eye does about 3% damage with proc, tongue does 3% with worse stats and Baton does 6% somehow, lol.

Has tongue been nerfed which simcraft doesn't reflect or is my sample just too small and I've been unlucky?

its all rng.. i raid 3 nites aweek and do countless keystones and sometimes i get great dmg from my baton and spiked other times they dont.. i love sinew but cant rely on gettin 100% out of it every fight and its garbage on 5 man keys when trash and bosses melt (i only do +8 or under) i enjoy using the haste plague trinket i believe cuz it dots alot but haste is meh and my other 2 just seem stronger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by genzic8787 View Post
    its all rng.. i raid 3 nites aweek and do countless keystones and sometimes i get great dmg from my baton and spiked other times they dont.. i love sinew but cant rely on gettin 100% out of it every fight and its garbage on 5 man keys when trash and bosses melt (i only do +8 or under) i enjoy using the haste plague trinket i believe cuz it dots alot but haste is meh and my other 2 just seem stronger
    Sinew is pretty strong for 5man bosses, It's guaranteed 2.X million damage which could easily be 10% of your total damage done depending on the group/fight.

I'm going to run with Spiked Tongue for a bit, seems it's a proc with no ICD so with a larger sample size it may come good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gammonflaps View Post
    Sinew is pretty strong for 5man bosses, It's guaranteed 2.X million damage which could easily be 10% of your total damage done depending on the group/fight.

I'm going to run with Spiked Tongue for a bit, seems it's a proc with no ICD so with a larger sample size it may come good.
    Let me know how that works out.

Imho; sinew makes the already clunky fire spec (if you have bracers) feel even more clunky. I feel like this trinket should be doing much more damage given that you have to snapshot to gain full benefit from it. On the other hand, at least it's more consistent than spiked tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by TiltEV View Post
    Let me know how that works out.

Imho; sinew makes the already clunky fire spec (if you have bracers) feel even more clunky. I feel like this trinket should be doing much more damage given that you have to snapshot to gain full benefit from it. On the other hand, at least it's more consistent than spiked tongue.
    How is fire 'clunky'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    How is fire 'clunky'.
    Well, if you ever get your bracers you'll know exactly what I'm referring to. Having to hard cast a spell that's greater than 4 seconds is borderline clunky mechanics. It's my opinion though, right? You're allowed to disagree and I honestly don't care. Personally, I prefer the way fire was during WoD (combustion, crystal and all).

I haven't played a spec this clunky since demo during cataclysm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    How is fire 'clunky'.
    Was wondering the same. Fire is extremely streamlined, even with the pyro hardcast.

Quote Originally Posted by TiltEV View Post
    I feel like this trinket should be doing much more damage given that you have to snapshot to gain full benefit from it.
    If anything, it needs a nerf. This trinket is ridiculously powerful if you play it properly. (not snap-shot, btw. You merely want it to go off during you combustion, that's all.)

having it go off during RoP is more important than combustion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Was wondering the same. Fire is extremely streamlined, even with the pyro hardcast.

If anything, it needs a nerf. This trinket is ridiculously powerful if you play it properly. (not snap-shot, btw. You merely want it to go off during you combustion, that's all.)
    Ridiculously powerful compared to what, exactly? Naraxas spiked tongue and DSB would be on par with sinew if you excluded rng factors. Also, fight length plays a huge role but I'm sure you already knew this. The only advantage you get with sinew is consistency + burst on the pull.

The moment you nerf this trinket is the day it becomes worthless.

Deleted
    Using sinew 870 and infernal writ 870, still really unsure about writ. It procs usually after combust, although internal cd seems decent. I go beyond 80% crit at the end of proc. I can fb>pyro>fb>pyro all day to the point I have no time to use blast. Seems weird. I had multiple times earlier that I had to check whether I have some 100% crit buff from encounter that I was unaware of. Unable to not crit all day. Works fine dps wise so far but still not sure about it.

Deleted
    Hey guys, thought it would be better to ask here instead of a new thread. I actually have 3 trinkets (new char didn't play much) :

Eye of Skovald 855
    Chrono Shard 840 + socket (150 crit) (without bonus set)
    Devilsaur 825 (x_x)

Which combination should i use ? Eye + Devilsaur give me some crit (60% with both) but i'm not sure because of Chrono Shard proc.

thanks