Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tides come in, tides go out. Can't explain it. Except BLACK MAGIC.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    These people are being listened to by colleges and lawmakers even though they are a small group. That is the problem.
    They listen to everyone. But only react to those that line their pockets. That's the real problem. Instead of trying to hunt down and discredit every hippie on the planet it would be just easier to target and destroy the few that fund the maddness.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    My IQ after watching this dropped a bit, but much less so than it drops every time I read comments on MMO-Champ in threads like this. "Someone random said something stupid - it means our society is in peril!!!"
    Actually, the very truth in this post makes me believe our society is in peril. People get way to worked up over nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like a lot of ppl here, they would fit right in

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    My IQ after watching this dropped a bit, but much less so than it drops every time I read comments on MMO-Champ in threads like this. "Someone random said something stupid - it means our society is in peril!!!"
    Deriding your primary export? Hm, I suppose you're trying to shoo competitors away in order to establish a monopoly?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Black magic to send lighting, can you explain that through science

ITS NOT TRUE

I lost my shit on that. Even more so, they can sugar coat that, that guy broke the rules by saying that. But essentially they we're saying if you disagree with what we said, get the fuck out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    That really isn't the definition of Science though. Science does not deal in 'proofs' - that's the domain of mathematics. Science deals in provisional explanations of empirical data. Scientific theories may continue to be bolstered by new evidence but they're still subject to revision if contradictions or a better explanation are discovered.
    Guess thats why I failed philosophy and have to retake it

Great comedy sketch about stupidity taken to an extreme! Imagine if this was real and anyone was actually like this.

How would science from an African perspective be any different from regular science? She's so dumb, I don't know how she was admitted there.......oh yes I do.

What did she say about lightning and magic? I couldn't understand.

I watched the rest of the video and want to know why she was allowed to speak publicly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    She said Science can't explain how some "Witch Doctors" in a province (KZN) in South Africa can zap people with lightning. She actually believes their sangoma's (a name for an african witchdoctors) actually have magical powers and says the current "Western" science that is taught can't explain it.

This is what happens when we admit people to college based on race when they don't come even close to meeting the minimum standards for that university. Some of them, inevitably, wind up really believing that they know things and can argue cogently.

I am more concerned at language like, "sacred space". Nonsense.

All belife, notions and thought that are inclusive of superstition, magic, religion and/or divinity are ruinous to humanity above all else.

No such being is deserving of nobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Science from an African perspective would explore these matters and further humanity more than regular science.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Religion is the demon in our world. It is destroying countries and civilizations. Middle east, terrorism, poverty, extremely religious part of the world. Africa, terrorism, war, poverty, extremely religious population. South america, poverty, brutal crime, extremely religious population. And that is only MODERN time. Let's not get in the past.
    Yeah those darn Hari Krishnas handing out flowers at airports are destroying the world!

Maybe its the people that use religion wrong that's the trouble. I mean do we not want to get rid of hammers as they can be used to create both things that destroy and things that are beautiful and peaceful?

I don't remember reading Jesus, Buddha, or Confucius running around preaching kill anyone that doesn't believe exactly as you do.

As for the video... always fun to watch some try to bring a academic study to youtube. Maybe they'll learn and become more wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    A: "Witch doctors have magical powers and can zap people with lightning"

B: "That's not true"

C: "RESPECT HER SPACE. APOLOGIZE. FOLLOW THE RULES. (etc etc for 10 minutes)"

Sigh

"Progressive" In other words any dumb IQ90 SJW Retard now can speak whats on there mind and if it is funny or stupid for you ... You'r a Bigoted Racist!!

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Pretty much this. This is the side I fall on because I believe no human or group of humans can be objective.
    Well I didn't side one way or another.

Now where else i'v heard angry Africans denouncing wester science...

Ah, yes. Boko Haram.