Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Someone without a clue about what constitutes challenging gameplay. Glad said person has no say in the game.
    Best part is these people claim the game should be a challenge but are not willing to prove their own feats within the game along with current ones. More than likely LFR/Mythic 0 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Out of curiosity, how many subscribers do you think WoW would have if it was tuned so that the top guilds in the world found it extremely difficult?
    Oh and now people want to talk subscribers . Well, at some point there were more than 10 million. And when they started making the game even more accessible it dropped considerably over the years. So you tell me. "It's a natural decline", right? lol. I really wonder how many subs there are now. It's probably dropping already.

"Wow needs to become much harder"

Funny, I remember reading/hearing the same thing throughout WotLK. Worked out great for Cataclysm.

There are multiple options for those who want it harder, now more so than ever. Mythic + is just testing for future systems, if it goes well and they get the right feedback, we might see advancing challenging content of more refined caliber's moving forward.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-10-14 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I think blizzard overestimate the competetion element and totally ignore the storyline/fun element , i really dont know how many truly play this game just to see themselves first on wow-progress , to me at least it sounds ridiculous because you are playing against bots , if you put enough effort (play everyday) and you are decent then you are gonna make it obviously, i think most even hardcore raiders play this game for the fun and story element.

Now we are stuck with emerald nightmare for several months , this is a terrible mistake from blizzard , this is NOT a single player game , we cant just see the story in a single day , its ridiculous , the story is a big part behind the motivation of the raider , emerald nightmare is also terribly designed , blizzard treats wow like a single player game where you can see the story in different difficulties and extremely fast , it also gives the option to everyone to have great loot , loot and gold these days are totally meaningless.

Some say vanilla wasnt that hard and i may agree with them but there were other things that made it very hard to raid and achieve fast progress , some bosses took ages to die , casuals and hardcores werent so separated.

In my opinion there should be only one difficulty with a big size requirement 30+people and that difficulty should be harder than current mythic raiding and also the adventure's guide should be burned at hell , people shouldnt ever be spoiled or know anything at all about future bosses and even more so about their mechanics and strategy so it would be a mystery. That way the best guilds would have killed like 1 or 2 at most bosses right now , that way the current content would endure and keep people interested for several months until the release of nighthold.

If they want to make the most out of casuals they dont need to make wow so easy , they can simply do as i said above and increase the size of a raid by aton so a guild would have to take casuals to succeed in its goals , this would also decrease the number of guilds per server and create interesting rivalries , wow right now is a complete shit.
    Those things were badly designed boss fights, bugged boss mechanics, lack of addons and more. They weren't hard just because they were designed that way, they were hard because they had many problems that were effecting the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Oh and now people want to talk subscribers . Well, at some point there were more than 10 million. And when they started making the game even more accessible it dropped considerably over the years. So you tell me. "It's a natural decline", right? lol. I really wonder how many subs there are now. It's probably dropping already.
    No. The only reason it survived and sustained dropping numbers at the rate it did (and why other MMO's failed to do so and collapsed) is because it did what needed to be done to stem the flow as much as possible. The most numbers it ever had was in wotlk (12 Mill) when it threw away the entire hardcore exclusivity bulshit out the window and made different difficulties for its different raid groups in a manner that allowed much more people to access it.

It's steps since then have only helped more and more. The bleed was inevitable, sticking with exclusive and restrictive content like in TBC and Vanilla would have killed wow more than 5 years ago.

It has only survived because of the very actions you speak against. The "harder" difficulty people talk about is still there and still available, now more than ever.

and seriously, the numbers were already revealed and yes it will fall over time and then shoot back up, just like it always has and the current efforts are what maintain that even as it declines and ages.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-10-14 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Best part is these people claim the game should be a challenge but are not willing to prove their own feats within the game along with current ones. More than likely LFR/Mythic 0 players.
    Just because someone is Mythic 0 doesn't mean that they couldn't be a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Just because someone is Mythic 0 doesn't mean that they couldn't be a good player.
    I agree I meant it in the sense that people who usually say the game needs to be harder does not link their armory as a sign of them completing the hardest content so I doubt the OP in general has done what they claimed to have done. That's like me saying "Mythic is too hard plz nerf Mythic EN" when I only have 7/7 Normal.

Deleted
    So you want one, maybe 2 guilds per faction on each server who can fill the raid with good players, and rest can suck it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Vanilla had way more subscribers than WoD or Legion, 0.01% killed Vanilla KT, against if it was 1% who killed mythic Archi it is still 100 times more.
    And this is the "difficulty".

This is also a blind out of the butt statement, just trying to coordinate 10 vs 40 people is two very different ballgames of difficulty.
    Or having a fight where 1 person can wipe the raid, will always be exponentially more difficult with a much larger amount of players.

At last since the difficulty curve always reset each expansion to a lower starting point on the first tier than the previous expansions.
    This is just due to making it so "available" that everyone can be pushed through it at the same time - Herd those Lemmings.
    Add on top of that streamlining classes, skills, talents, the individual game is dumbified so much the player "skill" is going rapidly down aswell.
    Coordinating 40 people is not difficulty, it's frustration. It doesn't make the encounter any harder, it just makes the organization of it a pain in the ass. It doesn NOT, substitute or add difficulty of the encounter itself.

Besides, organizing 40 people for a raid nowadays, several times a week, wouldn't be possible and few would be able to maintain it even less wish to maintain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Coordinating 40 people is not difficulty, it's frustration. It doesn't make the encounter any harder, it just makes the organization of it a pain in the ass. It doesn NOT, substitute or add difficulty of the encounter itself.

Besides, organizing 40 people for a raid nowadays, several times a week, wouldn't be possible and few would be able to maintain it even less wish to maintain it.
    Its actually difficulty like it or not , wow pve is hard because of teamplay and not encounters exclusively , if you think im wrong then blizzard should make all pve content soloable or down to 2 people so i can go with my best friend to clear it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    Yeah Mythic + is soooo easy. Same for the Mythic raids.

*Roll eyes*
    I can't speak for all mythic bosses, but 5/7 mythic is quite easy.
    Mythic+ is a faceroll, basically a gear vendor who might sell the gear to the wrong person.

ignoring the rest... if the dungeon journal was removed people would still preview the fights on the net, no way around it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

They should just decrease the drop chance of legendaries. /takescover lolkek

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    This is a bad idea in so many ways.

Hoping for troll.
    This post is bad in so many ways.

Hoping for troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    They should just decrease the drop chance of legendaries. /takescover lolkek
    Instead of more RNG, I have a better idea. Kill hard boss, get hard loot. I know it's an old vanilla idea, but it works so well that Dark Souls is based around the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I think blizzard overestimate the competetion element and totally ignore the storyline/fun element , i really dont know how many truly play this game just to see themselves first on wow-progress , to me at least it sounds ridiculous because you are playing against bots , if you put enough effort (play everyday) and you are decent then you are gonna make it obviously, i think most even hardcore raiders play this game for the fun and story element.

Now we are stuck with emerald nightmare for several months , this is a terrible mistake from blizzard , this is NOT a single player game , we cant just see the story in a single day , its ridiculous , the story is a big part behind the motivation of the raider , emerald nightmare is also terribly designed , blizzard treats wow like a single player game where you can see the story in different difficulties and extremely fast , it also gives the option to everyone to have great loot , loot and gold these days are totally meaningless.

Some say vanilla wasnt that hard and i may agree with them but there were other things that made it very hard to raid and achieve fast progress , some bosses took ages to die , casuals and hardcores werent so separated.

In my opinion there should be only one difficulty with a big size requirement 30+people and that difficulty should be harder than current mythic raiding and also the adventure's guide should be burned at hell , people shouldnt ever be spoiled or know anything at all about future bosses and even more so about their mechanics and strategy so it would be a mystery. That way the best guilds would have killed like 1 or 2 at most bosses right now , that way the current content would endure and keep people interested for several months until the release of nighthold.

If they want to make the most out of casuals they dont need to make wow so easy , they can simply do as i said above and increase the size of a raid by aton so a guild would have to take casuals to succeed in its goals , this would also decrease the number of guilds per server and create interesting rivalries , wow right now is a complete shit.
    How many mythic Emerald Nightmare bosses have you killed so far ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I'd rather they completely removed story content from raids and made them their own little standalone thing with generic bosses that have no baring on lore again once they're dead.

Raids are a horrible way to tell a story.
    Raids are a awesome way to be part of the story

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peukst View Post
    How many mythic Emerald Nightmare bosses have you killed so far ?
    Nythendra in 6 pulls, spiderbitch in around 8, ursoc in 11, dragons of nightmare in 17, ilgynoth in a couple of pulls cause we one phased it, Xavius in 21, Such hard game LUL, And this is supposed to be the hardest content in the game

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    Nythendra in 6 pulls, spiderbitch in around 8, ursoc in 11, dragons of nightmare in 17, ilgynoth in a couple of pulls cause we one phased it, Xavius in 21, Such hard game LUL, And this is supposed to be the hardest content in the game
    you didn't do cenarius ?

I'm pretty sure gating the story behind normal raiding, let alone "harder than mythic", is a brilliant way to kill off a large portion of the playerbase.