10+ Year Old Account

Changing profession help

Hey everybody. Right my current professions are Herb/skinning which have made me a nice amount of gold so far but I feel that skinning is dropping off and I'm not really getting anything from it anymore so I'm thinking of dropping that for either Enchanting or Alchemy. I know it would be more fitting to go alchemy/herb but with all the blues & purples that drop from quests/dungeons, enchanting would make sense also. We all need enchants and we all need flasks etc so what do you guys think?

don't want to make new thread, since this is somewhat on point too,
    anyone has any suggestions / ideas what would be more... useful and / or fun - Alchemy or Inscription?
    Alchemists will make flasks and potions needed for majority of expansion (minus maybe those content gaps when everyone is just farming stuff with eyes closed)
    Inscription well people will want to respec in raids... similar story I guess, once it's absolutely farm content, who cares about buying those books.
    Difference is I think Inscription simply offers more neat things... Vantus runes (or scrolls?), trinkets, glyphs (do those still make any money)

As well, I was debating what to combo being with, enchanter, alchemy, or inscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    As well, I was debating what to combo being with, enchanter, alchemy, or inscription.

Won't the Inscription trinkets only last for the first tier of raiding though?

I collected around 100 different items, went Enchanting for 5mins, DEed them all, took herbalism again, went farming, saved myself around 80-100k gold in neck enchants by doing so.

You know the book that gives you back your quest/stars kinda helps :P

Although it seems to have bugged out the first couple relogs, Starlight Rose kept giving me dust only for the first 10 picks.

Random responses to thread:

In past expansions, Inscription trinkets have been updated for each raid tier to keep the profession relevant. In 7.1 Obliterum upgrades will go to 8/8, including trinkets.

I have a level 100 enchanter for DEing legion BOEs.

Alchemy is traditionally the best prof for money-making since demand for consumables is never ending. However there's a high startup cost for it in Legion, and folks who've been Alchemy since day 1 will be ahead of you in star ranks for a while so the return on your investment may be a long way off.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

almost every question about professions depends on the economy in the server. In my server alch is only profitable after rank 3 (and need to spend a lot of gold to get a proc) and for the increased flask durantion and the only profitable thing with enchant is to DE epics becouse enchants sold in AH in a lower price than mats itself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    almost every question about professions depends on the economy in the server. In my server alch is only profitable after rank 3 (and need to spend a lot of gold to get a proc) and for the increased flask durantion and the only profitable thing with enchant is to DE epics becouse enchants sold in AH in a lower price than mats itself
    Ahhhh ok. I have some thinking to do then don't I lol

i am herb + enchant and i am gonna drop enchant soon for eng just for utility. In 7.1 gathering will lose some value too