10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    well... that won't make me hate it... but its highly likely that this will encourage me to wait for game+all DLC edition sale of some sort and while I wait, catch up on other games and plan the kind of playthrough I want to be my one and only. (I made a mistake of not planning it out so well with DAI and well.. basically I wish I had imported a different worldstate :/ as silly as it sounds, choosing between happiness of my favorite warden and one of fave DAO characters, or life of my favorite Hawke was... not fun :/)

I honestly don't know what's with this return to enormously long (and enormously padded) games nowadays :/

To sell more copies.

A lot of content implies more value, more bang for your buck... At least insofar as the typical consumer is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    To sell more copies.

A lot of content implies more value, more bang for your buck... At least insofar as the typical consumer is concerned.
    the problem is... vast majority of the time its not really content, its repetitive padding. /shrug I just think there is a balance between 300 hour games and 4 hour game charging virtually the same price as aforementioned 300 hour game. maybe I'm just getting older...

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Might be, I mean look at how much No Mans Sky can handle.
    No Man's Sky uses procedural generation to fill the Galaxy with shit(, which is then deleted shortly after). I doubt Bioware would go that route with Mass Effect.

- - - Updated - - -

the problem is... vast majority of the time its not really content, its repetitive padding. /shrug I just think there is a balance between 300 hour games and 4 hour game charging virtually the same price as aforementioned 300 hour game. maybe I'm just getting older...
    For some inane reason, most gamers are more concerned about quantity than quality when it comes to game content. They'd rather have 90 hours of climbing into radio towers instead of 10 hours of tightly paced action and good storytelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    For some inane reason, most gamers are more concerned about quantity than quality when it comes to game content. They'd rather have 90 hours of climbing into radio towers instead of 10 hours of tightly paced action and good storytelling.
    Which is why I've always found the single player portion of Battlefield and Call of Duty great. Fast paced story telling. I'm much better at BF than CoD when it comes to online play though. But I can enjoy both quick and long campaigns. Although we haven't gotten many (if any) platformers for Xbox or PS. Which is a little sad. I love them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Main problem what i see with last Bioware games, is very lack of developing new content. ME3 and DA:I are great examples for that.

While ME3 MP got 5 MP DLC, which Retaliation gived hope for new features in game but we know how they ended in Reckoning. That DA:I got only 2 MP DLC which only added one map, and few new characters to unlock.

So i ask here and now. Did actually Bioware got any expirience in making online games? I think not. Bioware maybe can make ME:A great in Single Player, but Multiplayer will be lacking of that greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Main problem what i see with last Bioware games, is very lack of developing new content. ME3 and DA:I are great examples for that.

While ME3 MP got 5 MP DLC, which Retaliation gived hope for new features in game but we know how they ended in Reckoning. That DA:I got only 2 MP DLC which only added one map, and few new characters to unlock.

So i ask here and now. Did actually Bioware got any expirience in making online games? I think not. Bioware maybe can make ME:A great in Single Player, but Multiplayer will be lacking of that greatness.
    Bioware doesn't do MP as a "service platform" like MP only games. Their focus is rightly on the SP, and the recent MP components have just been a checkbox somebody (propably some EA suit) wanted to fill. Honestly, ME3 MP got surprising amount of post launch support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bioware doesn't do MP as a "service platform" like MP only games. Their focus is rightly on the SP, and the recent MP components have just been a checkbox somebody (propably some EA suit) wanted to fill. Honestly, ME3 MP got surprising amount of post launch support.
    But you must admit, ME3 MP was kinda enjoyable. If they still supported it, might be one of best MP games in last years.

Deleted
    Maybe if you are a gears of war fan, otherwise ME3MP is pure garbage.

DA:I was not a fun experience in MP, in contrast to ME3's MP which was surprisingly good. DA:I MP suffered the most from it's bad net code, almost every game had these lag spikes.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

No Man's Sky uses procedural generation to fill the Galaxy with shit(, which is then deleted shortly after). I doubt Bioware would go that route with Mass Effect.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather have 70 hours of good storytelling, and action here and there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    But you must admit, ME3 MP was kinda enjoyable. If they still supported it, might be one of best MP games in last years.
    DA:I MP felt like an mmo dungeon with subpar gameplay compared to actual mmos, it doesn't surprise me at all it didn't get as much support as ME3MP did.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Maybe if you are a gears of war fan, otherwise ME3MP is pure garbage.
    oh no... Its Gravath again. Why do you always hate everything? doesnt it get old after some time?

I think the MP was great fun and i still do a game or two a week. Maybe you just suck at it :-)
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Deleted
    I don't hate everything, i just hate garbage that clearly ripped off something else but was made worse.

And i was facing everything at plat while you people only ran one faction so you could cheese out some easy rewards.

Pointing the rifle and pressing a button sure is hard. Good thing there are chest high walls everywhere to protect you from everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I liked DAI, I liked ME3 ending, and I somewhat liked ME3 multiplayer (although it didn't have a long-term attraction in my eyes); never played DAI MP. Some people focus too much on hating things for what they dislike about them, rather than appreciating them for what they like.

Have to agree though that Bioware has a lot to learn about making coop in their single-player games.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't know, I liked DAI, I liked ME3 ending, and I somewhat liked ME3 multiplayer (although it didn't have a long-term attraction in my eyes); never played DAI MP. Some people focus too much on hating things for what they dislike about them, rather than appreciating them for what they like.

Have to agree though that Bioware has a lot to learn about making coop in their single-player games.
    heh. I like it that modders were amazing and persistent enough to keep working on trying to mod ME3 and now, you don't have to deal with original ending anymore. I'm trying to resist very hard from insulting aforementioned original ending right now. in interest of positivity and all. basically. when it comes to ME3 ending (though not just ending either, let me be clear, my issues with the ending were the last straw in a game full of things I disliked and very few things I did) - it, and well entirety of ME3 is why I haven't pre-ordered Andromeda. the whole open world padded thing is a concern, but not as much of a concern. my biggest concern is that Mac Walters is still in charge. but I guess, they also had one of Halo writers working on it.. and Drew seems to have come back? I mean, I guess John Dombrow still being involved is a good sign but Patrick Weeks moving on to Dragon age team is not as much. honestly... I'm not even nearly as bitter about ME3 as a lot of my friends. its just... difficult to stay positive when thinking of positive equals.. well.. I guess gameplay was nice? Surkech/Tuchanka arcs were pretty good... and that scene on the rooftops with Garrus. but yeah, that's about it really for me at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    And i was facing everything at plat while you people only ran one faction so you could cheese out some easy rewards.
    You sure played and discussed it a lot for it being garbage. Guess it really wasn't garbage after all unless of course your name is Oscar.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    heh. I like it that modders were amazing and persistent enough to keep working on trying to mod ME3 and now, you don't have to deal with original ending anymore. I'm trying to resist very hard from insulting aforementioned original ending right now. in interest of positivity and all. basically. when it comes to ME3 ending (though not just ending either, let me be clear, my issues with the ending were the last straw in a game full of things I disliked and very few things I did) - it, and well entirety of ME3 is why I haven't pre-ordered Andromeda. the whole open world padded thing is a concern, but not as much of a concern. my biggest concern is that Mac Walters is still in charge. but I guess, they also had one of Halo writers working on it.. and Drew seems to have come back? I mean, I guess John Dombrow still being involved is a good sign but Patrick Weeks moving on to Dragon age team is not as much. honestly... I'm not even nearly as bitter about ME3 as a lot of my friends. its just... difficult to stay positive when thinking of positive equals.. well.. I guess gameplay was nice? Surkech/Tuchanka arcs were pretty good... and that scene on the rooftops with Garrus. but yeah, that's about it really for me at least.
    I don't know, I've played a LOT of different games in my life, and very few, if any, left a bad taste in my mouth. At worst, there would be games I didn't really care about, so I abandoned them, or played through once and forgot... But mostly, I manage to appreciate and enjoy nearly everything I play. Even games in which I disliked some parts strongly (for example, I thought KotoR 2 non-modded ending was a bit weak, and Neverwinter Nights 1 official campaign 1st act was downright awful), I still managed to enjoy other parts a lot.

That's why I don't understand people like some in this thread, for example, that keep saying hateful things about games (not talking about you, but some others). This is just a foreign concept to me, hating on something just because you disliked a part of it...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't know, I've played a LOT of different games in my life, and very few, if any, left a bad taste in my mouth. At worst, there would be games I didn't really care about, so I abandoned them, or played through once and forgot... But mostly, I manage to appreciate and enjoy nearly everything I play. Even games in which I disliked some parts strongly (for example, I thought KotoR 2 non-modded ending was a bit weak, and Neverwinter Nights 1 official campaign 1st act was downright awful), I still managed to enjoy other parts a lot.

That's why I don't understand people like some in this thread, for example, that keep saying hateful things about games (not talking about you, but some others). This is just a foreign concept to me, hating on something just because you disliked a part of it...
    usually I'm fairly easy to please, but Mass effect 3 is one of those rare exceptions. the thing is... if it were stand alone game? I would likely still grumble at the ending, but it wouldn't have hit me as much as it did and most of the things that bothered me? wouldn't bother me nearly as much if at all. but... it was a sequel to two of my favorite games of all time, and because of that because those were the characters I spent a LOT of hours with, the world that i spend a LOT of time with, what was done to them in the final game hit me is hard as it did. and some of the worst offenses are thanks to the same guy who is now a project lead on Andromeda. I liked a few moments in ME3 and they definitely improved the gameplay a LOT (also if there is one positive thing I will say with no reservations what so ever? soundtrack is top notch. I still listen to it semi regularly), but overall experience? yeah :/

Andromeda a fresh start, with all new characters, all new galaxy, so I'm cautiously reserving judgement. but if I didn't love ME1 and ME2 as much as I did? I would very likely just give up on the series, the way I gave up on Heroes of Might and Magic sequels (and just like I gave up on DOctor who midway through 11's run). and who knows, maybe like with HOMM, I end up giving up on Mass effect after Andromeda. or maybe it will be awesome and I will not. I just don't know and that's kinda the key, because what ME3 did was to kill that "day one buy" trust in the franchise for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    DA:I MP felt like an mmo dungeon with subpar gameplay compared to actual mmos, it doesn't surprise me at all it didn't get as much support as ME3MP did.
    The gameplay from DA:I is better than MMOs tbh. The loot system however was horrible.
    Didn't stop me grinding towards the dragon stuff though.
    The 3 new heroes they introduced a little while later were *so - much - fun*. I wish WoW had a class with a similar skill system to a Bard, a Warrior using the elements and I wish Outlaw would play like the Pirate in DA:I .

I kinda hope that Andromada MP is not limited to ~2(?) skills again. If there is a MP that is.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-15 at 11:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was more than a bit disappointed to find out that I had to participate in ME3 MP to improve my chances in SP and then I started playing MP.... I enjoyed the hell out of the ME3 MP. Fairly well done in my opinion.