Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    Yes, Blizz stated in one of their blue posts that Nighthold will be balanced with the assumption that everyone has legendaries. Too lazy to search for it, but I have definitely seen this post.
    I'll back that up, they have said this on multiple occasions. Everyone that has been actively playing should have a legendary by nighthold, which will be true for almost everyone considering its a few more months of grinding.

The real question will be does everyone have two legendaries by nighthold, are those good legendaries or shit legendaries? Is nighthold balanced around the assumption that everyone has one, or not? If they balance around not, how under tuned will the content be?

These legendaries create a power gradient among the population and there is no arguing it. If you look at logs players are beginning to be divided into subsets among the same class/spec based on who has which legendary. Whether its mandatory or not seems irrelevant to me because this is an MMO, a multiplayer game. Creating arbitrary power divisions among the player base for no reason other than fuck it, RNG, seems like a terrible idea. For some people it will be great and for many it will be frustrating.

I don't know, maybe most people who play the game simply don't care about how well they do compared to others. That might just be the type of game WoW is now and we have to either accept it or leave. The players in this game are now mice pushing levers to get cheese on a variable reward schedule. Just one more dungeon, maybe you will get the legendary... just one more.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I have no legendary and I don't care.

This shit is so petty and makes me wonder why on earth you are playing this game. Is it just feeling that you might be better than other people that you crave?
    You're really just retarded to not care. Either that or you don't do anything besides log in and WQ and log off. If you don't care about your characters performance you are just way the fuck in the wrong genre.

No, i just don't expect to have the time to invest into a video game that the top players do.

as i said above most of my enjoyment comes from working together with my friends. I don't care if my numbers are higher, I just care about people having fun.

I just can't imagine taking a video game so seriously.
    If you don't take some aspects of the game seriously then you won't make any progress. Mythic requires serious approach to the game, sometimes even HC and not to mention mythic+ ( higher ones ofc ). What's the point doing it with friends - having fun, if you can't progress any further?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    all taken from link below, it's very important stuff so I copy it here

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613722206

To make it concise and keep to the facts:

- you can upgrade (one? two? many?) legendaries in 7.1
    - this comes as a quest - non-repeatable...
    - you need to collect 50 Essence of Whatever from Nighthold bosses, so yeah, it'll be quite the grind I assume
    So i see you taking your "facts" from this completely random poster on the forum as your source, where's the actual source for this info?
    I'm just wondering since blizz already said that the way you'd upgrade the ilvl of the legendaries was via a blacksmith crafted item, which means A. you/the OP of the other post got you confused or B. i missed a blue post somewhere along the road where they reverted their statement and said this quest line thing is the new way.

Edit: forgot to ask for a link to the blue post.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    How is it alt unfriendly?
    Because you cant invest enough time into your main and alt, not unless you wanna improve your main stats, get better gear, farm more AP so you can get more ranks into weapon....

Sounds like you don't have a BiS legendary hohohoho.

I don't have a problem with the system.

Having said that, I have BiS Prot Pally Legendary, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vims View Post
    So i see you taking your "facts" from this completely random poster on the forum as your source, where's the actual source for this info?
    I'd like to know this as well. The provided link doesn't give any source besides some random guy talking about it like it's common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    I miss the days when the only RNG involved with legendaries was "Did it drop or not?"

Elvissa's idea that I'm sure was thought of in all of 5 minutes trumps what probably took the dev team days to concoct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    The exact same RNG applies to current Legendary items. Did it drop or not.
    Yea, I remember I got my Atiesh from doing the Silithus world quests...man those were the days...

Considering that we have a talent in our order hall that makes it possible for us to wear two, I call bs that it's non repeatable.

I have no legendary and I don't care.

This shit is so petty and makes me wonder why on earth you are playing this game. Is it just feeling that you might be better than other people that you crave?
    No I think you do not see the point. They want to raid. ... and you say, why is this stopping them from raiding. Because they've been benched because they do not have an "optimal" Legendary. Your response is... their guild is a bunch of assholes. Yes... welcome to Mythic Raiding in World of Warcraft, if you think guilds are not a whole bunch of assholes who claw for the very most optimal group if lucky bastards... you are not playing the same game everyone else is.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Deleted
    Okay, listen. I wasn't that pissed off that I didn't get one before. But since I've completed the order hall upgrade and can equip a second one, I'm REALLY annoyed.
    The whole system is stupid. Completely senseless and for me the biggest design fail of Legion. I can't even fathom why they thought a 100% RNG legendary system was fun.

Legendaries don't actually exist. I don't care what the rest of you say.

To me the biggest failure was that they didn't manage expectations going into Legion at all. When I started on my order hall getting upgrades and saw the 2 Legendary tier at the end I assumed it would be relevant by the time I unlocked it. At the very least I was expecting to have one by now based solely on the fact that the upgrade to wear two was a month and a half out. Now that I am able to wear two and have none the lack of luck on this front has created an immensely negative feeling that really didn't need to exist in the first place. Instead of a rewarding system I'm feeling punished because of sheer bad luck.

[QUOTE=Josuke;42799671]Yeah I know it's a driving force, it doesn't mean it's not a pathetic reason to play games.

I mean i play games to have fun, maybe think about things (depending on the game), i play mmos to have fun and work together with my friends.

[COLOR="#417394"]- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but who are you to judge what's the right way to have fun? Everyone is having fun the way they like, as long as don't hurt others in the process. Going by your way of thinking, one could argue playing computer games in general is pathetic way of having fun.

All the ridiculous, pathetic legendary whine fascinates me. Some people are just a giant problem for themselves. There's nothing, in any shape or form, you could give them in the game that they couldn't find some silly way to make some stupid dramatic issue out of. Born to be neurotic!

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    All the ridiculous, pathetic legendary whine fascinates me. Some people are just a giant problem for themselves. There's nothing, in any shape or form, you could give them in the game that they couldn't find some silly way to make some stupid dramatic issue out of. Born to be neurotic!
    Actually they never gave us anything, they just made it available to obtain, and obtaining legendary gear with RNG is stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Bullshit. A lot of people have been praising Legion left and right and only hate the things that actually suck. Not every criticism is 'whining'.
    And I'll never understand why people are so allergic against criticism that's not even aimed at them. Are you actively trying to create a world in which nobody is allowed to criticize anything? Do you have to love every little thing about everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    Are you actively trying to create a world in which nobody is allowed to criticize anything?
    Yes, that's obviously my grand scheme and what better place to start than MMO-C?

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    They should really have tied the legendary upgrades to crafting. Make some +5 ilvl legendary tokens for each crafting type or sumpin.

Ahwel, missed opportunities.

Blizzard is absolutely terrified with making professions really useful and important past some base shit like gems and enchants, and it's really stupid. It's a reason why professions have been a joke for so long.

IMHO, professions should have AT LEAST one BIS craftable for every spec every patch cycle. It'd always keep em relevant, and it'd just be one item.

Right now, crafting requires too much for next to real reward. "Right now". It's been that way since freaking 2010, at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    No I think you do not see the point. They want to raid. ... and you say, why is this stopping them from raiding. Because they've been benched because they do not have an "optimal" Legendary. Your response is... their guild is a bunch of assholes. Yes... welcome to Mythic Raiding in World of Warcraft, if you think guilds are not a whole bunch of assholes who claw for the very most optimal group if lucky bastards... you are not playing the same game everyone else is.
    That's still a people problem and not a design problem. You can't design your game around the fact that people are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    all taken from link below, it's very important stuff so I copy it here

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613722206

To make it concise and keep to the facts:

- you can upgrade (one? two? many?) legendaries in 7.1
    - this comes as a quest - non-repeatable...
    - you need to collect 50 Essence of Whatever from Nighthold bosses, so yeah, it'll be quite the grind I assume

And now we reach our complication: if you have a good legendary - you are safe. You know you have to upgrade it, and you'll be done. If you don't have any legendaries, or have a bad one, you will be put in a very bad situation:

- no legendary, nothing to upgrade, /cry alone in a corner and be behind the "lucky" dudes and those that profited from bugs, simple eh?
    - bad legendary - you either upgrade your !@#$ legendary (for example the stupid shield neck), and after your weeks/months long effort... good legendary might drop and you cannot upgrade it (most probable case, seeing as the quest is one time only), or you need to do again the 50 Essence of Crap thing - if we're "lucky" and the quest can be repeated.
    - you don't upgrade the bad legendary and keep the quest reward item that allows ONE legendary to be upgraded, and still hope for RNG to give it to you. This, however, has its own set of disadvantages, as you basically pass on a 925 item with inflated stats.

Meanwhile, lucky dude with BiS legendaries will just upgrade their best and have nothing to fear, further extending the gap between lucky/non lucky.

For how long must we suffer the pure dumbness and atrocity of this RNG system that has NOTHING to do in WoW?
    Indeed. It'll make sure that a lot of players won't get the chance to actuall raid or do any real content.
    We all knew this would happen though. Makes you wonder why Blizzard spends all this money on an expantion and then just ruins it with bullshit like this.