Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Would love some dark and crazy racecar game, like carmageddon style.
    Making another mmo (world of Diablo), FPS, MOBA would be a bad choice, as blizzard would compete with blizzard over the same player base.
    Making something else sounds more possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    He never stated that he was joining a secret project, just that he was joining another team.
    If you think for a second that they got a brand new IP or something in the works, then you're gonna be disappointed.

Sure, I can see Diablo 4 happening, but nothing crazy like a new mmo or a new IP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    It's the legacy servers....
    Yes, that's what I think too. I think Tom was one of those guys that wanted that project to happen.

So either that or some Diablo stuff

Deleted
    The only Blizzard game I'd buy would be Diablo II with remastered graphics/sound and fixed exploits (dupes, tempban from servers after "too many runs" etc). And by "I'd buy it", I really mean "I'd actually be able to queue for hours in a freezing cold to get a physical copy, if necessary, even though I have 2-3 licenses for diablo 2 already)

Anything else they release is of no interest to me. I haven't seen/played hearthstone or overwatch, nor am I going to. I've played Diablo 3 and stopped playing it when they killed the AH. Whatever else they're working on can gtfo along with Kalgan. Just my toxic 2 cents.

I think I'd most prefer a Diablo MMO, but I'm guessing the new Diablo project is either D4 or an expansion. Whatever they do, I would love more char customization in Diablo. I would also love Warcraft 4, which I think is a necessary precursor before any proper "WOW 2" could ever be launched.

An Overwatch RPG of some kind could actually make me care, the current format is sort of wasted on me, would rather have something that explored that world a bit. Likewise, and I know I'm probably really alone here, some sort of campaign-mode for HotS/the Nexus would be fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    That is different, Diablo II was aging and needed new tech. Diablo III is still going strong.
    Going strong? Are you high? Diablo 3 is a disaster. The amount of people playing it is next to nothing, there's a reason they never mention Diablo 3, but only WoW, HS and OW. D3 generates no money for Blizz, hence there's zero development, which in turn means people cant be bothered to play it.

Just look at S8 of D3 coming here in a week, what exactly does it add?

Might be something like "World of Diablo" after they sell a few more WoW expansions they just replace the WoW MMO with it. I'm talking 5+ years in the future. I mean WoW has to be replaced at some point and if Blizzard doesn't replace it some other company will. GW2 could have been so much better than it was, had a lot of potential. Now imagine something like GW2 just more polished and with new tech. People would go crazy after they get tired of Legion. Of course WoW 2 makes much more sense imo. Keep things familiar, Warcraft = MMO, D3 = ARPG, SC = RTS and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Warcraft 4, but it will be using VR Technology. occulus rift.
    Blizz won't touch VR for a really long time. Not until it's widely available to the general consumer market at an affordable price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Blizz won't touch VR for a really long time. Not until it's widely available to the general consumer market at an affordable price.
    And as someone with a DK2 and a Vive, I think it is good. VR isn't there yet, maybe 10 years down the road. Nice for watching movies though.
    Last edited by mmoc78e9842c0f; 2016-10-14 at 04:54 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Think starcraft would fit more for an mmo so world of Diablo i really dont see happening.

I think they will come with diablo 4, in what form is the question i hope they will go more toward something like the witcher 3 with diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by randomforum View Post
    I've played Diablo 3 and stopped playing it when they killed the AH. Whatever else they're working on can gtfo along with Kalgan. Just my toxic 2 cents.
    Funny, I resumed playing Diablo 3 when they killed the AH. I think it saved the game.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    lol new project

get ready to shell out 60 bucks for diablo 4, play it for 2 months and stop forever.
    That beats the shit out of 99% of games that cost 60 bucks which last about 12 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Funny, I resumed playing Diablo 3 when they killed the AH. I think it saved the game.
    It absolutely did. The death of the AH and RoS saved the hell out of that game. Went from terrible to really pretty damn great.

Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    Going strong? Are you high? Diablo 3 is a disaster. The amount of people playing it is next to nothing, there's a reason they never mention Diablo 3, but only WoW, HS and OW. D3 generates no money for Blizz, hence there's zero development, which in turn means people cant be bothered to play it.

I haven't played D3 in quite a few months now but I can say with confidence that the game is enjoyable.

But what is more important is that the game engine/graphics/gameplay is still perfectly fine and not dated at all. Meaning there is no reason for a Diablo 4 yet. Anything new they want to do can simply be patched into Diablo 3.

More evidence that this secret project is either a new Diablo 3 expansion or a Diablo 2 remaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really see a World of Diablo happening, it would be far too same-y feeling as WoW, another fantasy MMORPG. If they ever do another MMO it'll either be Starcraft related or completely different IP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/4/9097...-million-units
    Then you have the asian release, console releases and the expansion, then you had the auction house sale tax before it was removed. You'd be dense to think it didn't generate a shit ton of cash for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by tsata View Post
    It's a new game set in the diablo world. There were posts about it a while back. Many believe it's World of Diablo.

Shoot me now, please don't make Diablo an MMO. Fuck that would be a huge letdown. Plus I don't think blizzard is dumb enough to split their audience. You already have one hugely successful MMO and most normal people won't have the time to play both so you'll just be dividing them.

Would love to see Blizzard do a franchise like Harry Potter or Game of Thrones MMORPG style

Would be a match made in heaven
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Maybe, but you weren't making thousands of euros each month, were you?
    ...cause I was

Whatever it is, if it's actually a "new" project, we won't hear about it for probably two more years at least.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    That beats the shit out of 99% of games that cost 60 bucks which last about 12 hours.
    I'm actually very happy to pay 60+ bucks for a quality 12 hour game. There are many ways to make a good game last longer.

I much prefer it to shitty games full of MTX and such, designed to sucker money more than be fun.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Maybe it'll be a Diablo adventure game, I have trouble thinking they'll do a single player game given how they like multiplayer, but almost anything possible. World of Diablo is not at all possible though, they incorporated lots of elements in WoW, it would be way too redundant. Maybe the question is what type of game are they missing in their collection ? Definitely not a racing game xD
    I doubt it'll be an MMO. MMO's are expensive to make, expensive to maintain, and need solid sub base to survive. A World of Diablo MMO would be essentially Blizzard competing against themselves, and that kind of thing tends to piss share holders off.

If they were ever to do Diablo in MMO form, I'd bet it'd be via a WoW xpac. It wouldn't be that hard to explain, since they've already set the alternate dimension and time travel precedents.