Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    Nythendra in 6 pulls, spiderbitch in around 8, ursoc in 11, dragons of nightmare in 17, ilgynoth in a couple of pulls cause we one phased it, Xavius in 21, Such hard game LUL, And this is supposed to be the hardest content in the game
    If you're going to shit talk about how easy the game is and how you killed Mythic Ursoc in 11 pulls, provide proof.

Otherwise we're just going to assume you are completely 100% full of shit.

I agree it would be nice if WoW could go back to being longer lived.

Legion's storytelling is richer than WoD and touches on a lot of past lore but it's so short and fast. More than ever I can feel the "rush you into the raids" design. Which it's nice to be able to see at all with LFR, but again, short and fast.

Like WoD I'll have seen all there is to see in two months and likely quit again.

It needs to be slower and more difficult, in some proportion.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

This games already exists. It's called Wildstar and it failed miserably
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Out of curiosity, how many subscribers do you think WoW would have if it was tuned so that the top guilds in the world found it extremely difficult?
    A lot? People want a challange. The challange In WoW went down from Cataclysm, and so did the subs... TBC was extremely hard, and casual babies complained while others thrived. You actually had tactics, had to CC (Bet you don't know what that even Is If you play from Cataclysm), targeted elimination, cant just spam aoe Into a group and horray... you had to be careful and you felt awesome doing It. Like an adventurer venturing Into a dangereous place, being careful... next expansion we'll be gods, so we might as well just blitzkrieg through mobs with aoe like they're nothing right? It's just not as fun as taking It slow or careful... or If some people want to hurry, give people an easier version of a Dungeon to run through If they don't want a challange. Giving options, that's the key...

Quote Originally Posted by TheNemesis View Post
    A lot? People want a challange. The challange In WoW went down from Cataclysm, and so did the subs...
    The challenge went up in Cata, and subs went down until the challenge went back down again for 4.3.
    By then it was too late to do more than just stop the bleeding.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    The challenge went up in Cata, and subs went down until the challenge went back down again for 4.3.
    By then it was too late to do more than just stop the bleeding.
    I maintain that LK was WoW's peak, but it did cause the irreversible damage of allowing people to progress by spamming dungeons in gear 100 item levels too high.

A problem that resulted from trying to please raiders. Way too much item level inflation because raiders cried for normal, heroic, 10 man, and 25 man all to have different rewards.

It might have been avoided if Blizz implemented some kind of item level scaling. Too late now, unfortunately; everyone got used to fast and easy AOE spam gameplay.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

15+ Year Old Account
    You guys need to check out OP's other threads. Makes this one a lot funnier. Especially read the one which was closed where he complained that he was gkicked after underperforming/yelling at an officer in EN normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    I maintain that LK was WoW's peak, but it did cause the irreversible damage of allowing people to progress by spamming dungeons in gear 100 item levels too high.

A problem that resulted from trying to please raiders. Way too much item level inflation because raiders cried for normal, heroic, 10 man, and 25 man all to have different rewards.

It might have been avoided if Blizz implemented some kind of item level scaling. Too late now, unfortunately; everyone got used to fast and easy AOE spam gameplay.
    Yeah, raiding has become the focus of all this game's development; in order to keep feeding new blood to the machine that is raiding--one that just chews them up and spits them out--Blizzard turned the rest of the game into a funnel designed to throw players into raiding.

Wrath's problem was it didn't innovate enough over TBC--it still had things like Resist fights, though they were easier to gear for, and balancing stats like Hit, Expertise and Defense to arbritary soft and hard caps were annoying at the best of times, let alone when you had to bring iLevel 200 gear to ICC purely for Sindragosa and make sure you hit all the necessary stat caps with your Frost Resist gear as well as with your standard gear.

That's probably why Wrath's growth over TBC was slower.

But yeah, this game would be a lot better without raiding. I'd rather the dev and art time, money and effort get spent on making more quest zones.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    *snip* *spit* laugh*
    Of course you want to keep your armory hidden, you dont want people to know who you are so they cant double check your stories.

You cant keep from raging at your officers in a 10/25 man setting on 'easy'. What makes you think for a second that you'll be allowed on a 40 man raid team if you have a shit attitude and think you are better than everyone else? You probably should focus on fixing yourself and your attitude before you try and 'fix' Wow.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Of course you want to keep your armory hidden, you dont want people to know who you are so they cant double check your stories.

You cant keep from raging at your officers in a 10/25 man setting on 'easy'. What makes you think for a second that you'll be allowed on a 40 man raid team if you have a shit attitude and think you are better than everyone else? You probably should focus on fixing yourself and your attitude before you try and 'fix' Wow.

im not lieing about what have i done , i never said i raided mythic but i have some of the hardest achievements ever especially pvp ones and i also raided en hc and it looked easy but people seem to focus on the difficulty part for some reason , im either bad at english or they are , it wouldnt matter if there was a difficulty higher than mythic if you still was able to see the whole instance in one day on a different difficulty , im not sure if people understand what im saying , the story.... the bosses.... actually matters for the same reason that got...marvel movies.... dc movies.... anime mangas.... would lose all their fan base in a single day if they released the story in one day , when you read a chapter dont you agonize and wait to read the next? thats exactly what raids and bosses are , they are not just some dummies for you to compete with another player who has the bigger penis and can do it faster , there has to be some magic behind raiding , right now raiding is a competetive sport for the hardcores and a boring rushed story for those who value the fun element and the magic/mystery a raid offers , this is also not only bad for players but blizzard aswell , that way they waste their content ultra fast and the biggest part of the fanbase gets bored and quits , that leaves only hardcores to compete with each other over literally nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peukst View Post
    How many mythic Emerald Nightmare bosses have you killed so far ?
    if you check his posts and thread you can answer that... the answer is none.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    You guys need to check out OP's other threads. Makes this one a lot funnier. Especially read the one which was closed where he complained that he was gkicked after underperforming/yelling at an officer in EN normal.
    Saw that... which makes this one utterly comical.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

now i can git gud this bosses and go play another games too.

i enjoy more my days playing a lot of fun things

10+ Year Old Account
    So you have cleared 7/7 mythic?

10+ Year Old Account
    im not lieing about what have i done , i never said i raided mythic but i have some of the hardest achievements ever especially pvp ones and i also raided en hc and it looked easy but people seem to focus on the difficulty part for some reason , im either bad at english or they are , it wouldnt matter if there was a difficulty higher than mythic if you still was able to see the whole instance in one day on a different difficulty , im not sure if people understand what im saying , the story.... the bosses.... actually matters for the same reason that got...marvel movies.... dc movies.... anime mangas.... would lose all their fan base in a single day if they released the story in one day , when you read a chapter dont you agonize and wait to read the next? thats exactly what raids and bosses are , they are not just some dummies for you to compete with another player who has the bigger penis and can do it faster , there has to be some magic behind raiding , right now raiding is a competetive sport for the hardcores and a boring rushed story for those who value the fun element and the magic/mystery a raid offers , this is also not only bad for players but blizzard aswell , that way they waste their content ultra fast and the biggest part of the fanbase gets bored and quits , that leaves only hardcores to compete with each other over literally nothing
    You say you aren't lying, but you wont back up your claims. Which would clearly lead a reasonable person to believe that you are absolutely lying. Show us, give us your armory so we can judge your achievements for ourselves. Now you inflict word salad on us, Why? You cant fix yourself, what makes you think for a second you can 'fix' Wow. Fix yourself and leave 'Fixing' Wow to the professionals, of which you are clearly NOT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    So you have cleared 7/7 mythic?
    If he's cleared EN at all its on Normal, he's got another thread where he's been booted from his guild for raging at an officer over performance issues.

they can simply do as i said above and increase the size of a raid by aton so a guild would have to take casuals to succeed in its goals
    This is the stupidest statement in the whole thread.

Increasing raid size by "aton" whatever that means (I guess "a lot") only means this:
    - more lag
    - more unfriendliness towards low end pcs (those that framerate freeze when you have 100 people nuking a world boss)
    - less raiding guilds

But guilds would never "have to" take casuals. Casuals would sit in the gutter never seeing the inside of a raid, just the best guilds would merge and everyone who weren't accepted into that small pool of guilds would never stand a chance. Kinda same way as casuals couldn't see vanilla Naxx.

Nothing can make top guilds carry worthless weight on their roster, and casuals would only see the raid if they paid hefty price for a boost by the "elite".

Casuals are only taken along on faceroll content (like world bosses).

Players segregate themselves fairly quickly, no one wants to play with someone who is dragging him down.

Yes, I checked OP's thread history, usual case of "I only barely have skill to raid normal but I feel entitled to be taken by the best guilds out there", keep dreaming bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    This post is bad in so many ways.

Hoping for troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of more RNG, I have a better idea. Kill hard boss, get hard loot. I know it's an old vanilla idea, but it works so well that Dark Souls is based around the idea.

I quite like:

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Complains raiding is easy and needs to be harder. Hasn't done mythic raiding. Typical mmo-c superstar. Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    lol reddit.
    yeah not touching it.
    Said the person on mmo-c...

This place is just as cancerous if not more-so.

Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    Nythendra in 6 pulls, spiderbitch in around 8, ursoc in 11, dragons of nightmare in 17, ilgynoth in a couple of pulls cause we one phased it, Xavius in 21, Such hard game LUL, And this is supposed to be the hardest content in the game
    How many Cenarius heh? I agree the others were significantly easier. Even the change to Igly'noth doesn't make the fight overly difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    WoW was never "hard".
    Oh look, it's this absurdity again. But I digress.

OP, while I agree that the adventure guide is kind of silly, placing additional emphasis on players themselves being able to dictate the progress of others is a terrible idea. That you view PvE as competitive rather than cooperative illustrates this nicely.

Mulitple difficulties means people participate where and when they want, in whatever content they want. No, not everyone is going to clear (or even see) mythic, but who cares.