Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That would make me sad, but I'd understand!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Definitely don't care for running the story a second time at a higher difficulty. Even if the rewards were greater, what's the point? so I could run the story AGAIN at yet another higher difficulty? There's no need to have high level gear in this game since the end game blows, so once you finish the story there's zero incentive for me to continue playing, except to maybe play it through as another character, but again not because of rewards but just to play the game as a different class with different mechanics and ways of approaching situations.
    I have a feeling many will take it that way. Even more rewards might not be enough to make someone play the story again and again and again to which they already know the ending to from the first time.

An alt might get them to do it again but for me even that gets limited because the classes are mirrored.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    You're hysterical. The old Westwood team who ran Earth and Beyond could do a better job than Bioware with this IP.
    So much promise and instant devoted fan base with the Star Wars brand. There are some nice things in SWTOR, just not much in lasting power. It is a very in depth single player game that has some so so MMO aspects.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    That trailer was one of the most badass trailers I've seen. Why are these people not making Star Wars movies? Definitely made me want to come back and check out this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaede View Post
    That trailer was one of the most badass trailers I've seen. Why are these people not making Star Wars movies? Definitely made me want to come back and check out this expansion.
    The company is called Blur studios if you didn't know.

You should go to their site and check out some of their work. There are good at what they do. Expensive from what rumors says.

I'd love to see some full length movies from them.

Deleted
    Seeing how amazing Legion is so far I give this expansion zero hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    The datamined spoilers don't fill me with confidence for the future of this game. I won't be surprised if they make this the last expansion.
    Maybe if they stop development of TOR they can make a Star Wars sandbox mmo? I can dream...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    The datamined spoilers don't fill me with confidence for the future of this game. I won't be surprised if they make this the last expansion.
    Frankly, I really wish they would end this game and focus on what they do right. Single Player Story-Driven RPG.

I mean, where's my goddamned epic Star Wars RPG? EA signed the deal with Disney years ago and there's nothing to show on that front. I believe SWTOR is to blame, at least partly.

I really enjoyed my early times with the game, mostly due to the story. I think most people share this sentiment. Now, they're veering of in a single-player direction anyway, but you get all the MMO baggage. Crappy engine, boring combat and breaking of immersion by sharing the universe with thousands of other Outlanders.

Just put the game out of its misery and do a new KOTOR. They can use the Frostbite engine to deliver something magnificent. And it would sell millions since console players would also be able to buy it. It's what they should have done in the first place, but I guess all those WoW dollars were too appealing to ignore.

In any event, they can do it now.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
    Frankly, I really wish they would end this game and focus on what they do right. Single Player Story-Driven RPG.

I mean, where's my goddamned epic Star Wars RPG? EA signed the deal with Disney years ago and there's nothing to show on that front. I believe SWTOR is to blame, at least partly.

I really enjoyed my early times with the game, mostly due to the story. I think most people share this sentiment. Now, they're veering of in a single-player direction anyway, but you get all the MMO baggage. Crappy engine, boring combat and breaking of immersion by sharing the universe with thousands of other Outlanders.

Just put the game out of its misery and do a new KOTOR. They can use the Frostbite engine to deliver something magnificent. And it would sell millions since console players would also be able to buy it. It's what they should have done in the first place, but I guess all those WoW dollars were too appealing to ignore.

In any event, they can do it now.
    So much this. As much as I am enjoying legion, MMOs are unfortunately a dying breed. Give me a real, legitimate KOTOR 3 and you will sell a ton of copies.

One thing I have to wonder after seeing the trailer......

HOW is it that NO ONE is talking about how Vaylin looks like an Evil Nun who looks years older than her MOTHER!!

The trailer is amazing to watch but this is the one thing that sticks with me after seeing it like 5 times lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    One thing I have to wonder after seeing the trailer......

HOW is it that NO ONE is talking about how Vaylin looks like an Evil Nun who looks years older than her MOTHER!!

The trailer is amazing to watch but this is the one thing that sticks with me after seeing it like 5 times lol.
    She took up smoking to help calm her nevers. The chain smoking of spice hasn't been good for skin or looks at all.

I really don't agree that there shouldn't be a Star Wars MMO, but I do agree that it's pretty obvious that SWTOR isn't the one to fill that category anymore.

As far as new SW games from EA I would be very surprised if we don't get an overload of them soon enough to coincide with the release of the new movie. That does not mean any of the will be good (hello Battlefront), but it is almost a guarantee that we will get news soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    As far as new SW games from EA I would be very surprised if we don't get an overload of them soon enough to coincide with the release of the new movie. That does not mean any of the will be good (hello Battlefront), but it is almost a guarantee that we will get news soon.
    Looking at how Battlefront plays out.... is there not a way to incorporate that into an MMO? I mean look at how you can have both Air and Land combat at the same time in the same engine...... I would LOVE to see the good ole days of SWG but we all know that will not happen. But someone REALLY needs to take up that mantle........

Looking at how Battlefront plays out.... is there not a way to incorporate that into an MMO? I mean look at how you can have both Air and Land combat at the same time in the same engine...... I would LOVE to see the good ole days of SWG but we all know that will not happen. But someone REALLY needs to take up that mantle........
    While I agree with you, the business models that EA (and most others, to be fair) are using for current games doesn't fill me with any hope. That's why in part I mentioned Battlefront

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I really don't agree that there shouldn't be a Star Wars MMO, but I do agree that it's pretty obvious that SWTOR isn't the one to fill that category anymore.

Unfortunately there's no overload happening this year or even the next one. This year we'll only get KOTET and a Rogue One DLC for Battlefront. Next year we'll only have Battlefront 2. This time with a campaign, but looking at DICE's past efforts can't say I'm looking forward to it (even if Jade Raymond's studio, Motive, is colaborating on that).

Only in 2018 can we expect to see the Amy Hennig/Visceral Star Wars game. From what the rumours say it's gonna be some sort of Star Wars meets Uncharted. Makes sense, considering who's behind it. If so, it will be fun but brief experience, I'd imagine.

Then perhaps in 2019 we'll get Stig Asmussen/Respawns's game. From the looks of it, seems to be some sort of lightsaber brawler in the vein of God of War and Force Unleashed, perhaps.

In short, no overload and no RPG in sight. Which makes sense, Bioware is EA's RPG studio. Unfortunately, Bioware got its hands full with Mass Effect, their new IP, Dragon Age and Swtor.

Now, if Bioware Austin could be relinquished of its obligations, a Star Wars RPG might be possible.

I agree that there's room for Star Wars MMO, one not focused on story, but on emerging gameplay and cooperative experiences. That's the point of MMOs, not personal stories...

At worse, some sort of light MMO in the vein of Destiny and The Division.

I just don't see which of EA's studios could do it. Worse, I don't see EA risking another venture like that. Fully fledged MMOs are dying.

if another star wars mmo is ever made, i would prefer it to be very open galaxy. like, choose where you start off, what culture you come from. mandalorion, coruscant, some other alien culture. then you just start out as a person. no class choice, nothing like that. maybe at creation you could pick force sensitive or not, but not have that effect anything except whether or not you can get training in force abilities.

then you basically set out to do whatever to earn credits. start you off with a free house that you keep as a home base or something. basically live real life in a game, kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if another star wars mmo is ever made, i would prefer it to be very open galaxy. like, choose where you start off, what culture you come from. mandalorion, coruscant, some other alien culture. then you just start out as a person. no class choice, nothing like that. maybe at creation you could pick force sensitive or not, but not have that effect anything except whether or not you can get training in force abilities.

then you basically set out to do whatever to earn credits. start you off with a free house that you keep as a home base or something. basically live real life in a game, kinda.
    Sooooooo Star Wars Galaxy Reborn? MAN do I really miss that game. Almost makes me want to hunt down the CDs on EBay and go join SWGEmu

Sooooooo Star Wars Galaxy Reborn? MAN do I really miss that game. Almost makes me want to hunt down the CDs on EBay and go join SWGEmu
    similar, but not exact really. maybe not as mind numbing and grueling as SWG was... and definitely not ps1 graphics, but not battlefront graphics either. maybe ESO graphics, they're good and kinda realistic, but not enough to devour the firstborn computers of the world's populace.

being a smuggler would be dope, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
    Unfortunately there's no overload happening this year or even the next one. This year we'll only get KOTET and a Rogue One DLC for Battlefront. Next year we'll only have Battlefront 2. This time with a campaign, but looking at DICE's past efforts can't say I'm looking forward to it (even if Jade Raymond's studio, Motive, is colaborating on that).

Only in 2018 can we expect to see the Amy Hennig/Visceral Star Wars game. From what the rumours say it's gonna be some sort of Star Wars meets Uncharted. Makes sense, considering who's behind it. If so, it will be fun but brief experience, I'd imagine.

Then perhaps in 2019 we'll get Stig Asmussen/Respawns's game. From the looks of it, seems to be some sort of lightsaber brawler in the vein of God of War and Force Unleashed, perhaps.

In short, no overload and no RPG in sight. Which makes sense, Bioware is EA's RPG studio. Unfortunately, Bioware got its hands full with Mass Effect, their new IP, Dragon Age and Swtor.

Now, if Bioware Austin could be relinquished of its obligations, a Star Wars RPG might be possible.

I agree that there's room for Star Wars MMO, one not focused on story, but on emerging gameplay and cooperative experiences. That's the point of MMOs, not personal stories...

At worse, some sort of light MMO in the vein of Destiny and The Division.

I just don't see which of EA's studios could do it. Worse, I don't see EA risking another venture like that. Fully fledged MMOs are dying.
    I am not quite in the loop, so I will take your word for all the above info. Thanks.

The only thing I would say is that with the new film(s) breaking records in terms of revenue, I would imagine that someone somewhere in EA would be like "let's tap into that goldmine" and from the above it seems kind of spaced out. There were hints at some stage for a proper space sim (the speculation was that it would like X-Wing or Tie-Fighter- and yes, we do need a proper SW space sim, too!), but that was a while ago. But I would settle for any MMO that doesn't go full-on "this is your personal story so you are actually playing a single-player game" shite. I play and enjoy MMOs for the interaction with other players, not because I need the game to tell me that I am The One, single-player games do that already just fine tyvm.

Question. Does TOR drop a pre-expansion patch, similar to how WoW does? Like a few weeks to a month before the expansion actually launches. The patch usually contains things like class changes and stuff. Or does all that come at the same time in December when the expansion hits?