Page 1 of 49
... LastLast

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood

May as well get discussion going with this. I'll try to update this post when I can:

Official NA site

Job guides

- Release date: June 20, 2017 (June 16 being go live for early access, acquire by preordering)
    - Story will be focused on liberating Ala Mhigo from the Garleans
    - We're going to Othard! Doma and it's surrounding areas will be part of Stormblood, and will comprise a significant part of the zones we'll be exploring.
    - MNK will be the "job" central to the story, kinda like how DRG was in HW
    - Level cap goes up to 70
    - "revamped battle system" and "additional skill system overhaul"; more to be had on this with the Live Letter at the end of May
    - New dungeons and raids; no surprise there, really, but interesting note is story and normal modes on even number patches...so maybe savage ones later? Not sure what to expect there
    - Eureka, the Forbidden Lands, which is apparently going to be 14 version of Dynamis (I have no idea what that entails; any FF11 vets would, I believe)
    - Item inventory expansion; 40 more inventory slots and 10 more slots per armory slot (aka, weapon slot total goes from 25 to 35...same with the other gear slots)
    - New housing area, Shirogane, located in Othard, thus Doman in design/aesthetic
    - 2 new jobs: Red Mage and Samurai. Both are DPS, and both start at level 50. Both will be accessible after clearing the 2.0 story line (so you don't have to go through all of ARR + HW MSQ to play the new jobs). SAM will share gear with MNK and be Str based; RDM will share caster (Int) gear.

Unofficial but very detailed listing of all things Stormblood

Stormblood benchmark now available: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/

Full Stormblood trailer:

Stormblood benchmark video:

Revolutions (Stormblood theme; SPOILERS):

New job actions:

Launch trailer (SPOILERS):

Last edited by Kazgrel; 2017-06-16 at 02:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello

so only 2 new classes? dancer and another caster?

Quote Originally Posted by cocoapuffs View Post
    That wasn't a dancer. They were monks they said in the stream. Red Mage essentially confirmed by Yoshidas shirt.

I bet it'll be Red Mage & Monk. Erm...Samurai
    Last edited by Khalus; 2016-10-14 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    That wasn't a dancer. They were monks they said in the stream. Red Mage essentially confirmed by Yoshidas shirt.
    Technically didn't they say the warrior of light is a monk this time and monk takes center stage. That looked like yda dressed as one of the blade dancers of ala mhigo from 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Khalus View Post
    I bet it'll be Red Mage & Monk.
    Red Mage is already confirmed by the Scarlet Witch shirt Yoshi was wearing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Technically didn't they say the warrior of light is a monk this time and monk takes center stage. That looked like yda dressed as one of the blade dancers of ala mhigo from 1.0
    They did say derplander was a monk I'm sure.

Yoshi-P wore a t-shirt of Marvel's Scarlet Witch, said that was the only hint he'd give at this time
    So... Red Mage confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Khalus View Post
    I bet it'll be Red Mage & Monk.
    Uh...monk has been in the game since forever. It'll be the job of focus, a la dragoon in Heavensward.

cinematic character looked A LOT like a dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Uh...monk has been in the game since forever. It'll be the job of focus, a la dragoon in Heavensward.
    Yeah, I wasn't thinking when they said Monk themed expansion. It should be Samurai & Red Mage{seeing as he already confirmed it like he did Dark Knight} and those 2 classes are two most asked for and would make sense for the theme of the expansion.

As others have said though, SAM I hope remains DD, and RDM please don't make them a healer as they turned into for XI. Both of these classes would be unique debuffers as originally intended.
    Last edited by Khalus; 2016-10-14 at 07:42 PM.

that looked more like a dancer than a female monk

that looked more like a dancer than a female monk
    There is speculation that the female is actually Yda. Fuck it it's speculation and the tag didn't work so we don't know even if it's true yet.

There is speculation that the female is actually Yda. Fuck it it's speculation and the tag didn't work so we don't know even if it's true yet.
    i need to rewatch for a closeup of the mound, to be able to know if its yda or not

for science?

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    cinematic character looked A LOT like a dancer.
    In 1.0 Ala Mhigo was known for its Dancers known as "Blade Dancers" and you ran into one and a few items were craftable in connection to them but all got removed in ARR.

if it was Yda, didnt she have the tattoo on her neck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't all the trailers been just generic characters?

I kind of wished I played 1.0, want to see some of the difference and all that. Even if it did suck from a technical and game point of view it's always an interesting thing to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Haven't all the trailers been just generic characters?

I kind of wished I played 1.0, want to see some of the difference and all that. Even if it did suck from a technical and game point of view it's always an interesting thing to see.
    There is always a warrior of light stand in to represent the player the traielrs tell his story with HW having him escaping uldah to become a dragoon and now hes a monk apparently. Estinien was in the HW trailer and obviously CID and the grand company leaders among others were in ARR's.

-bare in mind Ala Mhigans are most commonly a light tea skin colour and a blonde haired, fair skinned fist fighter sounds awfully familiar...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    There is always a warrior of light stand in to represent the player the traielrs tell his story with HW having him escaping uldah to become a dragoon and now hes a monk apparently. Estinien was in the HW trailer and obviously CID and the grand company leaders among others were in ARR's.

-bare in mind Ala Mhigans are most commonly a light tea skin colour and a blonde haired, fair skinned fist fighter sounds awfully familiar...
    Guess there is that trailer, though it seems to be more of the exception than the rule so far.

TOTALLY NOT YDA YOU GUYS, SWEAR ON ME MUM.

*its totally Yda