Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not an announcement of the next expansion, but a preview of patches beyond 7.1 is very likely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    So you're happy with the huge amount of RNG, god awful class balancing, non account wide AK, too many difficulties and more RNG? If so great! I'm not here to argue if Legion is a success or not.
    RNG has always been RNG. That didn't change with Legion. Balance is very close overall. Every DPS class has a competitive spec. Tanks and Healers are as even as they get.

Alts are Alts. If you want to play a second character you need to put the time into it. There shouldn't be some advantage to playing the second character because you don't want to put the time into it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    either you are casual or pro don't matter. they did fuck up, right now it feels like diablo 4 with worse graphics and less gore

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They didn't fuck Legion up. It's doing pretty well considering and it's not even over yet.
    Nah this expansion is actually pretty awful. It's not as bad as WoD, but it's still pretty bad. Class balance is the worst it's been in probably a decade, which is compounded by their emphasis on pushing the group finder tool with Mythics and N EN pugs - There are not just specs but entirely classes where pugging isn't viable because of the reputation that the class has due to balancing issues.

Actually the manual group finding nature of Mythic dungeons is what is going to kill the feature because at the moment if you're DPS and even if you're one of the classes / specs that is considered "viable" it''s pretty interesting trying to get into a group. I won the class lottery by selecting hunter and choosing to play marks, I can get into groups pretty well, but my DK alt? Hah. My friend who chose to play a warlock? Nope. And the WoW subreddit and official forums are filled with people complaining about how much of a cockblock Mythic dungeons requiring manual group finding for the minimal difficulty. For your average and even somewhat above average player Mythics are way too inaccessible, and yet there is such a focus on them. The game literally shoves you in that direction.

Same with Normal mode raids. Want to pug? Same issue as Mythics. Want to join a guild? Good luck. Want to just run LFR like you've done for the past 3 expansions? Well now you've got quests, for cosmetics mind you, that you can't do unless you hop into normal+. Fun times.

Well at least you can log in every day and do that artifact power grind so that your weapon can be more powerful for that content that you don't get to do.

At least it will get better over time right? No, it actually gets worse with each passing week. As the average item level of players goes up, the average ilevel requirement for pugs does as well.

But at least you can still PvP. Or not, the balance there is still awful.

So while I'm not having any issues doing Mythic dungeons on my main and I've pugged a bit of normal EN, I totally understand why all of my casual friends have stopped playing, why all of my friends that are anything less than super hardcore have stopped playing. That 10 million player number recently? That has definitely dropped rapidly since launch.

As far as expansions go I feel that this one will be the one with the absolute lowest amount of casual engagement, and as subs plummet Blizzard will panic (again) and casualize the shit out of everything to win them back, and then nobody will be happy.

All they really had to do was add Mythic to the LFD tool but keep Mythic+ set up the way that Mythic currently is - And consolidate LFR and Normal, but make it queue-able. Normal is honestly not difficult, and while it would be uncomfortable for LFR players for a few weeks until they realized they'd have to pay attention to mechanics, it would eventually sort itself out.

Deleted
    There is no way a exp. pack for WoW will come in this blizzcon, maybe a big new patch feature might happen tho (sub-races my hope)

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Nah this expansion is actually pretty awful. It's not as bad as WoD, but it's still pretty bad. Class balance is the worst it's been in probably a decade, which is compounded by their emphasis on pushing the group finder tool with Mythics and N EN pugs - There are not just specs but entirely classes where pugging isn't viable because of the reputation that the class has due to balancing issues.

Actually the manual group finding nature of Mythic dungeons is what is going to kill the feature because at the moment if you're DPS and even if you're one of the classes / specs that is considered "viable" it''s pretty interesting trying to get into a group. I won the class lottery by selecting hunter and choosing to play marks, I can get into groups pretty well, but my DK alt? Hah. My friend who chose to play a warlock? Nope. And the WoW subreddit and official forums are filled with people complaining about how much of a cockblock Mythic dungeons requiring manual group finding for the minimal difficulty. For your average and even somewhat above average player Mythics are way too inaccessible, and yet there is such a focus on them. The game literally shoves you in that direction.

Same with Normal mode raids. Want to pug? Same issue as Mythics. Want to join a guild? Good luck. Want to just run LFR like you've done for the past 3 expansions? Well now you've got quests, for cosmetics mind you, that you can't do unless you hop into normal+. Fun times.

Well at least you can log in every day and do that artifact power grind so that your weapon can be more powerful for that content that you don't get to do.

At least it will get better over time right? No, it actually gets worse with each passing week. As the average item level of players goes up, the average ilevel requirement for pugs does as well.

But at least you can still PvP. Or not, the balance there is still awful.

So while I'm not having any issues doing Mythic dungeons on my main and I've pugged a bit of normal EN, I totally understand why all of my casual friends have stopped playing, why all of my friends that are anything less than super hardcore have stopped playing. That 10 million player number recently? That has definitely dropped rapidly since launch.

As far as expansions go I feel that this one will be the one with the absolute lowest amount of casual engagement, and as subs plummet Blizzard will panic (again) and casualize the shit out of everything to win them back, and then nobody will be happy.

All they really had to do was add Mythic to the LFD tool but keep Mythic+ set up the way that Mythic currently is - And consolidate LFR and Normal, but make it queue-able. Normal is honestly not difficult, and while it would be uncomfortable for LFR players for a few weeks until they realized they'd have to pay attention to mechanics, it would eventually sort itself out.
    class balance is crap this expansion.
    i have never seen so many benched specs and classes.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    So.

You don't want to do dungeons.
    You don't want to raid.
    You don't even want to do WQ's apparently.

Have you ever considered that maybe WoW just isn't the game for you?
    I enjoyed this game once. I'd like to do so again. Obviously making my disapproval known is one to steps to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Did it? I'll agree it's not one of their latest top works, but it's FAR from having flopped.

- - - Updated - - -

You must be playing a different game than all of us then...

All that hatred... do you play an arms warrior or a frost dk?
    Ret pala, marksmanship hunter and havoc demon hunter. In that order.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    nighthold wont even be out, let alone 7.1, you "hope" for 7.3 info? if anything you should be hoping for 7.2 info...
    Well, they just announced 7.1 is dropping October 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well, they just announced 7.1 is dropping October 25.
    so yeah we will prob get 7.2 info, but NO WAY we are getting 7.3 info...

Deleted
    No. lookting at the table there is nothing about the next xpac. Other games will be more important this bcon especially DIABLO.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I enjoyed this game once. I'd like to do so again. Obviously making my disapproval known is one to steps to that.
    Saying "I don't like it" is not exactly constructive criticism.

What did you like before? What specifically do you not like now?

Dungeons and Raids have pretty much always been the focal point of max level content. If you don't like those things...what was it that you did like?

Daily Quests? Well, World Quests are pretty much the same animal...except they don't take up space in your quest log and there's no max limit to how many you can do in a day (other than the total number of WQ's available in a 24 hours period).
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-10-14 at 08:57 PM.

nighthold wont even be out, let alone 7.1, you "hope" for 7.3 info? if anything you should be hoping for 7.2 info...
    It's Blizzcon, there should be some information you know? Plenty of it actually.

15+ Year Old Account
    so yeah we will prob get 7.2 info, but NO WAY we are getting 7.3 info...
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if they drop some hints about what will come in 7.3 or even further down the line.

I guess we will have more information about the next patch contents but not a new raid, not until at least next year.

No chance. Gamescom or Blizzcon 2017 is when we're gonna get the announcement. "What's Next" panel on this year's Blizzcon is gonna be 7.2 announcement and possibly even a teaser trailer like the first Karazhan one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Saying "I don't like it" is not exactly constructive criticism.

What did you like before? What specifically do you not like now?

Dungeons and Raids have pretty much always been the focal point of max level content. If you don't like those things...what was it that you did like?

Daily Quests? Well, World Quests are pretty much the same animal...except they don't take up space in your quest log and there's no max limit to how many you can do in a day (other than the total number of WQ's available in a 24 hours period).
    The thing I enjoyed most about the 'old' days was justice/valor, it felt like a better way to unlock gear than the RNG shit-show we have now. Another thing that ties into this is scenarios. Smaller group content with near instant que times felt great and it was a better way of telling story than other group content because there was less rush. In dungeons you get kicked for being too slow and in raids you're too busy paying attention to the mechanics. The only dungeons that come close to this are the 4.3 ones. The gear and valour didn't hurt either.

Also progressive story unlocking in 5.1 and 5.2 was way more interesting than what they did with the nightfallen. The nightfallen quests feel too much like the generic quests we see in every zone. Far too many busywork quests and not enough story progression.

Every rep in MoP had its own questline, from the tillers to the domination offensive, in legion these storylines became leveling zones and any rep after that doesn't feel like it's building to something, in part because it feels like you should already be 'exalted' story wise and in part because reputation rewards are so sucky and uninteresting.

Getting things randomly just doesn't feel as good as seeing something you want from a vendor and working towards it either via rep or some form of non-gold currency.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic, but I felt the need to write this down.

Misleading titles like that is annoying like heck man, at least put an ? ffs

Forget another expansion, I need WoW to end. Sick of this MMORPG and I'm ready for Star Citizen. I want a brand new Warcraft RTS taking place immediately after Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne, and a Warcraft Adventure refined and completed, taking place between the events of Warcraft II - Tides of Darkness and Warcraft III - Reign of Chaos.

Deleted
    They will annouce Legacy servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarnova View Post
    Forget another expansion, I need WoW to end. Sick of this MMORPG and I'm ready for Star Citizen. I want a brand new Warcraft RTS taking place immediately after Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne, and a Warcraft Adventure refined and completed, taking place between the events of Warcraft II - Tides of Darkness and Warcraft III - Reign of Chaos.
    Sorry no, expansions don't need to end. RTS is fine but it doesn't bring the same experience WoW does.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi