Page 59 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    1> Dean doesn't have the Mark of Cain any more, so he's no longer an invincible murder-beast, which was a BIG part of why he was smacking so many people around recently.

2> She doesn't have "battle experience". She's part of a group that's trained themselves for centuries to battle the supernatural, including gods and demons. They haven't had a monster-related fatality in Britain in decades. That means not a single demon taking a single host, for instance. Because the wards fire, they show up and kick its ass, and Bob's your uncle. She's specifically trained to beat the shit out of angels and the like. Sam and Dean are the best in their amateur circuit, but they've just run up against the pros.
    I'd argue the pros are Sam and Dean, they have actually have experience. The British only have textbook knowledge and training as they apparently detect and trap everything as soon as it hits the shore.(which seem pretty unbelievable, I thought Crowley went there recently)

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I'd argue the pros are Sam and Dean, they have actually have experience. The British only have textbook knowledge and training as they apparently detect and trap everything as soon as it hits the shore.(which seem pretty unbelievable, I thought Crowley went there recently)
    I'm sure as the season progresses she will learn it's a harder job keeping people safe in America and Sam and Dean are not such rookies after all and have to deal with the big bad shit

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    To be fair. The appearance of that actor as Lucifer was only needed because he never took another vessel. Now he has to take another vessel to be on Earth. Which means a different actor.

Priorities and consistency over favouritism.
    Pretty sure they just can't afford Pellegrino for a whole season. Everyone loves him, they'd be foolish not to get him if that was an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    This is directly contrary to what was stated in the show.

Sam and Dean make it up as they go. That's a core part of the show. They have some minor access to lore books (better, now that they took over the Men of Letters base), but there's very much a seat-of-the-pants dynamic.

The British don't just have "textbook knowledge". They didn't say nothing shows up, they heavily implied that stuff shows up constantly, and they murder it in the face in minutes every time. It's the difference between a couple of small-town local sheriffs who have no official training, and the peak agents and strike teams of the FBI who specialize in tracking down most-wanted criminals.

Sam and Dean are really good amateurs, with a ton of natural talent and good intuition, but they're not pros.

Sam and Dean are really good amateurs, with a ton of natural talent and good intuition, but they're not pros.
    If beating the Devil, God's sister, and the mother of all monsters doesn't make you a pro I don't know what does.

This is directly contrary to what was stated in the show.

Sam and Dean make it up as they go.
    Well yeah they make it up as the go if they dont have any info in johns books or from other hunters but they have actual experience fighting things which is by what I mean the are pros. The men of letters started on the show as the bookworms who knew stuff but the hunters were the people who actually got stuff done. And this kinda shows in this last episode when Sam fools the head woman.

And I didn't say nothing shows up its just that its trapped and killed before there is a need to fight it. They are supposedly amazingly effective at killing things but if something just attacked them they wouldn't be as effective because they aren't prepared. Whereas Dean and Sam make it up as they go.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    If beating the Devil, God's sister, and the mother of all monsters doesn't make you a pro I don't know what does.
    Dean is the shield from darkness. He doesn't need to be a pro. He's a chosen defender, picked by God himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Of course, in most of those cases, things were going south largely because of Sam and Dean. While they've put those genies back in their respective bottles, they're usually the two who uncorked 'em in the first place.

Which is fine; God was using them. I'm not attacking them. I'm just saying it's kind of like bragging that you're the best at fighting off rabid wolves regularly in your city, when someone in another city is all "why do you even HAVE rabid wolves in your city? Jesus Christ."

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Dean is the shield from darkness. He doesn't need to be a pro. He's a chosen defender, picked by God himself
    Yes, but God thinks highly of humility, which is why he also gets pummeled on the regular.

I really think people forget how much shit Dean's had kicked out of himself over the years. Losing a fight isn't new.

7+ Year Old Account

Yes, but God thinks highly of humility, which is why he also gets pummeled on the regular.

I really think people forget how much shit Dean's had kicked out of himself over the years. Losing a fight isn't new.
    I agree, check my first post about it. I said dean normally always takes a hit or two then makes the knock out like a rocky movie. That last comment was more about pros and amateur ranks don't apply to sam and Dean. They are chosen god tier level

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Well that was bad, I used to love this show so much but its just so different now, they should've stopped a long time ago. I miss the days before angels came into the picture :'(
    Well if you dont like the show dont bitch but stop watching.
    Many people like me like that Supernatural is still going strong and good.

Winter Blossom: hey lil'hater if you had seen S11 you would realize bringing the Winchesters Mom back makes actually sense. But hey hating is easy, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Winter Blossom: hey lil'hater if you had seen S11 you would realize bringing the Winchesters Mom back makes actually sense. But hey hating is easy, right?
    And it's not like they dangled it out there for no reason. Her death was a flashpoint in their lives. They both had a conclusion last season that justified the possibility, AND they're dealing with the emotional fallout it means. So far, I'm really happy with how they're going with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Any true supernatural fan would be happy Dean finally gets a break. Dudes done enough and it was clear in the dark side of the moon episode he was really close to his mother so it was a fitting reward for helping Amara.

His face when he finally got a hug was heart breaking. Such a talented actor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any true supernatural fan would be happy Dean finally gets a break. Dudes done enough and it was clear in the dark side of the moon episode he was really close to his mother so it was a fitting reward for helping Amara.

His face when he finally got a hug was heart breaking. Such a talented actor.
    Hell with that. When he was proving to his mom who he was, and he started rattling off everything he knew about her and his dad, off the top of his head, with every detail memorized, when it's "books and studying are for losers" Dean Winchester doing it, that said volumes.

Best part of the episode, IMO, and it's all down to Ackles.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hell with that. When he was proving to his mom who he was, and he started rattling off everything he knew about her and his dad, off the top of his head, with every detail memorized, when it's "books and studying are for losers" Dean Winchester doing it, that said volumes.

Best part of the episode, IMO, and it's all down to Ackles.
    I just said Jensen is a talented actor, why are you disagreeing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just said Jensen is a talented actor, why are you disagreeing?
    I phrased that poorly (but will leave it as-is with this as a response), but I meant "to hell with those saying what you're posting against".

7+ Year Old Account
    I phrased that poorly (but will leave it as-is with this as a response), but I meant "to hell with those saying what you're posting against".
    Ohok fair enough. But yeah Jensen is awesome. And even Jared was great in this episode who can defiantly be dicey sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohok fair enough. But yeah Jensen is awesome. And even Jared was great in this episode who can defiantly be dicey sometimes.
    If I have one complaint about Supernatural, it's that Ackles is so committed to the show (in a good way) that he doesn't do much else other than voice work here and there. He's got a lot of range, and good comedic timing (he's usually the best part of the "fun" shows), but this is his one "thing" he's really doing.

7+ Year Old Account
    If I have one complaint about Supernatural, it's that Ackles is so committed to the show (in a good way) that he doesn't do much else other than voice work here and there. He's got a lot of range, and good comedic timing (he's usually the best part of the "fun" shows), but this is his one "thing" he's really doing.
    Yeah I've always looked at it if supernatural ended it wouldn't be that bad because I would really like to see him in other projects, mainly action focused stuff with humor aspects. He would kill it in a marvel film or other big blockbuster type movies like mission impossible etc. Supernatural is such a timewhore show he only has time for minor projects like the red hood animated movie voice work. Which of course was great

I liked Ackles in The Red Hood movie. That whole movie was great, it did take me a second to get used to a non Kevin Conroy Batman and a non Mark Hamill Joker though.

Quote Originally Posted by otszx View Post
    I was dissapointed as well by Dean and Cas getting outclassed by 1 woman. I guess they made it like this so that Mary has to save them. The british chick had the unbeatable plot armor. Also, Sam could have easily escaped by just taking the taser-thingy before trying to leave. Other than that, I loved the episode.
    agree, Sam shoulda been smart enough to take that womans taser. I mean single handedly he could probably beat her but not when hes getting electrocuted plus his ankles were fried recently. Sam needs to be smarter, but in the heat of the moment maybe he forgot, or the drug made him slip, who knows?
    Dean getting his ass kicked by a woman, we can blame that on the enchanted brass knuckles.