10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Fury got a direct answer from Ion on the Q&A. 7.1 is going to have the +damage on enrage be 20%, 15% w/Warpaint. Absolutely no mentions of mechanical changes such as massacre baseline or juggernaut retuned.

FUCK
    The mechanical changes are needed, but with the damage buffs Fury would be middle of the pack DPS wise, so not terrible or anything.

Fury will most likely still be in a pretty shit place if the PTR buffs are the final ones for 7.1.

We might finally be good after we get a couple more of these incremental changes, maybe sometime after Nighthold or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    who cares about the future changes? we need changes now for the nighthold, i dont care about changes they will make in the summer for the new expansion, ill be playing mage by then.
    The Nighthold won't be out until at least Jan. They have time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgarth View Post
    The Nighthold won't be out until at least Jan. They have time.
    Like uhm... all the time in beta ? For 2 expansions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Like uhm... all the time in beta ? For 2 expansions ?
    They acknowledged they made mistakes. They've done some work to correct issues, and they said they're continuing to look into fixing things. Assuming they don't have access to time travel, their only option is to move forward and correct their mistakes. What more would you have them do to correct the issue?
    Last edited by Thorgarth; 2016-10-14 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgarth View Post
    They acknowledged they made mistakes. They've done some work to correct issues, and they said they're continuing to look into fixing things. Assuming they don't have access to time travel, their only option is to move forward and correct their mistakes. What more would you have them do to correct the issue?
    arent you an optimistic one ? lmao, with thinking like that fury will continue to be shit 3 expansions in the future. There is plenty of good feedback on blizz forums but they arent doing any of it they are just taking a lazy route of buffing some damage shit by 8-10% like that will change anything.

Acknowledging they made a mistake and are actually trying to fix it is more than the class has gotten for the last 2.5 years. That's at least kind of positive

Quote Originally Posted by Trmp View Post
    Do not get to emotional

The Patch 7.1 changes are a band-aid, some redesign in the future will probably be necessary.

They are working on it
    Ya, don't worry about being stuck with a terrible spec for 7 or 8 months. And please stop saying I told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
    Ya, don't worry about being stuck with a terrible spec for 7 or 8 months. And please stop saying I told you so.
    Terrible is subjective. Also, where are you getting 7 to 8 months?

They have acknowledging they have made a mistake
    They are working on it with all the feedback they have gotten
    So in the meantime a decent buff is in place, but do not expect a mechanic change between now and tomorrow

Sit the hell down and ride it out, be grateful with the decent buff that is coming
    There is no reason to be the nagging kid
    We are being helped so be patient

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
    Am doing fine thank you
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=13 even died at execute phase

Fury still a liability in raids and PvP. Still not worth taking. If they really wanted to try they'd remove the +damage taken and remove the +hp as well.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Fury still a liability in raids and PvP. Still not worth taking. If they really wanted to try they'd remove the +damage taken and remove the +hp as well.
    i can understand that as fury yet i can also understand there vision of the fury berserker warrior... while i'm glad with this "band-aid" for now i hope the reworks they announced will come before nighthold or with nighthold.

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Trmp View Post
    They have acknowledging they have made a mistake
    They are working on it with all the feedback they have gotten
    So in the meantime a decent buff is in place, but do not expect a mechanic change between now and tomorrow

Sit the hell down and ride it out, be grateful with the decent buff that is coming
    There is no reason to be the nagging kid
    We are being helped so be patient

- - - Updated - - -

Am doing fine thank you
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=13 even died at execute phase
    It only took them about a year to realize their mistakes
    But it remains to be seen if they really have learned from it.

Yeah, that damage is bad.
    Last edited by Kelato; 2016-10-14 at 11:23 PM.

I love that log because the Enhance Shaman who got 65% was able to beat a Fury doing 90%. That's terrible anyway you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Einchy View Post
    I love that log because the Enhance Shaman who got 65% was able to beat a Fury doing 90%. That's terrible anyway you look at it.
    well really its 75 percentile Fury vs 46 percentile Ehn,. when you account for ilvl.

MR PEDANTIC MAN .... AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (Rhokaln:Hyjal)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I do understand the concerns for Fury in PvP, but in PvE I simply don't.

I don't know if I'm misunderstanding your usage of "liability" but Fury has higher effective health than most other classes, if you take Warpaint (the difference is made larger if Enrage isn't currently on you, or if you've got Battle Scars). Removing the Enrage damage increase and lowering our health would make us squisher than we are now, so if that's really your concern you should readjust and think again.

they didn't acknowledge anything other than they ignored everything we've said and every change they're planing is to make us feel like they're changing something because we only feel like we're bad and we're actually good

So I logged into PTR and saw many tooltips that show abilities that like BT, RB, Execute, etc. all have an increased damage vs. live servers. However Enrage damange is still 30% and Warpaint still only mitigates that to 20%.

I looked at the patch notes and there is no mention of any buffs to Fury damage or reduction in damage, so are these changes coming that are in PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Escapevelocity View Post
    So I logged into PTR and saw many tooltips that show abilities that like BT, RB, Execute, etc. all have an increased damage vs. live servers. However Enrage damange is still 30% and Warpaint still only mitigates that to 20%.

I looked at the patch notes and there is no mention of any buffs to Fury damage or reduction in damage, so are these changes coming that are in PTR?
    Every Fury ability got about an 8% damage buff; notes aren't updated. Enrage hasn't been lowered yet, but sounds like it will be soon. Honestly, with the damage buffs + enrage change Fury PVP might actually be OK. Especially since we'll be able to take the charge talent that makes bloodthirst heal for 12% HP over war paint (though warpaint might still be better).

I wish they'd revert the old strength reduction (Fury's template has 85% str), then Fury would be great. But with no damage penalty on stuff like Odyn's Fury in PvP, our burst is going to be pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Einchy View Post
    Fury will most likely still be in a pretty shit place if the PTR buffs are the final ones for 7.1.

We might finally be good after we get a couple more of these incremental changes, maybe sometime after Nighthold or something.
    I don't know, an 8-11% buff is pretty good. And the thing is they are just straight up buffing everything so Fury's already good AoE is getting better. For M+ at least, Fury is going to be pretty damn great. For raids, probably middle of the pack I'm guessing, perhaps an inch below the average.

Baby steps I suppose, but I think the buff is still nice overall. Most of us wanted about a 10% ST buff, no? Well this is basically a 10% everything buff lol, ST and AoE. If only they'd increase Juggernaut stack duration to 10s, would be perfect.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-10-15 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    I don't know, an 8-11% buff is pretty good. And the thing is they are just straight up buffing everything so Fury's already good AoE is getting better. For M+ at least, Fury is going to be pretty damn great. For raids, probably middle of the pack I'm guessing, perhaps an inch below the average.

Baby steps I suppose, but I think the buff is still nice overall. Most of us wanted about a 10% ST buff, no? Well this is basically a 10% everything buff lol, ST and AoE. If only they'd increase Juggernaut stack duration to 10s, would be perfect.
    Except it's not an 8-10% buff, it's an 8% buff to some of our ability damage, which does not make up the complete sum of our damage.

Bloodthirst, Execute, Raging Blow, Rampage, and Furious Slash are all being buffed by 8%, and Odyn's Fury by a ~13%, however those abilities don't make up the sum total of Fury's damage, so it's hardly an 8% buff in the end. Most notably, auto-attack damage, which makes up ~20% of Fury's single target damage, is not being buffed.

• Bloodthirst only makes up about 8.5% of our single target damage (less on shorter fights which are weighted toward Pots/OF burst). Increasing that damage by 8% only ends up buffing our total damage by ~0.68%.
    • Execute makes up (on an Ursoc length fight with Massacre) ~17.5% of our damage. Buffing that by 8% equates to an extra ~1.4%.
    • Rampage is a similar ~16% (combined) damage, and so gains an extra 1.28
    • Raging Blow is the most sizable at ~20% of our damage, allowing an 8% buff to gain ~1.6% more overall damage.
    • Odyn's Fury's direct damage (note the DoT damage is not being buffed) makes up ~5% of total damage, increasing our overall by ~0.4%.
    • Furious Slash is still trivial at a mere 2% total damage, and so its increase is a mere 0.16% increase.
    *Note: numbers are not 100% accurate, only meant to give a quick overview of how individual ability damage makes up increments of the whole.

Grand total? Fury gains about 5.52% overall damage. Certainly nothing to complain about, but a far cry from the 8-10% it may seem to be at first glance.

Arms is still going to be better, and Fury left without any sort of niche to fill. As has been stated multiple times, the biggest issue is with Juggernaut - if fully 1/3 of the artifact is going to be devoted to empowering Execute, it needs to make Execute relevant in all situations in which it can be used, not only those very few abnormally long raid fights. Fixing that would go much further toward making Fury a relevant and desired spec, even if it's not strictly "the best".