Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    To be totally honest, I don't even care anymore. The bait has been dangled over us for so long that, now that Legion is released and we still never actually see them ingame, I simply just can't give a damn.

I feel like Blizzard drank their own kool-aid a little too hard in believing how passionately the playerbase gave a damn about these characters. I can say personally despite having played all the RTS games and liking Turalyon and Alleria, I just can't be bothered with it at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    To be totally honest, I don't even care anymore. The bait has been dangled over us for so long that, now that Legion is released and we still never actually see them ingame, I simply just can't give a damn.

I feel like Blizzard drank their own kool-aid a little too hard in believing how passionately the playerbase gave a damn about these characters. I can say personally despite having played all the RTS games and liking Turalyon and Alleria, I just can't be bothered with it at this point.
    I think the whole Army of Light Bullshit destroyed much of it. We wanted the see Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner, rather down on earth Characters we came to like during Beyond the Dark Portal, not some immortal High Exarch and his also immortal Lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post

I just want them to get it resolved at this point. It's not really about liking the characters for me, but this is a story that has been hanging out there for what? 15 years now? Jesus get on with it already so we can move on to something else.

In beta, Alleria appeared in the vision alongside Turalyon @ Paladin Class Hall, not sure what happened or if it's still there as I haven't leveled my paladin to 110 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Second class citizen? CHILD of the commander of the grand Alliance and the sister to the ranger General.

Yeah he would of been a 2nd class citizen definetly

- - - Updated - - -

Half you people in this thread are aware Arator is a major character in paladin order halls right?
    I mean as a half-elf. High Elves were never too fond of humans except the Silver Covenant, mostly. Alleria and her elves were there for revenge against the orcs and to protect Quel'thalas, not as stalwart champions of the Alliance and lovers of humans. They've warmed up to their comrades since then, but yeah.

Dalaran is more tolerant because it's been a human/elf city since shortly after its founding, but in Quel'thalas, they wouldn't take kindly to him, and I doubt any elf would shout to the world in Quel'thalas that they let a human put his dongle in them to make a half-human baby.

I suppose there haven't been many interactions to indicate it, outside the now non-canon RPG books, but judging by Alleria's and most elves' (outside of Dalaran) attitude toward humans, Arator may not have been well-accepted outside his family. On the other hand, he looks more elven than human (Kalecgos' mortal form described as half-elf/human, and Alodi's in-game appearance look more human than elf), so perhaps nobody would notice.

When I say second-class citizen, I mean during WC2-days, where the races are mistrustful of each other in-tune with most traditional fantasy tropes. Not WoW-days where every race knows everyone and hangs out with each other all the time and loves each other because Alliance.

No elf as proud as Alleria was in WC2 times would advertise to their people that she made a child with a human. Vereesa got with Rhonin, and moved to Dalaran with him rather than convince him to live in Quel'thalas with her. Neither of them were in very important positions (both basically underling-ranked at the time), so it's not like Vereesa would be preventing Rhonin from doing some big important duty for Dalaran, at least no more so than Rhonin was doing when she gave up her Farstrider career she'd dreamed of her whole life after her very first mission to be with him.

Yes, I know Arator is a major character in the paladin order hall. A big commander despite having nothing on his resume apart from being a paladin with parents who've done important things, something that may become a trend among Windrunners (Vereesa pretending she deserves something for being related to Sylvanas, Alleria, and their mother, who've actually done notable things deserving of military promotion). Doesn't change how messy his established lore is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    In beta, Alleria appeared in the vision alongside Turalyon @ Paladin Class Hall, not sure what happened or if it's still there as I haven't leveled my paladin to 110 yet.
    She's not there yet. They took her out of it and made it just Turalyon with his presumably placeholder model in the message. In beta, her placeholder model was a Night Elf, and now that Elune is confirmed to be connected to the naaru, I fear that Blizzard is gonna say that Alleria working closely with the naaru for the timey wimey 1,000 years turned her back into a Night Elf, thus removing her from the discussion of high elf vs blood elf and everything Vereesa's done to her people who don't seem to mind at all, so they don't have to displease one group of fans, and instead give them something cheap that doesn't satisfy either of them.

But yeah, her model isn't done yet, and they didn't wanna give her some lame normal high elf (or night elf, i hope not) model, so they took her out.

I haven't done the hunter order campaign, but my friend who has says it's lame, and they should have found Alleria in it, not whatever it was they did I don't remember.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-10-14 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    The Beyond the Dark Portal novel does raise questions about Arator. According to the book and its predecessor Tides of Darkness, which are the canon fleshing-out of the lore of WC2 and its expansion, Alleria and Turalyon had a one-night stand in Tides of Darkness, then she was cold to him until well into Beyond the Dark Portal until she finally opened up about her feelings to him.

On the other hand, Danath Trollbane in Outland recognized Arator, recalling a nickname, meaning they had to have had a very familiar relationship, one that was never shown in the books.

Most likely a goof on the author's part, and Blizzard themselves forgot about their tiny cameo of Alleria and Turalyon's godawful worst invention in all of fantasy half-elf spawn they put in BC. Or they liked it too much to have him change it, but liked Arator too much to change him either.

This has resulted in the following:

1. Alleria and Turalyon never being open lovers during their time on Azeroth, in fact, quite the opposite.

2. Alleria never being shown to be pregnant on Azeroth, at least outside the space between the two novels, during which she could have been pregnant and given birth to Arator.

3. Alleria never telling Turalyon about their son, Turalyon never asking, and generally no mention of him at all, nor any indication that Turalyon knew about him.

Which conflicts with BC's events that claim Danath (a mere comrade, not family) and the entire Sons of Lothar knowing Arator enough to have had a nickname for him, "Little Arator" (very original), meaning they would have had to know he was Alleria and Turalyon's son, that Turalyon and Alleria were carting their son around with them while fighting a war, and that Alleria allowed any indication that she had anything more than a professional military ally-relationship with Turalyon to be known by anyone.

There's also the iffy business about Arator being named something more like a human name by his mother, who wasn't fond of humans, and still wasn't as far as we know (except for Turalyon and other close friends), since Turalyon couldn't have been around when he was born to influence the naming in any way.

The best way I could think to rationalize Arator was that he was born in Outland and around the Sons of Lothar there, but that contradicts his own words and interactions with Danath.

So yeah, it's messy business that Blizzard should address, but they probably won't. Beyond the Dark Portal was published after Burning Crusade was already out, and has no mention of Arator and even makes it seemingly impossible for him to have been born when he claims, but since Blizzard has Turalyon and Alleria coming back in Legion and Turalyon knows about Arator (he could have been told by Alleria, I suppose), they're obviously not interested in clearing up the tangled mess.

It would be possible to assume that perhaps Alleria and Turalyon were secretly lovers still, and just didn't let anyone know and acted like they weren't when in public until Alleria couldn't pretend any longer when Turalyon was going to be in danger in Outland, and just showed Danath their son before then, but that's thrown out the window because Arator is recognized, with his personal childhood nickname, by some no-name drunk at the bar in Honor Hold, so yeah.

Maybe when they get to the volume of Chronicle that covers events around that time period, we'll find out, and they'll retcon the novel or something.

The novel would make it possible for Alleria to have had Arator in secret, not told Turalyon, and left him to be raised in Stormwind, where he may be distrusted for being half-elf, but wouldn't be looked down upon and been a second-class citizen in Quel'thalas with her family, but that can't be, because Arator seems entirely concerned only with Turalyon in Outland. He mentions his "parents" but never Alleria alone. He dreams of his dead father after the Legion has beaten the Army of Light, and talks about how he was only a baby when his father was deployed to Outland, only asks about Turalyon's whereabouts, etc.

He only ever mentions his mother when he introduces himself as "the son of Turalyon and Alleria."

I suppose it could perhaps be possible that Alleria had him in secret, left him in Stormwind with a friend she may have made there, perhaps telling them Turalyon was the boy's father, they raise him all those years, telling him about Turalyon, then during BC, they tell him that Turalyon is his father, and then he goes to Outland, but that only fixes the novel's lore being canon as well as Arator being canon, but still doesn't reconcile the dialogues he has with people in Honor Hold and how Danath and everyone in the Sons of Lothar and their grandmother knows him as "Little Arator" and knows who his parents are. Ugh. Messy. Too messy.

Maaaaaybe Danath and that drunk guy met Arator at some point without knowing he was Turalyon's kid? And recognized him with his nickname again in BC? And then were told at some point later on in Outland after the two had come out of the closet about their romance that Alleria had Turalyon's child and he lives in Azeroth raised in Stormwind?

Eh, it could possibly fix things a little bit, and might explain why Arator is so much more interested in his father than his mother, because Turalyon is probably more spoken-of in Stormwind than Alleria was, and when he learned that Turalyon was his father, it wasn't too hard to guess that the elven woman they made a statue of just a few yards away from that of his father is the mother, and the person Alleria left him to be raised by confirmed his parentage.

But that's a lot of gymnastics to explain it away. It does cover all bases, and would explain why Arator went to the place that was just the home of members of the entire expedition, rather than the place founded by his mother that bore her name (Allerian Stronghold) and was home to her closest friends who knew her possibly the best of any apart from Sylvanas and Vereesa, but I dunno. I guess it can just be my headcanon until Blizzard retcons something or has Arator say some gossip text like "My mom and dad were BOTH at my 5th birthday party, so try squeezing THAT into your little theory, hahahahahaha!!!"
    You know the time pass more quickly in the outlands right?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    You know the time pass more quickly in the outlands right?
    Does it? I was under the impression that it was the nether. Azeroth is in the nether. Outland is in the nether. We only know Turalyon and Alleria and their Army of Light have been fighting in the part of the nether where time passes quickly for them.

If time passed more quickly in Outland, I'd assume the Sons of Lothar to all be dead and gone by the time anyone else got there.

But even so, how does that relate to Arator's convoluted and contradictory backstory?

And I wonder how much time has passed for Turalyon and Alleria? Turalyon must have been made immortal and young forever by Naaru light or something if they've really been at it for a thousand years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Does it? I was under the impression that it was the nether. Azeroth is in the nether. Outland is in the nether. We only know Turalyon and Alleria and their Army of Light have been fighting in the part of the nether where time passes quickly for them.

If time passed more quickly in Outland, I'd assume the Sons of Lothar to all be dead and gone by the time anyone else got there.

But even so, how does that relate to Arator's convoluted and contradictory backstory?

And I wonder how much time has passed for Turalyon and Alleria? Turalyon must have been made immortal and young forever by Naaru light or something if they've really been at it for a thousand years.
    Azeroth is in the great dark beyond not the Nether

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit998 View Post
    Alleria needs to come back and deal with her horribly broken family. No idea how she would deal with her OWN sister being 1stly a Horde Member, and well dead. Everything i have ever read about her is she would not like it one bit. Vereesa and her will most probably get along fine but Alleria will probably not know how to deal with her sister anymore since it has been a very very long time since they all saw one another.
    I think at the time Alleria would come back either sylv would be dead-dead or they would not come together as a family, nowadays sylv hate her sister's

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Vereesa betrayed her people twice.
    The first time when she abandoned Quel'thalas to join her human husband.
    The second time when she slaughtered the Sin'dorei.

I honestly would be surprised if Alleria doesn't want to see her punished.
    I would like to know what Alleria expression when she knows that a human is responsible for killing 90% of her people, destroying her beloved kingdom and the main reason why the remaining 10% is divided ( 9% blood elf's 1% high elf ).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    To be honest, I don't care. I wanted to see Turalyon and Alleria as they were again, not as some neutral Overlords of the Army of Light.
    you mean lovey-dovey couples ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Her son was retconned in. She wasn't pregnant at any point in the book.
    her tummy was big but no body dare to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I think at the time Alleria would come back either sylv would be dead-dead or they would not come together as a family, nowadays sylv hate her sister's
    Sylvanas maybe hates Vereesa, and rightfully so, but she assumes Alleria is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    We've seen Turyalon already, the reason blizzard isn't doing anything else with him is that he's the most generic, boring character in the franchise.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    We've seen Turyalon already, the reason blizzard isn't doing anything else with him is that he's the most generic, boring character in the franchise.
    But doesn't the thought of immortal sexy Turyalon leading every race make you happy?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    But doesn't the thought of immortal sexy Turyalon leading every race make you happy?
    Does anduin make you happy?
    #boycottchina

Maybe Arator is adopted

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas maybe hates Vereesa, and rightfully so, but she assumes Alleria is dead.
    you remind me of the time when slyv sing ang become Disney Princess.
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure some of you guys already know enough of me by now that I'm a huge fangirl for Turalyon and Alleria, so let me say that I will lose my collective SHIT if, after all these years of teasing, this will all be what we see of them (well, Turalyon, at least; Alleria may or may not even be on Argus with the rest of the Grand Army of Light for all we know). Their imminent return is pretty much the main reason why I'm playing the game - so I can find out what in the nine hells happened to them. Other than the Lei Shen storyline in MoP, I really didn't care too much about the Siege of Orgrimmar or even the majority of Warlords of Draenor. I put up with all that and more just so I could hope there'd be something about them.

Hopefully, if anything, we'll hear more about them in 7.2; what with how 7.1 is playing out so far (returning to Karazhan, dealing with Helya, taking the fight to Suramar City with all the elves, and the Nigthold later on), I doubt we'll hear more about them outside of Turalyon appearing in the initial Light's Heart quest for the paladin Class Hall.

I just want my Windrunner reunion; that's all I want, Blizzard. I want to see Sylvanas get her mind blown at seeing the sister she's thought for so long alive and well (and probably immortal from being involved with the Naaru, if she isn't already by now). If that should happen, then I think it would be okay to drop the plot armor Sylvanas has been carrying (and that many people want her to lose). It makes no sense to want to kill off the new Warchief if that particularly plot thread isn't tied up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    I'm sure some of you guys already know enough of me by now that I'm a huge fangirl for Turalyon and Alleria, so let me say that I will lose my collective SHIT if, after all these years of teasing, this will all be what we see of them (well, Turalyon, at least; Alleria may or may not even be on Argus with the rest of the Grand Army of Light for all we know). Their imminent return is pretty much the main reason why I'm playing the game - so I can find out what in the nine hells happened to them. Other than the Lei Shen storyline in MoP, I really didn't care too much about the Siege of Orgrimmar or even the majority of Warlords of Draenor. I put up with all that and more just so I could hope there'd be something about them.

Hopefully, if anything, we'll hear more about them in 7.2; what with how 7.1 is playing out so far (returning to Karazhan, dealing with Helya, taking the fight to Suramar City with all the elves, and the Nigthold later on), I doubt we'll hear more about them outside of Turalyon appearing in the initial Light's Heart quest for the paladin Class Hall.

I just want my Windrunner reunion; that's all I want, Blizzard. I want to see Sylvanas get her mind blown at seeing the sister she's thought for so long alive and well (and probably immortal from being involved with the Naaru, if she isn't already by now). If that should happen, then I think it would be okay to drop the plot armor Sylvanas has been carrying (and that many people want her to lose). It makes no sense to want to kill off the new Warchief if that particularly plot thread isn't tied up.
    Do you really want to see High Exarch Turalyon? Hell, I think this whole Army of Light bullshit gets shittier and shittier the more we learn about it. I wanted to see Turalyon return as who he was, a Hero of the Alliance, a mortal General, a Knight of the Silver Hand and Alleria as this fucking awesome Farstrider she was, not as some immortal Random Sues for the Army of Light.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    well blizzard ruined it in Warcrimes, there would be no reunion ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Do you really want to see High Exarch Turalyon? Hell, I think this whole Army of Light bullshit gets shittier and shittier the more we learn about it. I wanted to see Turalyon return as who he was, a Hero of the Alliance, a mortal General, a Knight of the Silver Hand and Alleria as this fucking awesome Farstrider she was, not as some immortal Random Sues for the Army of Light.
    M-Ra the Alliance has changed " the World of Azeroth as a whole " since the 2nd war, and both of them must accept that, epically Alleria.

Deleted
    You chase after Alleria in the Hunter Thas'dorah storyline. She was being held captive by the Legion but they seem to have moved her away and you only find the bow.

As they have decided on them being part of the Army of Light and for 1000 years it seems, I can not imagine they still hold any kind of grudge for a specific race. I bet they saw more races of hardly imaginable diversity, some of them peaceful, lots of them probably not. Surely, like every race on Azeroth too, all of those races have some bad apples and some good. I just can't imagine thousand years of fighting alongside people from untold worlds and timelines don't change your view on "ew, that is an orc." or "ew, that is a human."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    You chase after Alleria in the Hunter Thas'dorah storyline. She was being held captive by the Legion but they seem to have moved her away and you only find the bow.

As they have decided on them being part of the Army of Light and for 1000 years it seems, I can not imagine they still hold any kind of grudge for a specific race. I bet they saw more races of hardly imaginable diversity, some of them peaceful, lots of them probably not. Surely, like every race on Azeroth too, all of those races have some bad apples and some good. I just can't imagine thousand years of fighting alongside people from untold worlds and timelines don't change your view on "ew, that is an orc." or "ew, that is a human."
    you only find traces of her, not that Alleria was there at the exact same moment, it's like the Quest on WOD when you find out that Alleria was there also.