Clinton Campaign Emails: Raw Contempt For Average Americans

http://www.investors.com/politics/co...age-americans/

I thought the Democratic Party was supposed to be the party of tolerance and understanding. I guess they didn't understand what that "co esist" sticker meant when they put it on their prius.

Of all the things we've learned from the flood of Hillary Clinton-related emails dumped on the web by WikiLeaks, one theme stands out: the Clinton campaign's shocking disregard, bordering on open contempt, for the very people whose votes they seek.

It's clear that disdain for average people seems to be a feature of modern American progressive leftism. They see the mass of Americans — particularly those who don't live in the elite high-income, information-economy enclaves on both coasts — as little more than sheep to be herded in the right ideological and political direction.

At times, this has taken the form of open mocking of some Americans — such as when Hillary Clinton said that half of Trump's supporters were a "basket of deplorables" who were "irredeemable" for any political purposes. Or when President Obama described small-town Americans as those who, when upset, "get bitter ... (and) cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

As the most recent trove of WikiLeaks emails from Clinton campaign Chairman John Podesta's account shows, they'll pander for your vote, but don't ever think they respect you — or really even want your opinion.

Get instant access to exclusive stock lists and powerful tools on Investors.com. Try us free for 4 weeks.

And when it comes to religion, Catholics, Jews and evangelicals in particular seem to invoke their ire and ridicule. But never fear — they also dislike Southerners, "coal people," Latinos, Bernie Sanders followers, and others as well. Talk about diversity.

The emails taken from Podesta's account show a surprising amount of vitriol and anger toward foes and even friends. Sen. Bernie Sanders' followers are called "self-righteous whiners" in one exchange, for instance, while Hispanic leaders were described as "needy Latinos."

In one exchange, Hillary Clinton's campaign spokeswoman Jennifer Palmieri swapped emails with Senior Fellow John Halpin at the far-left Center for American Progress (CAP), founded by Podesta. The topic was Catholics, but the discussion wasn't genteel.

They describe the conservative movement as being dominated by "powerful elements" within the Catholic Church, a bit of religious paranoia that should serve as a warning to the church if Hillary is elected.

"It's an amazing bastardization of the faith," writes Halpin, in one email. "They must be attracted to the systematic thought and severely backward gender relations and must be totally unaware of Christian democracy."

Palmieri responds: "I imagine they think it is the most socially acceptable politically conservative religion. Their rich friends wouldn't understand if they became evangelicals."

Do they realize that Catholics have given half or more of their votes to Democrats in each presidential election going back to 1988?

But sneering at religion wasn't the half of it.

Podesta also had an exchange with Neera Tanden, CAP's president, about Southerners and the Miss America beauty pageant.

"Do you think it's weird that of the 15 finalists in Miss America, 10 come from the 11 states of the CSA (Confederate States of America)?" Podesta asks.

"Not at all," replies Tanden in a September 2015 email chain, "I would imagine the only people who watch it are from the confederacy and by now they know that so they've rigged the thing in their honor." Somebody needs to tell Tanden and Podesta that the "confederacy" no longer exists — and hasn't for 150 years.

Donald Trump has often said that Democrats take minority votes — in particular, blacks and Latinos — for granted. That's pretty clear from an Aug. 15, 2015, strategy memo whose subject line said: "Needy Latinos and 1 easy call," which refers to Podesta convincing New Mexico's governor, Bill Richardson, and other key Hispanic Democrats to support Hillary.

We wish that were all. But Hillary's closest aide, Huma Abedin, whose family has deep ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, in one email expressed her disdain for American Jews, and even urged Bill Clinton not to speak to a meeting of the centrist, pro-Israel American Israel Public Affairs Council, saying, "u really want to consider sending him into that crowd?"

That crowd? On average, since 1960, Jewish voters have cast 73% of their presidential votes for Democrats.

Of course, all of this racial, religious and class talk by so-called progressives should be no surprise.

While people like President Obama, Hillary Clinton and their legions of aides today talk about "change" and "progress," their actual beliefs hearken back to the earliest days of progressivism at the start of the 20th century.

Then, Woodrow Wilson, Teddy Roosevelt and others pushed the notion that average people were too contemptibly ignorant to manage their own lives. What average Americans needed, progressives said, was a cadre of brilliant technocrats — hand-picked by the progressive elite, of course — to manage their lives for them.

"In other words, the government — politicians, bureaucrats and judges — are to intervene, second-guess and pick winners and losers in a complex economic process of which they are often uninformed, if not misinformed, and a process in which they pay no price for being wrong, regardless of how high a price will be paid by the economy," wrote economist and philosopher Thomas Sowell in a piece on progressivism's authoritarian vision.

Exactly. And that has been the progressive dream ever since. It shows in their contempt for those whom they would govern.

Nice biased article, either way there is a megathread for stuff like this.

Megathread, and I'm going to say it : when your side pretend that they will build a giant wall, they obviously don't have much respect for the mental capacities of their voters...

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Megathread, and I'm going to say it : when your side pretend that they will build a giant wall, they obviously don't have much respect for the mental capacities of their voters...
    Hmmph, Well I guess they were right about Bernie voters being self-righteous

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Hillary suggested a fence before Trump even opened his stupid mouth...

OT: Is anybody even suprised anymore about Hillarys position towards the average american? She doesn't give 2 shits about the middle class, they could rot for all she cares as long as she can get their votes.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

I expect no one to care.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Hillary suggested a fence before Trump even opened his stupid mouth...

OT: Is anybody even suprised anymore about Hillarys position towards the average american? She doesn't give 2 shits about the middle class, they could rot for all she cares as long as she can get their votes.

Very true, I almost forgot about that. she was very against illegal immigration when her husband was in office and started building a new wall....funny how her opinions have changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Hmmph, Well I guess they were right about Bernie voters being self-righteous
    You're really not one to talk about others being self-righteous.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I expect no one to care.
    Shes still a kitten compared to Trump and in this case, thats all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You're really not one to talk about others being self-righteous.
    Neither are you, lets be friends

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of this is completely reasonable banter. What are you on about?

Yes because the average American is something to be emulated.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Deleted
    I want to have the version for the elitists please...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how saying things like this is talked about as if it compares AT ALL to what Trump says about women, Mexicans, Muslims, etc etc.

Oh boohoo, Hillary called folks like us "basement-living baristas"... that's actually pretty spot on for me. XD Though I no longer work at the coffee shop, I honestly laughed at it. Why is this crap so news-worthy?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither are you, lets be friends
    But the thing is, I wasn't ever pretending to be humble.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I expect no one to care.
    Hi, showing up to not care.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    But the thing is, I wasn't ever pretending to be humble.

Who said im humble? and I still want to be your friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I love how saying things like this is talked about as if it compares AT ALL to what Trump says about women, Mexicans, Muslims, etc etc.

Oh boohoo, Hillary called folks like us "basement-living baristas"... that's actually pretty spot on for me. XD Though I no longer work at the coffee shop, I honestly laughed at it. Why is this crap so news-worthy?
    Well, I feel bad for ya if your a unemployed barista...you know sometimes, when the going gets tough, you have to grab life by the pussy and push on!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Who said im humble? and I still want to be your friend.
    I accept that you're a fellow American, but I have no desire to be your friend.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok, Hillary and her emails go in the Hillary megathread.

also, this thread is a mess already.

Closing