Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Level another thing for the time being and gear it up/keep artifact knowledge running til they're recruiting the spec/class you level?

- - - Updated - - -

Damage isn't everything, but ultimately we provide little to no utility and our damage is lower tier. Most of the lower tier specs at least have the option of playing something in the upper middle to top. We don't have that in any aspect of our class. Our DPS Specs are pretty bad and our tank spec is one of the worst in the game. The entire class is just plain bad right now.
    I mean look at a paladin, they have decent dps, they have decent off hand defenses they can provide for others, some minor buffs they can give, and they have better mobility.

I would just like the DK version of this personally.

Last few pages seems extra dark and gloom. Am I missing something? Granted they didn't mention DK's in the QA, but that doesn't mean no changes will be made?

Quote Originally Posted by scwasp View Post
    Last few pages seems extra dark and gloom. Am I missing something? Granted they didn't mention DK's in the QA, but that doesn't mean no changes will be made?
    Considering the entire class needs help...and we were the only class from my recollection that had something on literally every page. Fury Warriors can switch to arms or prot...both of which are performing great. Balance can change to feral, elemental can change to enhance. Every class at least has an upper tier spec they can play if their preferred spec isn't performing well....DKs go from bottom of the shit to upper part of the shit. Blood is a bad tank too, right ahead of brewmaster...we literally cannot play anything in the upper mid nevermind dead middle of the spectrum.

It's a QnA about a patch, not just about class Balances.

Upsetting as it is this whole slog is more than a little dramatic,

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Considering the entire class needs help...and we were the only class from my recollection that had something on literally every page. Fury Warriors can switch to arms or prot...both of which are performing great. Balance can change to feral, elemental can change to enhance. Every class at least has an upper tier spec they can play if their preferred spec isn't performing well....DKs go from bottom of the shit to upper part of the shit. Blood is a bad tank too, right ahead of brewmaster...we literally cannot play anything in the upper mid nevermind dead middle of the spectrum.
    I get that it's very annoying that we didn't get mentioned at all. But some people are reacting as if it was said that there were no plans to do anything to us in 7.1.

Quote Originally Posted by scwasp View Post
    I get that it's very annoying that we didn't get mentioned at all. But some people are reacting as if it was said that there were no plans to do anything to us in 7.1.
    The plans we know are beyond minimal. Yes we'll get official notes soon...but there wasn't much to begin with for all specs that we know of.

Don't hold your breath. Get those alts to 110 and working on artifact research. Keep your options open.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullbound View Post
    I apologize if I sounded salty or if it sounded foul. Thank you, but sadly no, I have only killed Elerethe the week after progression on it, but I was taken in for Dragons and Il'gynoth. Everything else I sat on since I didn't have bracers and nothing else required grip. It's sad that this is the state our class is in.
    I don't think you came off salty and even if you did it's understandable. Sorry to hear you don't have your 7/7 yet, hope that changes or you get your bracers whichever comes first. I agree it's a sad state of affairs for DKs atm was merely disputing that for most of us it shouldn't be a huge issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Don't hold your breath. Get those alts to 110 and working on artifact research. Keep your options open.
    So glad I leveled my shaman, working on my mage after 7.1 launches

calm down they are working on it give them freaking time

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post

And yet they took their time to talk about Frost mages or Fury Warriors. Both of which have very decent options to change to. At the same time not even mentioning DKs who are completely fucked right now, not a single "We have heard your concerns AND ARE WORKING ON SOMETHING. Stay tuned" despite all our clearly and constructively voiced concerns can just leave the impression that they don't give a shit.

And they taunt us with stuff like this:
    "The team is happier with balance than they were before the tuning pass"

Yeah, we (at least Unholy DKs) are most certainly not.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2016-10-15 at 04:36 AM.

The communication seems fine to me. It's been noted that DKs are underperforming, balancing hasn't yet finished, and you're likely getting buffs within the next 2 weeks.

I don't really see the problem. They even gave you some buffs recently, it just happned to not be quite enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    It's been noted that DKs are underperforming
    Funnily Ornyx (or anyone else) never even admitted that. It's always just "Yeah, I have heard your concerns and forwarded them to the devs, now shut up" which means nothing at all. They haven't said a single word about addressing DK balancing (except in PvP).

The only 2 things that actually bother me is that with the recent pvp talent changes they actually changed other classes shit talents but left the last row first column blood one untouched, that is just insulting at this point. Also that fucking demon hunters get the better mass-death-grip for one talent point wheres ours is still worse than their if we invest another point in it. Why does our still have 2 min cd and can only be cast on entities, where they have 1 min cd and can place it whereever the fuck they want? Why do I have to drop a dnd after it and they get the slow included in theirs? There are other things as well, but why they refuse to address any of these issues at all is beyond me..

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    They had like 8 months of beta with the issues that are causing the shit dps and poor tanking presently widely reported.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's your average acceptance rate per mythic+ level as well as ilvl guys? Mine:

ilvl 866:

Until +4: 30-40%
    +4 to +6: 20%
    +6 and higher: 5-10%

Pretty sure some other classes are in the same boat, with maybe 4 or 5 getting really high acceptance percentage. My ilvl is decent I guess, but I really fear what happens in the lower ilvl bracket, for the characters that actually need gear from those mythic+.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2016-10-15 at 08:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    What's your average acceptance rate per mythic+ level as well as ilvl guys? Mine:

ilvl 866:

Until +4: 30-40%
    +4 to +6: 20%
    +6 and higher: 5-10%

Pretty sure some other classes are in the same boat, with maybe 4 or 5 getting really high acceptance percentage. My ilvl is decent I guess, but I really fear what happens in the lower ilvl bracket, for the characters that actually need gear from those mythic+.
    I think the acceptance rate is low for every class that does not bring hero. After 8+ usually you find premades or groups that need hero (I know drums are there but its what I have seen). Also that is more of a personal preference but I put it here as an advice as well, for greater Mythic+ never use GF but try to run them with friends, guild mates or BN friends. In 8+ dungeons I always use voice comms etc.etc. Group finder is a shithole when it comes to player behavior and preference.I always link keystone and raid achievs as well if I am too desperate to try group finder. I think DKs are very strong in 5mans atm btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    The communication seems fine to me. It's been noted that DKs are underperforming, balancing hasn't yet finished, and you're likely getting buffs within the next 2 weeks.

I don't really see the problem. They even gave you some buffs recently, it just happned to not be quite enough.
    They never noted that we were underperforming. And you have the gall to say "I don't see the problem....it happened to not be quite enough." Contradictory, sir. tsk tsk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Feel free to calmly give blizzard the benefit of the doubt. The rest of us will continue to provide our feedback, particularly that we are not satisfied with the current state of affairs. Their recent communication did nothing to even acknowledge our concerns. We have no way of knowing that "they are working on it" as you say. For all we know, they think the status quo looks pretty peachy for DKs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Agree completely. As painful as the prospect seems of spending so much time leveling and gearing a new toon only to shelf my favorite character, I think it's wise at this point to start investing time in a backup option. Best case scenario we get pleasantly surprised by patch notes in a week or two and we can return to the class we prefer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post

You acknowledge the situation as upsetting but then say it's too dramatic for us to stand up and speak our minds about how upset we are? I don't get this perspective. Why even bother posting? We're passionate about the class we love playing, deathknight, and we want it to be competitive, able to tank higher level mythic dungeons as well as our peers, able to dps competitively in mythic raids (including single target!), etc etc.
    Last edited by Grimdeeds; 2016-10-15 at 11:39 AM.

I think the problem is that, internally, they're overvaluing the new content and undervaluing the class design issues. I can understand why. I mean, the people creating and directing the new content are probably excited, right? In their minds, that's where the interest is. That's what they want to talk about and that's what they think people want to hear about.

Thing is, class design & class balance are CRAZY important. They know that, but I don't think they've really designed their design process around that. The basic gameplay & performance of a class are encountered by a player in everything that they do, and it's way higher in importance than things like a 3-boss raid. I don't think they've quite wrapped their heads around that concept in the way that the teams on games like Overwatch and HotS have, simply because it's not necessarily as obvious to someone trying to craft an RPG experience.

The thing that disappoints me about 7.1 is that, by all rights, they should've delayed it to get important class changes in. Shadow Priests shouldn't be stuck with their StM-driven balance/talents. Death Knights shouldn't be assuaged by buffs without meaningful ability/talent changes. These things should not just live somewhere on the to-do list. They should be a priority!

The Sky is falling time to panic uraggahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh THE SKY IS FALLING