Page 32 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sometimes I hate TKC, reying to line up doomguard+dreadstalkers+4 imps on the opener and then some shitty mechanic makes you move for 1-2 seconds and the dreadstalkers are gone by then...and it's a downhill slide to trying to get your demons back up before your doomguard despawns for a meaty TKC.

The ramp up to this spec is even worse than affliction.

@Liarparadox
    You can probably safely ignore being in close for the first 4-8 roars. Might get some back talk from your raid leaders, but tell 'em to toss off until blizzard gives locks mobility. After all you're trying to beat the top parse on that fight, and that scummy troll gets lifegripped TWICE so that he never has to stop casting.*

Later in the fight though you'll need to do your part still. Pretty scary fight for healers.

*Not actually true
    Last edited by Joryy; 2016-10-14 at 09:46 PM.

does anyone know if grimoire of synergy works with enslave demon? doing an arcway now guess ill found out.
    edit: derp forgot to check if it was triggering.
    Last edited by Rorixis; 2016-10-14 at 10:57 PM.

Nicely done, tho i don't know if they gonna buff us more in 7.1 other than thakeil's damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Agares View Post
    Nicely done, tho i don't know if they gonna buff us more in 7.1 other than thakeil's damage.
    The only spell that needs a significant damage buff is Demonwrath and maybe Felstorm to give demo warlocks better snap aoe that doesn't revolve all around implosion.

Other than that, the problem with demonology are ramp up issues and how many of your casts are tied to empower demon. The ramp up issues would be a lot less bad as would mobility if we didn't need to cast empower demon after every demon summon.

Removing the shard cost off doomguard/infernal and grimoire of service (and pet summons in general, don't get why we have to pay 1 soul shard to resummon a demon when it's not even instant-cast anymore) would be a great global change for the warlock class, as would be a change to life tap to not be a punitive class mechanic that is not saddled on other casters.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-10-14 at 10:52 PM.

I've got a question. I'm playing with Hand of Doom talent - when I use this will my ST Doom never deal damage? I mean in the ~ 18 seconds until Doom explodes I'm using Hand of Gul'dan to produce some Wild Imps and if I do so I'll refresh the duration of Doom and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Deleted
    I feel a lot better about demo after the buffs numbers wise. I honestly wish theyd gone another route with demo but we aren't going to see big changes to mechanics now.

If they made empowerment instant, and an aura that you had to maintain, that would be nice too. Also wouldn't complain if hand of guldan was back to being an instant, I'm fine with dreadstalkers being cast time.

I wish they would redesign power trip to maybe make it so that when you cast hand of guldan you would never go below one shard, so you can spam it for snap aoe if needed though hand prob doesn't do enough damage for this to work properly as is.

Maybe change soul harvest to be a 3 minute cd that removes shard cost of dreadstalkers as halves the shard cost of hand on spawning imps too to give a bit more ondemand burst where needed to minimise demos ramp up on some priority target swaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I've got a question. I'm playing with Hand of Doom talent - when I use this will my ST Doom never deal damage? I mean in the ~ 18 seconds until Doom explodes I'm using Hand of Gul'dan to produce some Wild Imps and if I do so I'll refresh the duration of Doom and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?
    These questions are answered in the main (original, by Woz) post of the thread, which you probably want to read before making a post on the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    does anyone know if grimoire of synergy works with enslave demon? doing an arcway now guess ill found out.
    edit: derp forgot to check if it was triggering.
    They don't proc GoSyn.

Thx, guess i should be running service for arcway then.

Is 7.1 breaking Enemy Grid?

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyputty View Post
    Is 7.1 breaking Enemy Grid?
    Yes, tho there might be work around with mouse over macros, not sure.

Hey Not im having some lua errors with some of the code from the WA for demo wandering if the current export strings are up to date and do you know any things i can try to remedy them?

What am I doing wrong?
    Doom will still do damage in it's regular interval. Doesn't matter that you extended it with HoG - it knows when first one has been applied and when is it supposed to do it's tick. Keep your rotation normal, and don't think about it.
    Whole design of this talent is
    a) to have Doom on all targets without manualy applying it (new demonology version of cataclysm)
    b) to help lazy people like your and me
    c) to those who think Power Trip is messing up with idealistic rotation (giving you more shards than you actually need/can spend)

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    Doom will still do damage in it's regular interval. Doesn't matter that you extended it with HoG - it knows when first one has been applied and when is it supposed to do it's tick. Keep your rotation normal, and don't think about it.
    Whole design of this talent is
    a) to have Doom on all targets without manualy applying it (new demonology version of cataclysm)
    b) to help lazy people like your and me
    c) to those who think Power Trip is messing up with idealistic rotation (giving you more shards than you actually need/can spend)

I read the Icy-Veins guide and haven't found an explanation there so I just stepped into this thread and asked my question. Now I know how it works, thanks!

About Doom, i made a topic on reddit of how it snapshots ur current active demons if u have that legendary. Anyone with this? People made a fool out of me but its actually true, i have proof with SS's.

For some reason i can't post links here yet, so u will have to manually search reddit. >.>

I read the Icy-Veins guide and haven't found an explanation there so I just stepped into this thread and asked my question. Now I know how it works, thanks!
    Icy-Veins it's a good starting point, but I suggest you read Not's guide in the first page. You'll find some good information.

Quote Originally Posted by Seismos View Post
    Hey Not im having some lua errors with some of the code from the WA for demo wandering if the current export strings are up to date and do you know any things i can try to remedy them?
    What error(s) specifically?

I have sin'dorei and wilfred's on my lock. Anyone else notice that you don't always get buff from sin dorei after having this paired?

Quote Originally Posted by SaberTJ View Post
    I have sin'dorei and wilfred's on my lock. Anyone else notice that you don't always get buff from sin dorei after having this paired?
    Sin'dorei's has a three minute ICD.