Okung's situation ended up being that he has a concussion, that is really not good if he has to miss a game.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Now it is probably up to the other owners. Will Mark Davis be able to cajole the other 31 owners to let him move the team to Vegas?
    He just needs to look at them like this until they give up.

Last edited by Grube; 2016-10-14 at 09:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either this is happening and I reckon deals were made during the LA talks, Jerry Jones spent a lot of time with Mark Davis during the owners meet.

Or it's the biggest bluff to the city of Oakland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Either this is happening and I reckon deals were made during the LA talks, Jerry Jones spent a lot of time with Mark Davis during the owners meet.

Or it's the biggest bluff to the city of Oakland.
    I would assume the former. Most of the influential owners are wily businessmen.

- - - Updated - - -

Caveat though, Mark Davis is not a wily businessman per se, but he LOVES the Raiders and would do whatever is best for them. He;d move them like his pappy did if it means their long term success is all but guaranteed.

10+ Year Old Account
    No point in bluffing Oakland, they're not gonna do anything, no point waiting around on them or LA. This is the right approach, but if the Chargers manage to stay put will the other owners try to coerce the Raiders into an LA return?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Okung shows flashes of brilliance, gets injured, and never quite recovers his form.

I think Seahawk fans have seen this script before.
    If flashes of brilliance is a holding call, then yeah.

Because none of you live in the PNW, there is a pretty big storm rolling through that could turn the Falcons Seahawks game. Not to mention if as forecasted I won't be able to watch the game.

If you ever wanted to see a punt go for negative yards, this might be the game tbh.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2016-10-15 at 12:48 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the wind today has been nasty. Next storm coming through is supposedly even stronger than this one. Hopefully it doesn't last

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Because none of you live in the PNW, there is a pretty big storm rolling through that could turn the Falcons Seahawks game. Not to mention if as forecasted I won't be able to watch the game.

If you ever wanted to see a punt go for negative yards, this might be the game tbh.
    I know what game I am watching then, would have been a tough call since it is the same time as KC/Oakland and Dallas/GB.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know some people in the PNW, hope you all stay safe.

If it really is dire weather and they keep the game there I might tune in, cause special circumstances sometimes lead to amazing games (see Titans-Patriots snow game few years back).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Yeah the wind today has been nasty. Next storm coming through is supposedly even stronger than this one. Hopefully it doesn't last
    Wont come close to 2007 IMO. That was like 80mph sustained and 130 gusts lol. Just hope the power is back to watch the game (I got satellite so that helps).

10+ Year Old Account
    Wont come close to 2007 IMO. That was like 80mph sustained and 130 gusts lol. Just hope the power is back to watch the game (I got satellite so that helps).
    oh geezus I remember that. I lived on the 6th floor of an apartment off of University street. Scary scary night...

10+ Year Old Account
    If flashes of brilliance is a holding call, then yeah.

The annual rosh hashana wind storm. I think the worst is supposed to be tomorrow? Had to spend an hour parking my cars away from tall trees. Got 5 100 footers on my lot.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get to drive in it all weekend. Just hoping that I won't encounter many fallen trees or branches on the road during shifts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    oh geezus I remember that. I lived on the 6th floor of an apartment off of University street. Scary scary night...
    Yeah. Had a 90 foot pine tree fall on my house that morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    The annual rosh hashana wind storm. I think the worst is supposed to be tomorrow? Had to spend an hour parking my cars away from tall trees. Got 5 100 footers on my lot.
    Moved away from tall trees after that storm. But yeah, tomorrow is the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every night when my head hits the pillow I dream that such a wondrous moment may come...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    No point in bluffing Oakland, they're not gonna do anything, no point waiting around on them or LA. This is the right approach, but if the Chargers manage to stay put will the other owners try to coerce the Raiders into an LA return?
    The general consensus was they didn't want the Raiders in LA.

This does free up the bay area market for a team who needs to get out of their current spot. Oakland Jags anyone?

10+ Year Old Account

This does free up the bay area market for a team who needs to get out of their current spot. Oakland Jags anyone?
    After Chargers and Raiders are settled I don't think any team is currently in a position to move or even has the desire to move. The Jags owner has been pretty steadfast in saying he wants to stay in Jacksonville and has been somewhat more silently making more moves to have ties in Britain. He put time, effort and money into making the Jacksonville area where the stadium is a better place too. He might be tempted to become the first team to settle in the EU, should it get to that point, but I don't think he has any desire to be on the west coast.

10+ Year Old Account

Oakland wouldn't get another team, SF wouldn't get a second team, nope, all done with teams going to CA at this point.

I don't think the owners gave much of a shit about the Raiders in the last relocation meeting, they didn't even throw them a bone, maybe a chewed up sliver of one. I just don't know how they feel about Vegas and if they're against it or not.

The Rams can always move to Oakland after they figure out LA won't work out well for them again. Not sure why California even has as many pro sports teams as they do, seems like the Giants, Dodgers and Lakers are the only ones that even get good fan attendance.

If any team moves to England or something, it will be the Jags, they play over there every year because they make more money off of it than their home games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lost power for 2 weeks after that one. But hey those were twilight years of Holgrem and bad trades with the Vikings. And Shaun Alexander had the gall to tell UW fans to keep Willingham... because he had comportment. SO the Dark Ages were a bit of a relief.

People think Lane Kiffin is bad, but I cant think of a coach that killed more D1 program other than Willingham and Neuhiesel.

10+ Year Old Account
    At Notre Dame he did the same as everybody else has, start great and then get shitty. He really did a number on Washington though, taking over a bad program and then dumping gasoline on the fire.