Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Israel is made up of more than just settlers. I know we mostly see settlers in the news, but there have been Jews in Jerusalem for the entirety of its existence. If anything, more Middle Eastern Jews reside in Israel than ever before due to intense persecution and ethnic cleansing they've had to endure elsewhere. I believe that at this point they're saying there are no Jews in Syria or Yemen, and almost none in Iraq.
    Israel's largest demographic by far are Ashkenazi Jewish people. People of European origin. It makes Israel a modern colonial state, really no different from South Africa, Colonial India, or Belgian Congo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Israel's largest demographic by far are Ashkenazi Jewish people. People of European origin. It makes Israel a modern colonial state, really no different from South Africa, Colonial India, or Belgian Congo.
    So...what you're saying is, they're not really Jews, they're just white people wannabes? Cause that's how you're coming across. Like you're calling them Jews, but then saying they're not really Jews like these other Jews because some of them have blonde hair and ended up going to Auschwitz.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I think its time we cut ties with the Israelis and the entire middle east. We cant send our people to fight for them anymore. I have always been on their side as a conservative but after the john podesta and George soros stuff I just cant support Israel or the jewish people anymore, if they wont fight for their people we shouldn't either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vox News did a nice puff piece on settlers a few weeks back. Despite the glaring omission of any Palestinian perspectives. One notices quite a few of the settlers have modern New York accents.
    I'm sure they had to flee New York because of the constant persecution and lack of Kosher delis.

Deleted
    If Jews are European, how do you define 'European'?

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    So...what you're saying is, they're not really Jews, they're just white people wannabes? Cause that's how you're coming across. Like you're calling them Jews, but then saying they're not really Jews like these other Jews because some of them have blonde hair and ended up going to Auschwitz.
    What I'm saying is that they don't have any historical genetic 'connection' to Israel. Being raised in a religion related to that part of the world doesn't change that. If you want further evidence that Israel's operated as a "for Europeans first" state, take a look at how Mizrahi and Sephardic Jews (and more recently Ethiopian Jews) have been treated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Vox News did a nice puff piece on settlers a few weeks back. Despite the glaring omission of any Palestinian perspectives. One notices quite a few of the settlers have modern New York accents.
    I'm sure they had to flee New York because of the constant persecution and lack of Kosher delis.
    Israel would have much more credibility in terms of 'right to land' if it:
    1. Went back to the 1948 partition plan borders and left all other occupied territory. Generally, ancient history shouldn't matter. Currently existing treaties should be the determining factor.

2. Didn't have a streak of mistreating non-white Jews along with Arabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelden View Post
    If Jews are European, how do you define 'European'?
    The Ashkenazim Jews are from europe, lots of them have light colored eyes and light colored hair and white skin, but you can can still tell because of the nose and close set eyes. The semitic jews are basically arabs and look nothing like Ashkenazim jews except for the nose and eye separation width.

What I'm saying is that they don't have any historical genetic 'connection' to Israel. Being raised in a religion related to that part of the world doesn't change that. If you want further evidence that Israel's operated as a "for Europeans first" state, take a look at how Mizrahi and Sephardic Jews (and more recently Ethiopian Jews) have been treated.

- - - Updated - - -

Israel would have much more credibility in terms of 'right to land' if it:
    1. Went back to the 1948 partition plan borders and left all other occupied territory. Generally, ancient history shouldn't matter. Currently existing treaties should be the determining factor.

2. Didn't have a streak of mistreating non-white Jews along with Arabs.
    1948 borders pipe dream will never happen so might as well stash it, people who wanted you annihilated with the help of their brethren should not be rewarded in any way, screw them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    1948 borders pipe dream will never happen so might as well stash it, people who wanted you annihilated with the help of their brethren should not be rewarded in any way, screw them.
    The 1948 borders are the only legally recognized partition. I'm sure if Israel keeps interfering with American national interest, bombing American businesses, and selling America's nuclear secrets to enemies, settling the issue of occupied territories the same way things were settled with Serbia will become more attractive.

Deleted
    UN is right though. The modern jews are not the jews from ancient times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    The Ashkenazim Jews are from europe, lots of them have light colored eyes and light colored hair and white skin, but you can can still tell because of the nose and close set eyes. The semitic jews are basically arabs and look nothing like Ashkenazim jews except for the nose and eye separation width.
    You're too fixated on pigmentation or physical antropology, there are people in Central Asia (Afghanistan, Tajikistan) who are blond and have blue eyes, but that does not make them European.
    Ashkenazi and Sephardi Jews (I guess this is what you mean by 'semitic jews', because all Jews and Arabs are Semites) are extremelly similar genetically, you can't say one is European and the other is not. http://i.imgur.com/5jbkEdu.png
    Last edited by mmoc041784c2d8; 2016-10-15 at 09:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Nothing could make the UN work better than getting rid of the US. So good riddance and please, do let the door hit you on the way out.
    Don't cry when we jerk our aid to your country. =)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    UN is right though. The modern jews are not the jews from ancient times.
    The UN is not God. I would like to see them try to do something about it.

No, they are not. They were the majority when the state of Israel was declared in 1948, however today its 50/50 and in a few years (even today) they are minority as they have less children. Not that any of your points are valid even if they we the majority but you are wrong even on this claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    The people you are calling "terrorists" are in fact "freedom-fighters", no amount of stabbings is going to change this.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post

The UN is not God. I would like to see them try to do something about it.
    Since when is God a substitute for reality ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Other than marching in and claiming it as their own, modern day Jews and Israelis have no more connection to Jerusalem than I do to Timbuktu.
    The same can be said about any conquered city, like Istanbul.
    Whether they have a connection or not to it, is highly irrelevant, as those people aren't going anywhere, and Israel won't relinquish control of it just because the UNESCO is throwing a tantrum.

The 1948 borders are the only legally recognized partition. I'm sure if Israel keeps interfering with American national interest, bombing American businesses, and selling America's nuclear secrets to enemies, settling the issue of occupied territories the same way things were settled with Serbia will become more attractive.
    Don't drown in your wet dream pal.

Quote Originally Posted by NaNaaru View Post
    To say that Israel has no connection to the Temple Mount and Western Wall is like saying China has no connection to the Great Wall."
    China has nothing to do with Great Wall.
    Mexico built it.

Just like the wall between Mexico and US, Mexico paid and built ALL walls.
    Mexico sneak in. They have to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Seeing as how much the US is blocking the democratic processes of the UN...yah. So no need to hang around, you're probably happier alone. Buh-bye!
    Yes yes, democratic processes. Right. UNSC have two camps, in which one side blocks the another one on almost anything and vice versa.
    What where you talking about democratic processes?
    P.S.
    Note that I said both sides are doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The United Nation Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) passed a draft resolution on Thursday that failed to acknowledge the Jewish people's ties to the Temple Mount, raising ire in Israel.

Nice clickbait title though.
    And what is that website?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    To say they have no connection at all to Jerusalem isn't really accurate, but if you're going down that road, Christians and Muslims have at least as much of a connection to it. It's a historical city after all.
    That being said, while I have absolutely nothing against Jews as a whole, I do like seeing Israel being taken down a peg and I LOVE to see Nethanyahu sputter and spit in impotent rage.
    In recent years and especially under his leadership, formerly respectable Israel has devolved into a bubbling cauldron of xenophobia and toxic nationalism that would ironically enough make Hitler jealous. And in blatant disregard of international law they keep greenlighting illegal settlements in Gaza, always nipping at the borders of another country. Then Israel cries terrorists when Palestine tries to retaliate with rockets literally made from scrap metal, flying there with top-of the-line military hardware and indiscriminately bombing civilians while the US sends them 3 billion dollars a year for some reason.

He doesn't get as much coverage, but Nethanyahu is at least as bad as Erdogan is.