Emerald Nightmare dps on last bosses ?

Hey. We aren't the most serious guild and i am in no way a good player, but i would call myself atleast decent.

On the first fights i always top the meters as assassin. Today i did about 270k on Nythendra, 280 ish on dragons, 300k on ursoc and usualy 240-250 on Spider, Except today, it was terrible, don't really know why.

But on the last bosses, I have no chance at beating the others, Locks, mages, Monks, Dh's and so on.
    On ill'gynoth, cenarius and Xavius i am getting in the middle of the meters.

What i am wondering here, Is this normal or am i doing something wrong on those fights, Should i as a assassin be among the top on those fights aswell ? Atleast Xavius and cenarius. Many times as the only rogue on cenarius i have to run out and clear bramble. So i will lose some dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Hey. We aren't the most serious guild and i am in no way a good player, but i would call myself atleast decent.

On the first fights i always top the meters as assassin. Today i did about 270k on Nythendra, 280 ish on dragons, 300k on ursoc and usualy 240-250 on Spider, Except today, it was terrible, don't really know why.

But on the last bosses, I have no chance at beating the others, Locks, mages, Monks, Dh's and so on.

What i am wondering here, Is this normal or am i doing something wrong on those fights, Should i as a assassin be among the top on those fights aswell ? Atleast Xavius and cenarius. Many times as the only rogue on cenarius i have to run out and clear bramble. So i will lose some dps.
    I am experiencing the same.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...y2Dhx#fight=22

These are logs from our normal clear and 5/7 heroic today's raid (I finally got my first legendary btw hurray). As you can see, I'm typically doing very good on Nythendra, Ursoc (N+H) and Xavius normal - usually well in the 90th percentile too. Dragons are so so.

Elerethe and Il'gynoth are the worst. No idea what I'm doing wrong on Elerethe apart from our messy kill on heroic. On heroic Il'gynoth I was doing 250k but still I ranked around the 85th percentile, so I think at least on that fight assassination rogues typically don't do that well. Our ST burst on the eye is quite good though. As for Cenarius, I lose a lot of DPS by having my dots roll on targets while running towards other targets.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post

Il'gnoth there's not much we can do as assassination, you can cleave Rupture on all blobs but it's risky since other people will also DPS them while it's not time to kill them, risking blowing them before they reach the eye

Cenarius we can do nicely BUT there's too much target swapping to deal with, so we may fall behind against ranged classes or "super mobile" classes

On Xavius you're bound to be one of the best DPS, you can cleave the add from 1st phase so gud ( maintaining Rupture/Poison on it while DPS'ing Xavius, or focusing it and Rupture/Poison on Xavius depending on your raid strategy ), the only problem is tentacles phase, you can even cleave Rupture on the nearest ones but if there's mage/spriest/lock they'll just spam dot/cleave shit and will get ahead of you, and also, make use of the dream mechanic ( popping all cooldowns inside it and trying to always use them when you can so they get refreshed when you wake up )

I pulled 309k on Cenarius heroic, and 374k on Xavius heroic as AP assasination, 368k on dragons, was on 381k on Nythendra but I died due to housemate deciding it would be a fantastic idea to restart the router without telling me, other bosses was average 300k dps, except ilgynoth.

Deleted
    The only way to top dps on Il'gynoth as assa is to be lucky enough to proc poison bomb twice on every blob pack. On xavius p2 and 3 we are also at a disadvantage since p2 adds die too fast for us and p3 adds are just a padding tool for ranged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fcc View Post
    I pulled 309k on Cenarius heroic, and 374k on Xavius heroic as AP assasination, 368k on dragons, was on 381k on Nythendra but I died due to housemate deciding it would be a fantastic idea to restart the router without telling me, other bosses was average 300k dps, except ilgynoth.
    That looks pretty good. What's your ilvl and do you have logs for that? Remember, recount DPS =/= logs DPS. I had 3 blessings of might on me for Nythendra and recount showed 400k+ DPS when I ended the fight. Logs were 354k since they count active DPS and redirect the BoM damage to the paladin

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Il'gnoth there's not much we can do as assassination, you can cleave Rupture on all blobs but it's risky since other people will also DPS them while it's not time to kill them, risking blowing them before they reach the eye

Cenarius we can do nicely BUT there's too much target swapping to deal with, so we may fall behind against ranged classes or "super mobile" classes

On Xavius you're bound to be one of the best DPS, you can cleave the add from 1st phase so gud ( maintaining Rupture/Poison on it while DPS'ing Xavius, or focusing it and Rupture/Poison on Xavius depending on your raid strategy ), the only problem is tentacles phase, you can even cleave Rupture on the nearest ones but if there's mage/spriest/lock they'll just spam dot/cleave shit and will get ahead of you, and also, make use of the dream mechanic ( popping all cooldowns inside it and trying to always use them when you can so they get refreshed when you wake up )
    On Xavius i am maintaining the cleave dots on the adds. But the last phase when the tentacles come up the firemage and more or less every aoe dps class like monks and DH just shoot past me. But i guess that is stat padding mainly. I focus on the target and the aoe adds. Igoring tentacles 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Gaeral View Post
    That looks pretty good. What's your ilvl and do you have logs for that? Remember, recount DPS =/= logs DPS. I had 3 blessings of might on me for Nythendra and recount showed 400k+ DPS when I ended the fight. Logs were 354k since they count active DPS and redirect the BoM damage to the paladin
    @glowpipe I only dot cleave the first big add.
    Certainly do, I am ilevel 861.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...9g7kw#fight=13

I'm not gonna lie, I played like shit for some of the fights and was not paying attention, so there will be some deaths and since we use Details! it drops your DPS steadily while dead.

Yes I died to cacophony on Ursoc =(
    Last edited by fcc; 2016-10-14 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted

I'm not gonna lie, I played like shit for some of the fights and was not paying attention, so there will be some deaths and since we use Details! it drops your DPS steadily while dead.

Some good logs on Cenarius and Elerethe, indeed. Those are fights I am typically struggling on due to the downtime (eg when Elerethe switches platforms my dots are still ticking causing me to lose a lot of active dps, soaking roots on Cenarius etc). I'm at the same ilvl as you (for last night's logs, see earlier this post) with the legendary boots since yesterday.

If I may suggest something for your guild, it's probably a good idea to kill Il'gynoth in his first heart phase. We did and your DPS seems around the same place as ours.

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    People need to get over their obsession with DPS meters. Assassination is honestly really good at Il'gynoth. The DPS meters are irrelevant on this fight because classes with high burst AoE on the Ichors will always win overall damage.

Il'gynoth is still a heavy priority target fight. Despite the fact that the Ichors need to die at the eye to kill the boss, they're the lowest priority in this fight. The Tentacles and Horror are the most important adds to kill and something Assassination is really good at, Especially since the tentacles often come in multiples and often in groups of 2.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    People need to get over their obsession with DPS meters. Assassination is honestly really good at Il'gynoth. The DPS meters are irrelevant on this fight because classes with high burst AoE on the Ichors will always win overall damage.

Il'gynoth is still a heavy priority target fight. Despite the fact that the Ichors need to die at the eye to kill the boss, they're the lowest priority in this fight. The Tentacles and Horror are the most important adds to kill and something Assassination is really good at, Especially since the tentacles often come in multiples and often in groups of 2.
    I do agree with this

That legendary ring is strong...

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    People need to get over their obsession with DPS meters.

This right here. DPS meters are great to see who's over/under performing or performing at par. There are some fights, il'gynoth is a great example, that are made so other classes succeed. In this case, ranged dps cleave. Your hunters (and i think spriests, don't know too much about that class) should be wrecking the meters on that fight. They're great friendly competition too on some fights. I'm a Sub rogue and my guildies are like wow you do a ton of dps in heroic EN, but I know i'm gonna dip a little in mythic because others are starting to catch up with gear and the adds on certain fights. If i wanted to own the meters for mythic EN i would go assasination, but it's not like my dps is going to be so bad I'm not contributing.

To OP:

Cenarius and Xavius are not exactly friendly rogue fights. I'm not sure of your raid comp, but I'm the only rogue in my raid and I only clear brambles as emergency. Ranged dps should clear as they are kiting them. You should see your dps uptick a lot when the two adds come out as assasination. I don't play assasination but that is where it really excels and shines. Probably not gonna top the meter but should contribute some solid deeps. On Xavius, again you should be multidotting the big add and Xav. Once that add dies, you will prob see dps dip. For my raid, I just train Xavius because the other dps can melt the other adds pretty quickly, and I was losing out on some time on shadow dance charges. I would ask raid lead to see if as a rogue you can just train boss, as I think you would be contributing a lot more in terms of dps. If you see a puddle needs soaked and no one is soaking, just sprint and go grab it if dreaming.
    Last edited by milkbonez; 2016-10-15 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    That legendary ring is strong...
    Yeah it really is for assa/sub, was about ~4-5% of my damage as outlaw though.