Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Oh look, another "Does Blizzard care about (X class)?"

There's one of these for EVERY SINGLE CLASS. Like, I'm sure I'm just coming off being a prick here and it is a tad intentional but there's sooo many of these threads about pretty much every class. Does it really merit being asked again?

Now, honestly, in context? The devs are doing a really poor ass job of addressing the community for EVERY CLASS. Hunter, DK, you name it. But in this, Hunter is not some magical exception like this title tries to imply.

Beyond that, Hunters got wrecked pretty much the hardest IMO out of any of these supposeded "overhauls". Hunter has just been decimated. BM is horrible, MM is horrible. SV is .. unique and far, far more active, so it's no shock some people are beginning to fantasize about being accepted into raid groups as a SV Hunter (which we know due to a toxic, misinformed and extremely judgemental community who thinks they understand the entire 100% -- but really barely know how the game even functions or how to do anything correctly -- that won't happen).

This is ESPECIALLY amazing when Hunter was in decent shape at the end of WOD and needed some tweaks like giving MM an instant or two maybe to help with a little more mobility and less "long, hard casts" which can get downright boring -- and BM needed another baseline cooldown shot or something to add a bit more to a lacking rotation.

No one wanted a melee Hunter, so that's pretty hilarious. What's even funnier is people now giving it a try and liking it, myself included in a sense but I chose it because I don't wanna play MM and BM is utter garbage now. It's damn near a 2 button rotation. What the freakin' fuck? Who looked at that and said: "This will be fun!"?

MM spends it's entire time staring at that debuff on the enemy and making sure to keep it reapplied. It can be maintained enough, it may as well just be 100% uptime passively.

ATLEAST they are looking at god awful Barrage is right now. That ability has been terrible and hard to predict/control since the beginning. A reddit post made me laugh when someone said: "What is the range on Barrage?" and the response was: "If you can SEE the mob, Barrage is going to hit it." That isn't entirely true but it profoundly demonstrates the issue about how it functions in reality.

So atleast they are willing to look at that. Small steps?

We were told on BETA: "Don't bother giving class feedback, we don't care," by Celestalon.
    I'll be impressed if they suddenly decide to get off their asses, listen and DO something. For Hunters, or ANY class.

(This has been a total off-the-cuff post, with my frustrations thrown in clearly and openly as a bonus!)

Balance-wise, Hunters are in a really good place. Fire Mage has some wonky reasons why they're reaching such high numbers, but for a majority of people(Didn't get bis legendary) it's not going to stretch that high.

QoL hunter could use a bit of work, but I wouldn't say they're the worst by ANY stretch of the imagination. We still have a spec who is forced to suicide every fight to pull competitive numbers. Because THAT'S fun. One of the tanks has 1/6th the logs of the next rarest tanks. BrM has to work 3-4x as hard for half the result. Why take a squishy BrM who HAS to be very skilled to even be "okay" when you can just take a bear druid who smashes his face on the keyboard and takes 1/5th the damage?

Sub Rogue, Frost mage, Frost DK are all so far behind in every facet of the game, it's almost laughable. Feral's rotation is so damn complex, not even the pros can manage to pull anything near what sims suggest - also Blood Talons vs the other two talents is a 60k dps LOSS to not take - Yeah, THAT'S a choice. Demo lock has to keep up with the uptime on 4-5 different pet times so he knows whether or not to cast his artifact ability - That's fun. Also, moving ever tanks their DPS. Affliction isn't even viable where it should be strong.

So, with 1/4th of the specs in the game either unplayable or so far behind that nobody SHOULD play them, Should their primary focus really be on hunters - who are all in all doing exceptionally well?

Deleted
    The class is boring as fuck but its nowhere near weak, quite the opposite.

I'm tired of this community of min-maxers pretending they represent everyone who just argue and pigeonhole the game into a number competition.

I couldn't give a damn about what a min-maxer thinks. Those guys don't play games, they just do their math in every game to ruin it for everyone else. Should some dude playing with 5% of the playerbase at top level matter more than any other customer of this game? Just because he doesn't want to be middle of the pack instead of top 1 dps? Who cares? Is this game all about mythic raiding and the rest is useless? What a great design for an MMO

How about we care about mechanics and not "my number is bigger than yours"?

I rather they make classes interesting rather than just having big numbers to satisfy someones' ego. Legion has failed at this by removing so much utility from every class (bar paladins)

- - - Updated - - -

Its also pretty hilarious to compare hunter's gameplay in WoW with hunter archetypes in mobas. There is actually more depth in those games than many current dps classes in Legion. You thought WoD was already braindead enough? Hah! Legion is even better hell yeah!!! Nice job the wow team!

When I'm having more fun with Sylvanas in heroes of the storm than any hunter spec in WoW, there is something wrong. I know, its subjective, but what is objective is the class pruning, those are facts.

Deleted
    When I read threads like this about classes that have static rotations and are fairly high on the DPS meters I just wish they nerf it to the ground, you know frost DK ground, so you can make a proper case. I don't want to be mean to anyone but the only hunters that should complain are people playing survival. Survival is getting the gladiator warrior DPS treatment.
    Glad did broken high damage, then they grounded it hard, then they didnt know how to factor in tier sets and they just left it to rot untill the termination notice being given in the first beta notes.
    Survival has a good fantasy, but they should lay of the traps and rework that stack system. Think the ultimate survival hunter NPC is rexxar. 3 beasts constantly switching in and out as you use your spells and I don't mean a static rotation of buff upkeep like enh shammy. I mean like stance triggers on certain abilities, when in stance you would get short term buffs and spells would alter to it. Having procs on one ability make you switch from stance to stance altering your rotation and rewarding you with a damage increase. Would make the spec fast, fun, rewarding. On par with fantasy would be when switching spec another beast charges in and your animations do combinations with the active beast.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Every hunter spec is worse than it was in WOD
    True, which is quite the feat considering hunter specs in WoD were already boring.

Deleted
    blizz just needs to hire a class forum manager, or more community managers. or even some intern who says "weve read it, fowarding" once a month in class forums.

Deleted
    Marksmen is one of the better specs in EN at the moment..

BM is one of the best mythic specs in game (as is mm) and with titans thunder has good ST.. but is behind the obviously OP specs like fire mage and enhance atm. Still it could do with a small buff to damage outside of cds

Which really only leaves survival being garbage.. clunky rotation.. far more challenging the bm/mm and still awful damage..

They need to get rid of raptor strike and tie everything into flanking strike and the MAYBE it will be worth running

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Nice to hear you finally got out of that 5 year coma friend
    Mages, rogues, frost dks and fury warriors... Hunters were behind of those. And i don't talk from sims but from hc/mythic experience.

If hunter specs were boring to play in WoD, you weren't playing them correctly. There was a lot to look out for. Right now MM is the only one that takes any thought, and it's also the most frustrating to play due to total RNG lockdowns.

Hunters changed more than any class as a whole... And they weren't changes anyone was asking for. We also got no feedback in alpha/beta.

The claim that they don't care isn't unfounded. I was at least seeing a lot of dev interaction in other class forums. Hunter is my main, but far from the only class I play. With a 100+ of every class I can safely say that hunters took the biggest hit.

The other thing to consider is that at least we don't suck. We have been good every single expansion. Rarely leading the boards, but never in a situation where we aren't able to dish out high damage, despite the encounter, where you see others excel at one fight and be rendered useless on the next.

We need a rework, but they just recently responded saying that "hunters are on our radar" so at least that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    BM is pretty boring with its 3 Button Rotation. And MM should have kept instant Aimed shot from the 4 Piece. Would make this Spec much more enjoyable.

Hunters in Legion are just a big Disappointment (for me)
    +1
    Every word in stone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    In case you're on EU, hunters on the US realms have a discussion post with 71 pages of feedback. On the Q&A today the only hunter related question they answered was about barrage. Keep in mind this is part 2. Hunters are starting to reroll and even quit. The real kicker is Ion saying we still had deterrance.
    people still submit on the forums? blizzard doesnt care, nor they care to read the forum. the devs dont even read it themselves! the whole team aside from art department is a joke. every day passing i regret buying it. hunters in legion; ping pong playing pigeons.

i just leveled a mage, playing frost and i enjoy it more.. for a boosted char and class i had not played in the past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    with a glyph, not by default. Also i've played a hunter since vanilla. Are we done with dick waving yet?

Is this the hill you people actually want to die on? Whining about a dev mistaking the name that has been in the game since 3.0, for the one thats been in the game for 1.5 months?
    you just said you played since vanilla.. and then claim deterence wasnt a thing until wotlk? -.-
    Vanilla survival hunter says hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefbarrier View Post
    you just said you played since vanilla.. and then claim deterence wasnt a thing until wotlk? -.-
    Wasn't that counter attack, deflect or something like that?
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Wasn't that counter attack, deflect or something like that?
    Nope
    When you use it it was only have chance to prock when you parry a attack to get active and root your target for like 3 seconds (if i remember correct).Back in the time we was only one class who have multiple tools to keep our foe in range
    Back in the time Surval tree in talents was used only to boost our survivability and enhance our traps.Things like mongoose bite and raptor strike was just to ensure that we have to do something when melees get in our death range.Techically Hunter now is far more ahead than Vanilla times where your only damaging ability was Aimed shot and we FD to drink mana im middle of the fight.Currents SVV can be really ridicilus spec if damn Blizzard did not put all of his survivabilty in to damn PvP talents
    Hunters was in their shine position in Wrath where Armor penetration and instant cast aimed shot put us hand to hand with the mages
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-10-17 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefbarrier View Post
    So you played the wrong spec up until WoTLK and are using that to try and +1 up me?

Only thing you went into survival for was for entrapment and MAYBE improved wing clip but that was only for pvp.

I mean if you want to be pedantic we can do that with other classes too - Dark Pact the warlock spell has been in the game since vanilla. A completely true and useless statement.

What matters is when dark pact changed, which is in 5.0. Likewise, Deterrence only became relevant in 3.0.

Try again, 'Vanilla Survival Hunter'

let me guess you had thunderfury too.

heres my hunter that i don't own, play or have played in vanilla, nor have i even witnessed a hunter in game ever and don't even know what the word hunter means.

The fuckin logic around here is palpable
    Last edited by Sliske; 2016-10-17 at 03:40 AM.

Deleted
    He got a point tho.

Hunter may not have been the worst but compared to all the other dps-only specs hunter got kinda the least love from daddy blizzard.

The only reason why hunter is "a top dps" is that hunters got an auto-aoe in their rotation and the current raid has a lot of use for an aoe-based rotation mixed with decent single target damage. If you compare hunter over the last 2 expansions to any other pure dps class then hunters are nowhere near mages, warlocks and rogues.

In MoP I raided progress (top10) and the only reason why we got a hunter in our raid was to not waste loot and bring an officer. We had 3 geat hunters in our guild but we simply could not bring them. I was one of them. I did top20 rankings on a regular basis while we split raided mogu, HoF and terrace. The only encounter I got to chance to get a first kill on was when we needed hunter utility (slow traps) or when it got into the late/early hours and people had to leave.

For some reason blizzard never wanted hunters to be a top performing dps class in the past. We were allways a middle of the pack dps while mages, rogues and locks were battling for the throne. We are blizzards retarded child. I haven't ptr raided blackhold but I'm kinda sure if those encounters aren't that cleave/aoe based then hunters are gonna fall back into mediocrity again.

Simcraft does not tell the truth but... you can clearly see without the aoe mechanics hunters wouldn't be as relevant as they are right now. I hope we stay in the top-area but I kinda have a bad feeling about the near future.
    Last edited by mmocdb0456d826; 2016-10-17 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post
    He got a point tho.

Hunter may not have been the worst but compared to all the other dps-only specs hunter got kinda the least love from daddy blizzard.

The only reason why hunter is "a top dps" is that hunters got an auto-aoe in their rotation and the current raid has a lot of use for an aoe-based rotation mixed with decent single target damage. If you compare hunter over the last 2 expansions to any other pure dps class then hunters are nowhere near mages, warlocks and rogues.

In MoP I raided progress (top10) and the only reason why we got a hunter in our raid was to not waste loot and bring an officer. We had 3 geat hunters in our guild but we simply could not bring them. I was one of them. I did top20 rankings on a regular basis while we split raided mogu, HoF and terrace. The only encounter I got to chance to get a first kill on was when we needed hunter utility (slow traps) or when it got into the late/early hours and people had to leave.

For some reason blizzard never wanted hunters to be a top performing dps class in the past. We were allways a middle of the pack dps while mages, rogues and locks were battling for the throne. We are blizzards retarded child. I haven't ptr raided blackhold but I'm kinda sure if those encounters aren't that cleave/aoe based then hunters are gonna fall back into mediocrity again.

Simcraft does not tell the truth but... you can clearly see without the aoe mechanics hunters wouldn't be as relevant as they are right now. I hope we stay in the top-area but I kinda have a bad feeling about the near future.
    MoP first tier hunters were insane particularly BM. What're you talking about?

Deleted
    Hunter wasn't insane. Hunters wer okay compared to the other pure dps speccs

Locks and mages dominated everything. Have you even raided mogu hof and terrace?

We had like 4-5locks and 3 mages in most of our kills because those guys were insane.
    Last edited by mmocdb0456d826; 2016-10-17 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post
    Hunter wasn't insane.

Locks and mages dominated everything. Have you even raided mogu hof and terrace?

We had like 4-5locks + 3mages in most of our kills because those guys were insane.
    Its the shame the logs are corrupted then by people going back with TOT gear, or you'd be eating your words

Deleted
    you remember fighst suhc as garalon where hunters did not even scale with the bonus leg damage? or all the multi-dot fights?

especially HoF was a shit show for hunters