Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hello Everyone,

I feel like im struggling in DPS specially considering I have 858 iLvl yet Im always 9th and below in meters, So I was wondering on how I can improve my performance.

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Carotid/simple

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jbh9aQfgMLY4GnVk

Thank you, have a nice day!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carotid View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I feel like im struggling in DPS specially considering I have 858 iLvl yet Im always 9th and below in meters, So I was wondering on how I can improve my performance.

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Carotid/simple

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jbh9aQfgMLY4GnVk

Thank you, have a nice day!
    Xavius kill:
    3% GBoM damage. Means you only placed GBoM on one person instead of 3. (It should be around 9-11% of your damage.) Prioritize this buff to Arms warriors > Highest DPS.
    Could've gotten 1 or 2 more WoA's off in the time you killed it
    No flask?

Can't access your resources, because the logs arent logged with Advanced Combat Logging enabled. So not possible to go in depth. Ima use some shitty napkin math right now to calculate the following (I will probably miss something):

Generated HoPo with Zeal+BoW+WoA: 311
    Spent HoPo with TV: 294

Wasted HoPo: 17. Which is 5 TV's you've could've done more.

Also can't access the artifact path you took, so I cant tell if thats any good.

Armory:
    Shit trinkets. Get FCM from Vault of the Wardens. A Horn of Valor is an acceptable alternative (not nearly as good though). As reference: https://simc.derig.org/static/output/ft.html
    Talents seem fine. I take it that Zeal sims higher than TFoJ for you on ST?
    No neck enchant (Hidden Satyr: which is ~2% dps)
    No back enchant
    Missing a ring enchant
    Try to get +2.5s AW relics for your weapons, as they are insanely good.

Hoping this helped. Rotation overall looks good as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by mmoc38b65387c3; 2016-10-13 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by istoman View Post
    Oh, with all this crit VB doesn't beat BoW ?...
    I was thinking about switching to it since I got 27% crit right now, but meh... I mean yeah BoW can fall off a dead target, but come on, how much damage will you lose from this ? Knowing this happens pretty rarely :/

I also got another question, I don't know if this was answered already, but I currently run Nature's call 850/FCM840, but I have both Spiked Counterweight and Mark of Dargrul, 840+, according to the sim on MrRobot, Nature's call does 0.4% of my DPS, how can it be so bad ? Is MrRobot failing to calculate it or is it indeed that bad ? Should I get a Dominion deck ? MrRobot is also ranking it pretty badly, I'm starting to think the formula isn't taking buffs like this in account correctly
    I forgot I should've added some logs : warcraftlogs.com/reports/gdN9CKz4ThHPQXGD/#boss=-2&wipes=2
    Yesterday NM night, I'm not badly ranked, but I'm always looking to push further and do better every time

And my sheet : eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/hyjal/Elysaa/advanced
    I'm lacking an enchant, but I'm waiting to get a 865.

As for the stat priority... I'm a bit lost, I had the chance to talk with Thete and he told me to not go over 30%, I thought you had to, so if I could get like 29% haste with food, everything else on crit, and nothing beside would it be ok ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphenz View Post
    Xavius kill:
    3% GBoM damage. Means you only placed GBoM on one person instead of 3. (It should be around 9-11% of your damage.) Prioritize this buff to Arms warriors > Highest DPS.
    Could've gotten 1 or 2 more WoA's off in the time you killed it
    No flask?

Can't access your resources, because the logs arent logged with Advanced Combat Logging enabled. So not possible to go in depth. Ima use some shitty napkin math right now to calculate the following (I will probably miss something):

Generated HoPo with Zeal+BoW+WoA: 311
    Spent HoPo with TV: 294

Wasted HoPo: 17. Which is 5 TV's you've could've done more.

Also can't access the artifact path you took, so I cant tell if thats any good.

Armory:
    Shit trinkets. Get FCM from Vault of the Wardens. A Horn of Valor is an acceptable alternative (not nearly as good though).
    Talents seem fine. I take it that Zeal sims higher than TFoJ for you on ST?
    No neck enchant (Hidden Satyr: which is ~2% dps)
    No back enchant
    Missing a ring enchant
    Try to get +2.5s AW relics for your weapons, as they are insanely good.

Hoping this helped. Rotation overall looks good as far as I can tell.
    Well, Thank you first of all for your reply really appreciate it.

Second, This is my artifact weapon talent: wowhead.co m/artifact-calc/paladin/retribution/G4nrICACgBApAwKgMCwDAxAQMgMDMCA1AxXgFPsB
    So no WoA trait thats why I dont use it as much didnt spec it the right way, and do you have anything regarding the Haste/Crit/Versatility/ Mastery of my charracter?

@istoman I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. I looked at Nature's call for you and it looks correct. Here's some info.

1. Only 1 of the buffs from the trinket is a direct damage buff, which is what the 0.4% is representing.
    2. Expand the 'buffs' section under the main report and you can see that the other buffs show up.
    3. When we rank trinkets in the gear rankings, which are all ranked directly from simulations, it is correctly ranking. See reports below.

Nature's call report examples

-- I compared just 2 trinkets, to give you a reference. This report ISOLATES the proc, ignoring any stats on the item. This is really helpful in making sure the proc is being correctly simulated. This shows the damage the procs are doing: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...acf186110e3a2f

-- Those same 2 trinkets, but stats are now also included, so the whole trinket is getting ranked. This shows the damage from bot the proc and extra stats. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...76eae88c54c760

Hope that helps! And let me know if anything looks off after reviewing those reports.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carotid View Post
    Well, Thank you first of all for your reply really appreciate it.

Second, This is my artifact weapon talent: wowhead.co m/artifact-calc/paladin/retribution/G4nrICACgBApAwKgMCwDAxAQMgMDMCA1AxXgFPsB
    So no WoA trait thats why I dont use it as much didnt spec it the right way, and do you have anything regarding the Haste/Crit/Versatility/ Mastery of my charracter?
    Well there ya go. That A2A trait is a must have.. Actually, you rushed the golden trait rets usually save for last. So you're missing out on an insane A2A trait, and a 5-7ish% dps increase from Echo of the Highlord.
    Stat distribution looks about right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my 2nd golden trait last night but still feel like my DPS can improve. Here are 3 fights from H EN last night.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=3 (Ursoc)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=3 (Cenarius)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=3 (Xavius)

Any imput/tips are appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmbryant91 View Post
    Got my 2nd golden trait last night but still feel like my DPS can improve. Here are 3 fights from H EN last night.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=3 (Ursoc)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=3 (Cenarius)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=3 (Xavius)

armory

Any imput/tips are appreciated.
    Im not very good at reading rotations in logs, but I'll try to show you what I notice.

Armory
    Ravaged Seed Pod is quite literally useless. Try to replace it ASAP.
    825 Horn is pretty bad as well. Try this trinket list for upgrades: https://simc.derig.org/static/output/ft.html (this list will change when 7.1 hits)
    Insane amount of mastery. I take it its because of how drops ended up for you, but try to drop it and get more crit/haste. 7% Versatility seems decent.
    No neck enchant (~2% dps)
    Your rings have an insane amount of mastery. Might we worth it to drop ilvls on the rings for better stats (haste/vers/crit).This is just guessing though, got to sim your character to find out.
    Talents and artifact path seem good.

Logs
    Looks like a very low amount of BoW casts, on pretty much every fight.
    Might want to use Shield of Vengeance offensively instead of defensively. It does quite a bit of damage.
    No potion use hurts dps quite a bit, as its a big part of rets dps. But understandable to not use it.

Cant see a whole lot wrong other than that. I feel like you prioritize BoW too little (and thus gaining too little x2 HoPo, and thus doing less TVs). Trinket changes should add quite a bit of dps.
    Last edited by mmoc38b65387c3; 2016-10-15 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    Zoopercat :

Thanks a lot for that answer ! I'm pleasantly surprised you answered me

I'll just get a Chaos Talisman or Memento and I'll get going

Of course, happy to help @istoman. I also like keeping an eye on these things - just in case something is wrong on our simulator, looking into these things for people helps me verify our simulator is right, or find something that is wrong and needs fixing.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Deleted
    Guys, im struggling with my dps at Mythic Ursoc and i dont know why. I think im doing pretty well at other bosses, but at Ursoc's trys my percentile really sucks.

This one is tonights best try:

warcraftlogs.com/reports/dYNRTkQFCgMmZLXc#type=damage-done&fight=14&source=26

And this is my armory:

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/uldum/Misantropia/simple

I dont really think its my gears fault and i dont know what the fuck its going on.

Thanks btw

So I rerolled ret last week from boomkin, and not 100% happy with my dps on heroic xavius. Can someone with more knowledge than me please have a look at logs and tell me what it is I need to work on or if it just my weapon holding me back (unlocking 3rd relic tomorrow and upgrading to 880)
    Thank you
    (Cheap ring enchants and gems and no neck enchant as my items aren't worth the gold)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=0&end=396334

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ation/advanced
    Last edited by Verf; 2016-10-17 at 01:07 AM.

I need some insight on my trinket choice guys. I've been rolling with 2 trinks both 850, with stg and crit. But now i have 840 chrono shard and Nature's Call from Cenarius. I kinda prefer trinkets with fixxed stats instead of proc ones, but what u guys think about the shard and nature's call? Should i start using them and loose that much crit and stg?

Equipped my highest ilvl gear and simmed as an experiment.
    Simcraft showed a DPS increase despite haste dropping down to 18%.
    That's with TFoJ +VB setup.
    Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Equipped my highest ilvl gear and simmed as an experiment.
    Simcraft showed a DPS increase despite haste dropping down to 18%.
    That's with TFoJ +VB setup.
    Huh.
    Once your haste falls low you need to keep track of your Judgment debuff on your target.
    Make sure you have the debuff when using TV.

This means there will be a time when you have 3HP and Judgment is about to run out, so you use TV instead of pooling more HP.
    Even when you have 5HP you can throw an extra CS if Judgment is 1-2 sec from coming back up.

Deleted
    Hey guys. I'm having a little trouble understanding my sims. When I look at ret paladins who rank on different bosses in EN, it seems like they have relatively lower haste than me. I'm sitting around 30% buffed and when I sim my character I'm still getting haste as my best stat until I reach just over 30% (dont know the exact breakpoint).

Is there any reason why some gear sets would be preferring haste over others? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

My character is Zatrox on Ravencrest-EU.

Deleted
    Because theres a breakpoint at 31.5% thats not really worth chasing.

Deleted
    Hello, is there a way that I can tell Simcraft to respect the Haste breakpoint? I currently have 26.33% Haste and 33.30% Crit on item level 860. I always thought that one should not exceed the 22% Haste softcap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alodia View Post
    Hello, is there a way that I can tell Simcraft to respect the Haste breakpoint? I currently have 26.33% Haste and 33.30% Crit on item level 860. I always thought that one should not exceed the 22% Haste softcap.
    There is no haste softcap, and certainly not at 22%. Why did you think that if you don't mind me asking?

Tbh I am happy enough with 18% haste and 31% crit.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk