Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I don't save my sim results and my gear has changed substantially since the sim I mentioned

My legendary research finishes tomorrow, and if I don't get a third legendary before then, I will try to fit the neck back into my gear over my current 870 neck. If you'd be interested in my results, I can post those to the ret guide thread.
    I would be interested, thanks! I'll keep an eye out for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the same neck as Ret. Feels horrible. It worsened my dps too. I can feel it in raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Got the neck on my Fire mage and it felt real bad.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Want some cheese with your whine?
    At least you have aditional 300.000dmg shield so you can fail more in mythics
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

You'll get over it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    That's got to be some godlike necklace you have, if it's better than 45 ilvls and the legendary effect.
    the problem with necks is the severe lack of primary stats. if theyre horrible secondary stats, then its not hard for a legendary neck to be worse than an 850. especially considering how ilvl scaling works this expansion.

as for the legendary effect, im guessing its probably the grants 15% max health shield if you dont take damage for a few seconds, on a 30 second cd. thats a decent effect, but not worth losing massive stats.

if i got it as a fire mage, it has no crit, so theres no possible way id use it over say, a 1200 crit 850 neck.

Ok mate. Thanks for the info.

Deleted
    As of this morning my druid can equip two legendarys.

Guess how many i have...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    Want some cheese with your whine?
    At least you have aditional 300.000dmg shield so you can fail more in mythics
    Thank you for relieving me of the despair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatali View Post
    snip
    But that is the whole point. I am fully aware that statweights fluctuate at certain cut-offs (haste especially).
    In reality you can prove that both necks differs at certain stat points. I am sure that you can find numbers of certain haste values, where the statweight is totally gutted, resulting in the Legendary being a bit better. But in general that's not the case.

The reason I replied to @Laurcus was that the implied it was a "10% damage increase" (even if he got triggered by another post), and that is - massively wrong -

I simply sympathize with TS, because the Prydaz neck is such a letdown to get. (And you can cry all you want, that "oh he got a legendary, be happy you spoiled brat", but what really happened is he/she got an item which is equal or worse than a simple 850 AH item and the Bad Luck protection is broken). I was actually quite happy when I got my piece (Chain of Thrayn) because even though the effect is worthless, its stats are really good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I got the necklace too...

...and I even got it in beta too.

The thing people don't seem to think about, other than "You got a Legendary and I don't have one, be thankful.", is the downside of getting this thing. I'm not sure how bad it is compared to other legendaries in specific, but to me it feels like the 2nd worst Legendary we could get (The one so blessings heals has the worst effect, but at least got haste unlike that necklace). So this could definitely be a downgrade for raiders /M+ runners in terms of damage.

So what does this mean? Well, you remember how they have a 'bad luck protection' so that the more you loot without getting a legendary, the higher your chance will get to get an item? Now that he's got a preeeetty bad legendary item, that % drop chance just went down to to the original number, thus making it take even longer to gain another Legendary that's actually useful. So in some ways it actually do more harm than good...

I've probably ran more ret sims than anyone else on this forum, and I can 100% guarantee you that that 895 neck is an absolutely massive upgrade for you. Probably around a 10% damage upgrade.
    yeah right.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Worst thing about Legendaries seems like people getting them and complaining that they aren't good enough.
    No worse thing is Blizzard creating legendary items that are worse then items you can get by spending 5min doing daily quest. There is nothing legendary in such items, except that they have orange name...

I guess those 18 days were well spent

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    This quote is beautiful.

OT: Also, that isn't exactly the worst legendary, that stupid crowd control ring is, unless you've gotten that I think your QQ is unjustified.
    That crowd control ring can be used to get a damage buff can be used on, 5 out of 7 bosses in hte Emerald nightmare...

How exactly is that useless?

Quote Originally Posted by Khorneflake View Post
    Wrong, necks and rings do not have intellect and their stat values for some classes are worthless in comparison to 850's (or even less), item level means bugger all when it comes to jewelry except for padding your total ilvl to look more appealing when signing for pugs, that's it, and you can accomplish that by just having it in your bag.

That being said, at least he got one and wont see that shit excuse for a legendary drop again.

The only good thing about it is that it's the shit one out of the way and the rest is golden...
    Sephuz's is still out there......
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Ya know what, you're right. I'm obviously just trying to save face here. Never once have I simmed my character or made any decision that will increase my dps.

You keep doing your middle of the pack dps. You're definitely on the right track.
    Your one *leaked* log showed you at 40 percentile of your ilvl respective to your spec. Get off your high horse, just because you got lucky with rolls getting 875 ilvl doesn't mean you aren't complete trash.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...#view=rankings

What a joke.
    Last edited by Typhoria; 2016-10-15 at 09:42 PM.

I dropped the back two weeks ago and i deal tons of damages in hm. Feelsbadman#

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Your one *leaked* log showed you at 40 percentile of your ilvl respective to your spec. Get off your high horse, just because you got lucky with rolls getting 875 ilvl doesn't mean you aren't complete trash.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...#view=rankings

What a joke.
    Man, people sure do love talking trash to me lately.

First off, I'm not lucky, I just have 25 days played at 110. When you're on all the time, you get gear.

Secondly, if you have any tips to up my dps or criticisms of my play, I more than welcome that.

Thirdly, there's 28 parses from people in my bracket, and the vast majority of those are in guilds that are more progressed than mine. Getting good rankings is a group effort. You can be the best dps in the world but if the group fails all the individual ranks suffer. The log you're looking at is a 6 minute kill with 14 deaths. The top ret log for Nythendra is a 4:29 kill. Kind of makes a big difference.

And lastly, if you look at my heroic and normal logs, I'm quite high on every single fight, though once again, I welcome tips from anyone. Never too good to learn something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Pain View Post
    I am provoked. Geting any kind of itemlevel 895 is a grand boost no matter what.
    Stop crying and be pleased.
    There is no way a 895 neck is worse than a 850 no matter what the stats are.
    Eventually you will get more legendaries, and geting 2 of a kind is something Blizzard says they have fixed and shouldnt happen.
    You don't seem to understand how jewelry works this expansion. As a DPS, secondary stats matter. If I have a 830 neck with mastery/haste (two best stats) and I get a 895 with crit/vers (worst stats), the 830 is very competitive with the 895 neck. If primary stats were on jewelry, this wouldn't be an issue, but it is now without primary stats. For many people, crafted necks especially with heavy stats (single stat crafted items), are very overpowered and can be very misleading when it comes to comparing ilvl. You can't simply assume that an 880 is better than 850 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    You don't seem to understand how jewelry works this expansion. As a DPS, secondary stats matter. If I have a 830 neck with mastery/haste (two best stats) and I get a 895 with crit/vers (worst stats), the 830 is very competitive with the 895 neck. If primary stats were on jewelry, this wouldn't be an issue, but it is now without primary stats. For many people, crafted necks especially with heavy stats (single stat crafted items), are very overpowered and can be very misleading when it comes to comparing ilvl. You can't simply assume that an 880 is better than 850 anymore.
    Just popping in to say that this was a really funny post, being that you said secondaries matter and than gave the incorrect BiS stats as important. Haste+Crit, not Haste+Mastery is what you want. Mastery is the worst stat.