Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Hail Zeon, we are gonna get some gundam action! Especially if we colonise mars, why do noone learn from anime!
    "Why dont people take cartoon plots more seriously!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    "Why dont people take cartoon plots more seriously!?"
    Yes Gundam is our future!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Did you even read my post? That was exactly what I said.. and you completely ignored the part about a more modern version of anarchy with competing corporations providing these services to people willing to pay for them.
    So basically the clan lords from the medieval Scottish Highlands, except with Kevlar armor and machine guns.

I think I'll pass.
    Last edited by Slybak; 2016-10-14 at 10:59 PM.

Hmmmm. What kind of economy you can create, without a a huge platform (like the ones in starcraft) You need a base for that not small space station. How can you be nation like that?
    The most ridiculous idea i have ever heard. It is not realistic at all. I am all for gundam, macross stuff but this is absurd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Woot. So you could become a.. wait for it... star citizen! Wonder when someone actually builds a scifi space station that can support tens of thousands of people, or more. Doesn't seem too far fetched, but building it in space seems crazy.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    There is no Hammerfest. It's all just a conspiracy. The mods reprogrammed Scrapbot into a troll-bot for sh*ts and giggles.
    Weak. I expect more wit, more intelligent snide, than what you've managed to come up with here.

There are those of us who believe there is no such thing as outer space and we're not "crazy."

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    "will offer an independent platform free from the constraint of a land-based country's laws".

Uh. You're still bound by the laws of the country you're located in.
    With diplomatic immunity perks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    So basically the clan lords from the medieval Scottish Highlands, except with Kevlar armor and machine guns.

I think I'll pass.
    No, more like all services being optional and competition between providers which should drive down the cost and up the quality. Not to mention no freeloaders(if you won't pay, you get nothing or will have to turn to a charity). I dont get why people see that as bad cause the centralized government is basically a monopoly which is really bad for everyone except for a select few people who have their hands in the pot .

And if youre worried about the poor who cant afford the stuff, well, even that will get better cause all the keyboard warriors who wont do jack themselves and complain about the mythical "rich" having to solve the problem will actually have to get their hands dirty and donate their own money to charity to help the situation.

"will offer an independent platform free from the constraint of a land-based country's laws".

Hard to enforce laws in space

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Hard to enforce laws in space
    And you are entitled to abandon your citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Weak. I expect more wit, more intelligent snide, than what you've managed to come up with here.

There are those of us who believe there is no such thing as outer space and we're not "crazy."
    The satellites orbitting the earth, providing the internet connection to whatever cave you're living in would say otherwise.

Though hey, if you want to volunteer to be one of the first Asgardians, I'll gladly come along with a camera to witness you not hitting the firmament and exploding.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-10-15 at 04:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    No, more like all services being optional
    This ends as soon as the enforcement of rights is taken out of public hands. There is no such thing as "optional" when force is distributed to private institutions with competing interests that are a law unto themselves. You either do what they say or kill them before they kill you. A human condition that Thomas Hobbes called "solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short."

and competition between providers which should drive down the cost and up the quality.
    Free competition over quality and price can only exist in an impartially-arbitrated, rules-based market. For that you need state power, shackled to the public interest via democratic means. That way the state, as the cure, does not become worse than the disease.

I dont get why people see that as bad cause the centralized government is basically a monopoly which is really bad for everyone except for a select few people who have their hands in the pot .
    Without a state there can be no law to which all parties are subordinate. Without that law there can be no lasting, mutually respected security of property, and without that security there can be no free commerce. You only ever own what you can take, and you only ever keep what you can defend at gunpoint.
    Last edited by Slybak; 2016-10-15 at 05:38 PM.

Things like this fuck me off, the same with people selling stars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The satellites orbitting the earth, providing the internet connection to whatever cave you're living in would say otherwise.
    You're right in that they would if they existed...

You're right in that they would if they existed...
    You're right actually. I just did 30 seconds of research on the internet (don't know what the source was, I wasn't paying attention. I'm sure it doesn't matter) and found some guy who says it's Thor up on a magic cloud who channels that wireless signal to your cave. He wholeheartedly approves of this endeavor to build a monument to the glory of Asgard amidst the heavens, and will smite you if you continue your heretical ways. (Again this wasn't Thor saying this to me directly, it was some guy on the internet who knew some other guy on the internet who says he definitely heard Thor say this.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't dilute my Viking ancestry. To say Midgård and pacifist, disgusting.

I sincerely hope that you are just trolling us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Yes Gundam is our future!
    i will allow it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Think outside the box...

Banking without regulation, data storage and transmission without monitoring/censorship, etc.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I sincerely hope that you are just trolling us.
    If by "trolling" you mean simply pointing out a truism, then yeah... go ahead and call it trolling.