Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No it's not, Emerald Nightmare isn't the best raid and Blizzard knows it. It's an entrance raid and it shouldn't last too long.

Definitely too early. The Nighthold hasn't even released yet so why waste a patch? But then again, that's me coming from a casual playstyle. I know that WoW loses a significant number of subscribers in the first 3 months of an expansion so maybe they are trying to counter that by over-releasing content. At least it's side content and not direct upgrades [ie: it won't dwarf current content]. Excited for Kara, anyway!

It's just a fucking dungeon and two raid bosses after the easiest entry raid ever so no certainly not.

Deleted
    It's too early to tell if it's too early. You need to see how the release content. If nighthold is 3 months away for example this patch is too early as 7.0 could easily last another 2-3 weeks before major drop offs.
    If they are releasing nighthold early January of even mid December though this patch is well timed.
    You need to be able to see the overall view and we don't have that, Blizzard has a better idea but even they can't predict production issues.

- - - Updated - - -

I do find the 1-2 month release of new content very promising though it's coming in line with other mmo producers and it's a great model for players

10+ Year Old Account
    Not too early. 7.1 bring Kharazan and major PvP QoL fixes. For perhaps 80% of the player base, it's nothing they'll do on a weekly basis.

But it's enough to know that content will come at a steady rate and that it's not just wind.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Still working on getting my 12 characters to 110 so yeah for me its to early.
    I am getting close but after that i need to do order hall storyline still so i guess i will not make it in time for all classes.

I thought it was a little early, until I saw that the raid wasn't coming for another two weeks.

That sounds just about right for our guild.

It gives us "more" raid content to do, while continuing and easing our (casual) EN progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So people complain when they take 6 months to make a patch now you say it's too early when they release a minor one 2 months after? Hypocrisy is strong fellas keep it up.
    Bad troll, a steak can be bad by cooking it too long or too short its about getting it just right. But outside of perfection some prefer medium-rare while others prefer medium well done. Some just want the steak already because they finished the starter while others are still eating it.

Anyway, for me not sure. It's still another 10 days so that might be okey. Normally in an expansion it feels about right for a mini patch, but since it's legion and it adds a small raid they could have waited an extra week or 2.
    Last edited by mmoc0e23e5b73e; 2016-10-15 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    Bad troll, you can good a steak for too long or too soon, its about getting it just right. But outside of perfection some prefer medium-rare while others prefer medium well done. Some just want the steak already because they finished the starter while others are still eating it.

Anyway, for me not sure. It's still another 10 days so that might be okey. Normally in an expansion it feels about right for a mini patch, but since it's legion and it adds a small raid they could have waited an extra week or 2.
    Yes I'm trolling because I called the community a bunch of hypocrites. Compared to 6.1 this has actual fucking content. Anyone complaining about a fair amount of content coming out quicker should just stop playing. They can't win when they pace it well and they can't win when they take a year to actually release something. Point is no matter what they do they cannot win. They finally pace a content patch well and people are complaining? Hilarious.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-15 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I don't think so. If it were replacing content then sure, it's too early, but it's just adding to what we've got so I don't see a problem.
    Except it is. TOV gear is higher ilvl than EN, so EN is now pointless unless you want the mythic or mount meta achievements.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I wonder what people will complain about when we enter the final stage of Legion and we're still getting small patches to tie us over until the next expansion's prepatch comes... "Legion added too much, it was quantity over quality!!!!!111" is my guess.

They did good on their commitment with 7.1, I see no reason to just assume that what they've been saying about not wanting a repeat of WoD's and MoP's end patch is empty talk.

They could have waited a couple of weeks. Majority of players is still progressing EN, and generally busy with 7.0 content.

I fear they are pushing content too fast now, and we will run into a content drought six month from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Krbl View Post
    They could have waited a couple of weeks. Majority of players is still progressing EN, and generally busy with 7.0 content.

I fear they are pushing content too fast now, and we will run into a content drought six month from now.
    Again. This will not affect your EN progression.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I wonder what people will complain about when we enter the final stage of Legion and we're still getting small patches to tie us over until the next expansion's prepatch comes... "Legion added too much, it was quantity over quality!!!!!111" is my guess.

They did good on their commitment with 7.1, I see no reason to just assume that what they've been saying about not wanting a repeat of WoD's and MoP's end patch is empty talk.
    Ironic isn't it? Like I said above they can't win if they do good content pacing but have a drought and everyone loses their shit. It's literally an unwinnable situation. And yeah I guarantee someone will find something to bitch about if they do a bunch of minor patches after the final Legion patch that have dungeon/filler content.

Again. This will not affect your EN progression.
    Everyone is going to do the new content once it is out. How is that not affecting progression?

Yes I'm trolling because I called the community a bunch of hypocrites. Compared to 6.1 this has actual fucking content. Anyone complaining about a fair amount of content coming out quicker should just stop playing. They can't win when they pace it well and they can't win when they take a year to actually release something. Point is no matter what they do they cannot win. They finally pace a content patch well and people are complaining? Hilarious.
    Indeed. It's hilarious as well that they compare 7.1 to 6.1 and then come to the conclusion that Legion will look like WoD in everything else... Meanwhile, it'll probably be closer to MoP's patch cycle and content quality, whilst they also have plans to not leave the expansion alone for 14 months of the final patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Indeed. It's hilarious as well that they compare 7.1 to 6.1 and then come to the conclusion that Legion will look like WoD in everything else... Meanwhile, it'll probably be closer to MoP's patch cycle and content quality, whilst they also have plans to not leave the expansion alone for 14 months of the final patch.
    I assume they might do what FF14 does since they seem to have taken a leaf out of it's book with pacing. Release small content patches in between big ones. It would actually work well for Blizzard because they could easily do good filler content in the minor patches.

i think its to early, EN hasn't be open that long really. Add in night hold around the corner in Jan likely and its not needed right now. I don't see them keeping this pace of content up for 2-3 years and people will complain if they don't. This is the type of patch they need in that lul between expacs not right after release.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Ask this question in 14 months, and see how different the answers are at that point.

Blizzard tends to frontload expansions, and then have content droughts at the end. I'd say it's probably early, but not by a lot. For more casual players than myself, it's certainly going to feel rushed.

7+ Year Old Account
    to much content/too fast= bad

no content= bad

this community lol

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    i think its to early, EN hasn't be open that long really. Add in night hold around the corner in Jan likely and its not needed right now. I don't see them keeping this pace of content up for 2-3 years and people will complain if they don't. This is the type of patch they need in that lul between expacs not right after release.
    Well they made the claim pacing will be quicker and droughts are no more. Time to see if they can keep to it.